Ten, with nine as a close second.

Best Drama CD?

The third.

Best movie?

I've only seen Rebellion, so Rebellion.

Best support/side character?

Hitomi I guess.

Best scene?

Sayaka snapping and butchering Elsa Maria, cause damn is that a powerful scene. I talked about it a little earlier on in the thread.

When Sayaka completely loses it when fighting Elsa Maria (the witch where everything in her labyrinth is all black and whitish), just because the music was beautiful and for a split second you really thought everything was going to be ok, and that Kyoko was going to take care of everything. It's a very messed up scene and I love it, even if I feel awful for Sayaka and how she's lost all desire to take care of herself, and even live really :(.

Best ship?

Sayaka and Kyoko are adorable together :wub:

Best friendship?

Mami and Kyoko, though you only see it in the manga and third CD.

Most tragic character?

Homura probably. Then Sayaka.

Best power/weapon?

I like Madoka's bow and Mami's ribbons.

Best Madoka game?

Haven't played any of them, but Madoka Portable looked interesting. That Sayaka bad end :(

img-2224842-1-tumblr_inline_mp09edFXOy1q

Is Kyubey entirely in the wrong? Do you agree with what he does or doesn't reveal?

In the original series, he's working towards something positive but his methods put him in the wrong. In Rebellion, bastard gets no sympathy from me. You don't get to play the "For the greater good" card when you throw a compromise that worked for you perfectly well out the window and try to screw over innocent people. He can't play the "Oh but it was you who ruined your life bit" either.

Do Homura's actions in Rebellion seem out-of-character to you? Does it make sense?

It's a twist for sure, but looking at the convo she had with Madoka in the field, you can point to where she got the idea. It makes sense to me, I guess.

Are Homura's actions in Rebellion entirely wrong?

No, but I think they're definitely not right and that Madoka's world was better in the end.

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 2

I don't know why I'm dropping in to say this, but for some reason, I just feel like getting this out. Probably because I always end up surrounded by this anime no matter where I go.

Puella Magi Madoka is a very interesting franchise for me. On one hand, it has an extremely adorable cast and extremely likeable characters overall. The hope and effort seen from every characters' efforts is something I can commend. Plus, the artstyle is ungodly adorable. If I could draw like that, I'd be doodling all over the place without a second thought.

... On the other, much larger hand, good GOD is it dark. I mean, I tell people Klonoa was abused in Door to Phantomile (and even a bit in Lunatea's Veil) in my efforts to get them interested in the franchise... but geez. The darkness is overflowing. Throughout the series, there's always a theme that there may be some light in there somewhere, just for nothing to work out in the end, except maybe a bare victory. It's a complete contrast to what it appears to be and it infuriates me.

Now, I have never watched the anime or read the manga, nor do I have any intentions of doing so. With Klonoa as an exception, darkness is something I absolutely cannot stand. And while I'm sure that Madoka is good and all, it's DARK. Like, grimdark.

I guess the reason I pop in here is to say that while I have no enjoyment or pleasure in the franchise or most of what it has to offer, I have nothing but respect for it and what it's intended to be. It's meant to be an interesting twist on the usual Magical girl formula and I'm sure it works. The fans themselves are a very interesting community of people and I see varying levels of avidity come from it's fans and admirers.

Sorry for using this thread to get all these pent-up thoughts out, but this thread was just... here, so I wanted to say something in a place where it had a context.

Anyways, sorry for not being a fan and using this thread to note such, but keep on loving it and showing your respect for it. Make sure that everytime I'm surrounded by it, I know there's a reason.

... I'm going to regret this post in the morning, I just know it.

The darkness is overflowing. Throughout the series, there's always a theme that there may be some light in there somewhere, just for nothing to work out in the end, except maybe a bare victory. It's a complete contrast to what it appears to be and it infuriates me. Now, I have never watched the anime or read the manga, nor do I have any intentions of doing so. With Klonoa as an exception, darkness is something I absolutely cannot stand. And while I'm sure that Madoka is good and all, it's DARK. Like, grimdark.

While I don't deny that it's a very dark show, one of the darkest I've seen, I'm curious how you're able to assert that nothing works out in the end when you haven't seen or read through it.

While I don't deny that it's a very dark show, one of the darkest I've seen, I'm curious how you're able to assert that nothing works out in the end when you haven't seen or read through it.

... Ah, forgot to mention that in my original post.

See, as I mentioned before, I'm surrounded by Madoka. On another site, especially, there's a Big-crossover RP I'm a part of. Two Madoka characters (Madoka and Homura) have been inserted into the plot and play their roles in the RP. I've learned a lot about them through that RP and being told future plans for the characters and just why these plans are done. I learned about Kyuubey and his not-as-evil-as-it-seems mentality, the admittedly beautiful relationship between Homura and Madoka, the whole time travel thing and how it lasted eleven years only to end with a really cruel twist of fate, and things like that.

... Plus, I just hear about all these things from all the fans around me.

... I will admit I don't know enough to say that as I did, and it was rather presumptious of me, but I don't have much doubt in that it's at least mostly the case.

I don't understand what this guy's saying but I think I've already expressed before in this thread that I'd have enjoyed a darker ending much more. It would've really hammered in the themes/messages with more power (by being more emotional). That's because I loved the dark theme.

Of course if you don't like the darkness then, yeah it's not for you. I don't understand how it can be infuriating though. It's hardly grimdark, just complete hope destroying.

I'll try to answer Clarity's questions since I haven't participated in this thread for some time. :/

Best piece of music?

Honestly, I'm not too sure. I'll get back to you on that. :P

Best song? (Note: Song, not tunes)

Magia by Kalafina

Best witch?

Gretchen

Best episode?

12. My Very Best Friend

Best Drama CD? 

I don't know. :(

Best movie?

Rebellion

Kyosuke Kamijo

Best scene?

Fight scene: Mami vs Homura from Rebellion

Emotional scene: Most of episode 10. :C

Best ship?

Sayaka x Kyoko or Madoka x Homura

Best friendship?

Madoka and Sayaka

Most tragic character?

Homura

Best power/weapon?

Mami's ribbons and flintlock rifles.

Best Madoka game?

Haven't played any. I've only seen a couple clips of Madoka Portable for PSP.

• Brohoof 5

Best piece of music? Best song? (Note: Song, not tunes) Best witch? Best episode? Best Drama CD?  Best movie? Best support/side character? Best scene? Best ship? Best friendship? Most tragic character? Best power/weapon? Best Madoka game?

Music: Decretum, AKA Sayaka Miki's theme. However it's sorta spoiler-ish because it's extremely foreboding (a different degree to that of the first couple of episodes of the show) and it's painstakingly obvious that Sayaka is going to be wrecked sometime soon. Then again, that in itself makes it pretty cruel.

It's basically like you're put in Homura's shoes where you know Sayaka really can't be saved.

Song: Connect (ClariS). This was actually a song that Shaft (the studio) decided to use because they were running out of time for the production, but the lyrics fit the anime and Homura's objective to a T. Hence it's insanely touching after you've seen episode ten.

Best witch: [Note for everyone else - You actually need to read some of the manga associated with the PMMM franchise to better answer this.]

Eh, Candeloro. Witch of dress-up; Mami's witch form. More consumed by darkness than Sayaka is, if pushed enough.

Best episode: Hands down, episode ten. You could put the thing by itself and it would rank as a top-of-the-line OVA. Ultimately it was what pushed Madoka from a solid 8 to a very high 9 for me.

Best drama CD: Drama CD 2 was pretty funny. I didn't put Drama CD 3 in because The Different Story manga covered this plus way more, so.

Best movie: Rebellion.

Best support/side character: Junko Kaname (Madoka's mom). Not even close, either. She's hands down the most insightful, wise, and supportive of them all besides PSP game Homura. A shame they all had to keep the mahou shoujo thing a secret from her.

Best scene: Because I loved Gurren Lagann, timeline 1 Madoka charging in and defeating Walpurgisnight (via sacrifice) was a lot like... Kamina doing the same thing to General Thymilph. Really inspiring to see, to be honest.

Best ship: KyouMami, but personal taste, so.

Best friendship: Mami and Kyouko.

Most tragic character: Homura. Not even close. This kid was raised without parents, suffered with a heart condition before her wish, was physically weak, had no friends until Madoka... and that wasn't even the start of her trouble.

Best power: Homura's time travel magic, if mastered... you really have nearly a zero chance of beating her. Unless you take her by surprise (like Mami in Rebellion or Kyouko in episode 8), then say goodbye to your life or soul gem.

Best Madoka game: There's only one official one, the PSP game - and it's pretty damn good. The Battle Pentagram I don't know much of.

• Brohoof 3

Best piece of music?: Not sure if I have a favorite. I love some of the stuff from this video:

Best song? (Note: Song, not tunes): I love all of them, but I'm gonna go with Connect by ClariS.

Best witch?: Hmm probably Gretchen.

Best episode?: Episode 10, hands down. So much becomes clear, and it was one of those episodes that bump up your appreciation for the show. Also, the feels :(

Best Drama CD?: Haven't checked those out, so I can't say atm. I'll check them out sometime soon since I hear they're quite good  ^_^

Best movie?: Only seen the third one, so Rebellion. I plan to watch the other two at some point, though. Probably when Rebellion comes out on DVD, so I can spend a day watching through the three movies.

Best support/side character?: Probably Madoka's mom, since she gave Madoka plenty of advice and was just a good character in general. The other supporting characters didn't really do much at all. The show was really centered around the main characters.

Best scene?: I can't choose, since there were so many great ones.

Best ship?: Sayaka x Kyoko is OTP :3

Best friendship?: I really liked Mami and Kyoko's friendship in The Different Story, but when it comes to the show I guess I'd say Sayaka and Madoka.

Most tragic character?: Homura. You just feel so bad for her sometimes :( especially after seeing episode 10. Sayaka was quite tragic as well.

Best power/weapon?: I like Homura's time abilities the most, I think. Time stuff is always cool, and it's really badass when she uses all her guns and bombs.

Best Madoka game?: Never played any.

• Brohoof 4

I'll try to answer this the best I can.

Best piece of music: Puella in Somnio (Homura's Theme).

Best song: Connect - ClariS.

Best witch: Oktavia von Seckendorff.

Best episode: Episode 10.

Best Drama CD: Dunno.

Best movie: The Rebellion Story.

Best support/side character: Hitomi Shizuki.

Best scene: Sayaka losing it when fighting Elsa Maria, Mami's death, most of Episode 10; there are too many good ones.

Best ship: Kyoko x Sayaka.

Best friendship: Kyoko and Mami or Madoka and Sayaka.

Most tragic character: Homura.

Best power/weapon: Homura's, though it's kind of the worst as well.

Best Madoka game: Dunno.

• Brohoof 2

Best piece of music?
CREDENS JUSTITIUM! 

Magia. I like the Mindfuck remix d:

Best witch?
Mami's witch I guess d:

Best episode?
3 "I'm Not Afraid of Anything Anymore" or 9 "I'd Never Allow That To Happen"

Best Drama CD?
Not sure what that is

Best movie?
... THERE ARE MOVIES? WHAT DA HECKS WHY DIDN'T i KNOW THIS?! 

Madoka's little brother ^-^

Best scene?

That moment when Sayaka turned into a witch. Freakin chill bumps from epicness.

Fight scene: Fighting Sayaka's witch

Emotional scene: Only time I got emotional was at the end when the Homura was talking to Madoka's mother and she recognized the ribbon or whatever and her little brother remembered the name ;~;

Best ship?
Sayaka x Kamijo d:

Best friendship?
Madoka and Homura

Most tragic character?
Homura. She had to live through her friends dying over and over again D':

Best power/weapon?
Mami's guns. 

Best Madoka game?
Madoka Magica Portable. I'm going to play it, soon..

Is Kyubey entirely in the wrong? Do you agree with what he does or doesn't reveal?
I actually can see Kyubey's point of view. I mean he doesn't understand emotions, not having them himself. Does that mean he should be able to go on a planet that isn't his own and be the cause of tons of deaths to benefit his own race? I mean thats debatable. It's not like he doesn't have a reason, that he just goes around and kills becaue he feels like it. Also, the girls make the decision themselves, for something in return. It's partially their fault for not asking "What do I have to pay in return?" But Kyubey also asks them all to make a wish they would trade anything for, and that means their right to die as a human. So I can side with Kyubey, though I'm not really on his side either.

Edited by The Leafeon Pinkeh
  • Brohoof 3

Forgot some questions. :P

Well, I don't think he's entirely wrong. What he does makes sense if you are looking at it from a logical standpoint. And because of what he doesn't reveal, he is able to convince girls to become Magical Girls. If he told them everything, they would most likely never become a Magical Girl willingly. So, I guess I sorta agree with what he does, no matter how evil it may seem.

Do Homura's actions in Rebellion seem out-of-character to you? Does it make sense?

No, I don't think it was out-of-character for her. Her desire to be with Madoka (without her being dead or a god) strengthened over all the timelines, and by the time the events of The Rebellion Story rolled around; I think she would do anything to make sure she could be with Madoka. Which includes, what she did.

Homura did nothing wrong Are Homura's actions in Rebellion entirely wrong?

While it's completely understandable that she did what she did; I don't think she did the right thing. She's letting her emotions get the best of her, and doesn't have the ability to accept what has happened. So, yes and no; what she did on its own was wrong, but it's understandable coming from her character.

• Brohoof 1

I have a question of my own. Which of the Puella Magis' powers would you want to have? (Other than Godoka, but you can say regular Madoka from the previous timelines.)   For me, I really like Mami's ribbony ribbons; it's rather like Applejack's psychic lasso but stretchy and infinitive. Homura's time-stopping power is amazing as well. The others use normal weapons, which is nice, but doesn't fit with the "Magical Girl" theme.

I'd rather have Mami's ribbon ability.  It seems like you can make lots of stuff with it, like guns.

About the series, I really did like it for it's message on how altruism isn't about reaping the rewards, how decisions should be contemplated before they're made, how one should never rely on genies to grant your wish.  Because let's face it, you may get your selfless wish granted, but never your selfish desire.  That's how:

all those Magical Girls over the course of human history fell into despair.

My character ranking is:

1) Mami (She's kind of my role model.)

2) Kyouko (We're sort of alike in some ways.)

3) Sayaka (I like how she learned from her mistakes when she appeared in Rebellion.)

4) Madoka (I'm kind of neutral about Madoka, although I give her a point for really thinking about her wish)

5) Homura (I have seen Rebellion.  Let me just say that her intentions were good, but what she did costed the world's happiness, all for the happiness of one who wanted to make the world happy.)

• Brohoof 2

I'd been meaning to watch this show, so I marathon-ed it yesterday and MAN is it good. It's soooo good. It left me in a pool of emotions, and I love it.

My character order:

1. Mami Tomoe. I don't know why I love her so much, I just do.

2. Homura Akemi. Very sympathetic and intresting character. Though, I haven't seen Rebellion yet, so my opinion may change.

3. Sayaka Miki. Another really good character. Her noble intentions getting ruined really hit me.

4. Kyoko Sakura. I didn't really care for her at first, but she really grew on me.

5. Madoka Kaname. She's not very intresting to me.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

To be honest, the start of Episode 1 kinda scared me off. I was all like "shoot people are going to die NU". I guess I'll go back and watch it. Mebbe.

If you can deal with some feels and sadness, it's a really incredible show :). It can be incredibly touching too.

Recently Mami's been growing a lot on me and I think I'm going to make a big post/blog about her whenever I'm not feeling lazy :derp:

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 2

If you can deal with some feels and sadness, it's a really incredible show :). It can be incredibly touching too.

Recently Mami's been growing a lot on me and I think I'm going to make a big post/blog about her whenever I'm not feeling lazy :derp:

I can deal with feels. I just can't deal with Higurashi again. Just... NU.

Best piece of music?

Decretum is my favorite piece of music from the show. It's absolutely beautiful, and the violin speaks many untold things about the balance of despair and hope. The scary – and ironic – part is that Decretum plays during what looked like happy scenes, such as after Sayaka talks with Madoka about her decision to become a magical girl. It tells you that hope will be countered by a single feeling of regret... eventually. Oh, and in the Movie version of Episode 12, Eternal, Decretum plays instead of Sis Puella Magica when Madoka is about to make her wish. It's somewhat extended and sounds rather strange if you focus on the BGM, but overall I think it has a better effect in the movie. Especially with Homura there crying.

Kimi no Gin no Niwa – translates to Your Silver Garden – is my absolute favorite song from the show. Aside from the fact that Kalafina is simply awesome, and that the credits are actually really, horribly depressing as a silhouette of Homura dances alone, almost carefree, the tune is also deceiving – it's basically like Homu on the surface, oh-so-happy, having stolen Madoka from the Law of Cycles and creating a perfect world for her and her friends, smug and overall acting like a cliché "MWAHAHA" villain – hints such as the tomato-throwing Clara Dolls (Homu's familiars) and her falling off the cliff at the epilogue shows that Homura's likely experiencing a billion emotions of guilt that's gonna bottle up and cause shit soon.

The guardian 

of your young slumber—

The gateway to adulthood is tightly shut

Still naive, poor Homu. Despite being less foolish than others due to her past experiences, what I interpret from this is that she still thinks she can protect Madoka and change her fate despite the clear inevitable, keep her happy despite the lengths she went to to do so – and in the end, she's still a growing girl in her most emotional state, and there's only so much such a person can take.

Stay softly with me,

please don't leave me

Chirp your song by my window,

please don't leave me

Kind of self-explanatory. What I find interesting about this verse is that it's the only verse that repeated itself in the song, adding extra emphasis on Homura's sorrow. The line "Chirp your song by my window" tells you Homura's desire to hear Madoka talk to her again, and be there beside her (instead of the "Do your best" at the epilogue of the anime, where it's only Godoka speaking to her instead of being there). 

I'm probably nitpicking this song apart, but I gotta say the speculah matches up with Homura's actions in Rebellion. Besides all the sad hints and stuff, I enjoy the song for its musical quality – and, as I've said before, the singers of Kalafina are amazing.

Best witch?

Charlotte, due to her backstory and everything. An official source stated that her mother was dying of sickness, and Kyubey showed up. Charlotte wished to have cheesecake with her mother one last time before she died – and realized too late that she should have wished for her mother's health instead. And, of course, witched out – ALL during Episode 3! Plus, in Rebellion, we find that Charlotte is actually (highlight) Nagisa Momoe , the new magical girl introduced to the movie.

I also really like Homulilly and Oktavia – the descriptions on their cards really make me sympathize with the witches and the characters associated with them. The Nutcracker witch – a graceful dancer like Homura herself. I find the theme of dance really intriguing, especially since she screwed up Kyubey... with a dance. Spin spin power. And there's the Mermaid witch associated with the symphony. That's why I like the idea of Sayaka and Homura becoming friends.

Best episode?

Hands down, Episode 10: I Won't Rely on Anyone Anymore. It's pretty much obvious: Homu backstory revealed, sad, sad, and sad moments, character returns such as Mami and Kyoko for those who've missed them, et cetera. There's not much to hate about it.

Best Drama CD? 

A tie between Drama CD 2: Sunny Day Life and Drama CD 1: Memories of You. For those of you who never listened to the Drama CDs, I suggest you do. They're really good.

Memories of You is essentially an expanded version of Episode 10, focused on only the first timeline and when Homura and Madoka first met. It really expands on their friendship and made me sympathize with Homura even more on her actions in Rebellion. Really, Madoka is the first person that picked Homura up and give her a life, and I can definitely see where Homura gets her obsession of Madoka from. It also makes me wonder about the cat, Amy. Does Homura still take care of her, or did she give up on her – just like on herself and even her usual relationship with Madoka due to declaring that they'll be enemies one day? 

Sunny Day Life is just as cheery and bright as it sounds. It's a slice-of-life story pretty much completely exempt from the main story's tone and plot. Filled with cute to funny moments, it's the perfect Drama CD for those who want a happier story for the poor mahou shoujos who've had nothing but sad lives. I loved Kyoko's attempts at speaking English and Homura and Mami helping Madoka on her homework. Homura even offers to help Madoka cheat on her make-up test! It really makes me wonder (I keep saying that :P) about what would Homura be like if everything was happy and she succeeded in saving Madoka. Also, the girls embark on a journey to stop a familiar who was stealing women's underwear, of which Mami gets furious about. Overall, a great CD that includes all six characters fairly.

Drama CD 4: Magical Girl Summer Camp also gets a special mention for being a cheery slice-of-life story. Moemura was badass, the KyoSaya moments here were adorable, and... well, it was just amazing! 

Best movie?

I've watched all three. And I honestly can't say which one of them is better, because they're all just... just... I can't describe it. I've never watched anything as good as these. That being said... Rebellion is probably just a tinge below the others due to its rather confusing structure. The other two movies, which are essentially recaps of the TV series, are actually fairly straightforward with a few plot twists, but I just couldn't follow Rebellion all that well. It left off at a cliffhanger and didn't even fully explain Homura's new powers, leaving my head and brains knocked out.

I probably liked Eternal the best, which is the recap of Episodes 9, 10, 11, and 12 of the series.

I like Hitomi for her kindness that everyone seems to overlook because of what she did to Sayaka. I also love her design – I find her to be quite cute. But I think it mostly came from the Bonus Route in the PSP game where she crushes on Homura and becomes friends with her, which gave me high expectations of her becoming a mahou shoujo someday.

Best scene?

All the scenes where Homura cries. That includes her breakdown in Episode 8, her grief in Episode 10, and another breakdown in Episode 11. And Episode 12, too – now that I think about it, Homura basically cries the most out of all the characters. Even more than Madoka, I think. Ironic, considering her usual emotionless demeanor – but I suppose she has a lot to be sad about. She really is the most tragic character.

Best ship?

HomuMado, because duh. Don't think I need to elaborate. :P

Best friendship?

My favorite BroTP is an extreeeemely uncommon one, and that's Homura and Sayaka. Why so, you may ask? On terms of hostility in the TV series on a scale between 1 to 10, they cap at 11 at directly trying to kill each other for shitty reasons. But in the games – I'm SORRY! – in the games, there were scenes of which Homura tries to help Sayaka and Sayaka offers to become friends with Homura – all acting in character, even if they weren't canon. And in Rebellion

Sayaka, as part of Madoka's plan, gains her memories and powers and essentially knows pretty much everything about Homura. She tells Homura that the witch – which was Homu herself – couldn't be that bad if she wanted to give the girls a happy life instead of killing the victims. In their rescue against Homulilly, Sayaka states that it took a lot of work to fool Kyubey and Homura, but it was something she'd do for Homura, because she deserves a reward for fighting so hard.

The problem with Homura is that while she tries so hard to protect Madoka over and over, she doesn't have anyone to watch her back. She has no friends, is lonely, and is completely fine with that. Or so it looks. What I think Homura needs to lessen her pain is a friend who'd help her, someone she would also care about, so losing Madoka wouldn't make her bonkers. Sayaka, having learned her lesson of regret, seems to fit that position in my opinion.

Most tragic character?

Homura, by light-years far. Not much to say that hasn't already been said. 

List of crap that happens to her (contains some Rebellion spoilers):

- Grown up likely without family

- Hospitalized due to heart disease for half a year

- Timid and shy – bullied and gossiped about to the point of her having suicidal thoughts

- Had the only person who ever cared about her die for her

- Forced to mercy kill her best friend (also an element of her guilt and regret as Homulilly in Rebellion)

- Travels over 100 timelines to accomplish a goal and fails every time, watching that same person die

- At the end, she still doesn't accomplish that goal and is forced to leave her friend behind

- Is the only one who remembers said friend, leaving her to question her existence. It was at this point that she began to fall into despair during events pre-Rebellion. Spoilers at this point on.

- Learns that her friend didn't really want to go, but did it out of duty – leaving Homu to think it was her fault 

- Used as an experiment by the Incubators and played with her emotions

- Shot herself (?)

- Turned into a witch 

- Turns into a devil. Yes, though Homu wanted to do that, I'm still counting that because she's living with guilt that she had stolen Madoka's wish, as shown in several hints such as the Clara Dolls, HomuMado scene, and the epilogue.

Best power/weapon?

Homura's shield takes the prize. Original and genius – who wouldn't want a time-stopping device that blocks direct attacks from powerful witches and is an unlimited storage facility? 

Best Madoka game?

I haven't played any either, but you don't have to play any to answer this question, guys :P I see clips of those games on Youtube, and I've especially enjoyed going through the Bonus Route of the PSP game and watching Homura actually get a sense of humor. (Too soft! Softer than the softest sofa at the soft sofa store! :P) And for Sayaka fans, this is probably the only time Sayaka manages to confess to Kyosuke and have it go well. It's really a great route – you guys should watch it if you haven't already.

That being said, I liked the Battle Pentagram better solely due to the appeal of its gameplay. The first one seems more like an RPG or something – not sure myself, but Pentagram lets you control the girls and use their attacks – it's all very realistic and action-packed. Also, who could forget the fanservice/pandering that the max relationship scenes offer? Even if they aren't canon... it's cute, cute, and cute.

Phew... that was long. Bet people won't read any of it. Oh well.

• Brohoof 2

I'm 6 episodes into this. There's some rather compelling ideas at play here. It took a while to really get going for me but I'm hooked.

Also, and I realize I may appear foolish since I have not completed the series and am therefore uninformed, but Sayaka is totally Best Magical Girl.

• Brohoof 1

Also, and I realize I may appear foolish since I have not completed the series and am therefore uninformed, but Sayaka is totally Best Magical Girl.

No you've definitely got this right ^^. Took me a while to settle on her as my favorite, but rewatching certain scenes and the movie really did her a lot of service.

Hope you enjoy the rest :)

• Brohoof 1

SAYAKA. ISU. VERY. FOOLISHU. (Reference :P)

You haven't watched episode 10 yet. I shouldn't get my hopes up, but still ;_; HomuHomu needs more love! 

• Brohoof 2

No you've definitely got this right ^^. Took me a while to settle on her as my favorite, but rewatching certain scenes and the movie really did her a lot of service.

From what I've seen thus far, she strikes me as a girl with lots of heart but little in the way of talent. She is easily the one I most identify with. ;)

You haven't watched episode 10 yet. I shouldn't get my hopes up, but still ;_; HomuHomu needs more love!

*covers ears and plays loud music*

I should depart this thread. There be spoilers aplenty, I'm sure. :lol:

Edit: I just finished up with episode 10, and HomuHomu (?) has just earned major points from me for being awesome. Didn't think I'd ever find her cute or relatable or even tragic, but it happened. Well done.

Awesome points must also be awarded to Gen Urobuchi and Akiyuki Shinbo for their superb writing and direction throughout. Amazed at how much poignancy and style they managed to pack into what was essentially a 23 minute info dump.

Will watch the remaining two episodes tomorrow because my eyes are dead tired right now.

Edited by Rudy Redlin
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)
Will watch the remaining two episodes tomorrow because my eyes are dead tired right now.

Know the feeling well (hugs)

Edit: I just finished up with episode 10, and HomuHomu (?) has just earned major points from me for being awesome. Didn't think I'd ever find her cute or relatable or even tragic, but it happened. Well done. Awesome points must also be awarded to Gen Urobuchi and Akiyuki Shinbo for their superb writing and direction throughout. Amazed at how much poignancy and style they managed to pack into what was essentially a 23 minute info dump.

And very true. Episode ten is partially so great for making everything before it even better, in my opinion. So many interactions and conversations have to be interpreted differently. There's this one where Madoka is mourning Mami and talking to Homura and says to her "Homura, I'll never forget everything you've done for me" or something like that. It gets me every time :( :( :( :(. And Homura tenses up and leaves and... :(

Edited by DashForever
  • Brohoof 3

Finished episode 12, and WOW. These last three episodes have been phenomenal. I'm not sure I've ever seen a show jump so drastically in quality over such a short time. I had it pegged as a solid 7 but now it's closer to a 9. I love it.

Now, all that said, and considering just how happy the finale made me, I'm terrified of watching Rebellion. What I've heard of it so far tells me it's gonna pull an End of Evangelion and trample all over my feelings. Why do I willingly subject myself to this stuff?

P.S. I've come to adore Homura, but Sayaka is still my girl. 

Edited by Rudy Redlin
  • Brohoof 4

Now, all that said, and considering just how happy the finale made me, I'm terrified of watching Rebellion. What I've heard of it so far tells me it's gonna pull an End of Evangelion and trample all over my feelings. Why do I willingly subject myself to this stuff?

A wise man once said:

Imagine episode ten. Now imagine it being grabbed forcefully, thrown to the ground, body-slammed with the force of a thousand suns, and then stomped on its head repeatedly.

That is what Rebellion feels like.

There's lots of things it may do. The one and the most frightening prospect is that you will hate Homura's GUTS. Like, you'll hate every single part of her from her beautiful eyes to her sexy hair. Oh, and there's also mild side effects like a heart attack, dizzy mind, weak heart, and all that unimportant stuff.

Watch at your own risk.

• Brohoof 4

There's lots of things it may do. The one and the most frightening prospect is that you will hate Homura's GUTS. Like, you'll hate every single part of her from her beautiful eyes to her sexy hair. Oh, and there's also mild side effects like a heart attack, dizzy mind, weak heart, and all that unimportant stuff.   Watch at your own risk.

Ah, yes. Mah boy Nonon/Mari/Kagami. I have no reason to disbelieve him. Looks like I have soooo much to look forward to. ;)

In the meantime, I'll get around to answering your questionnaire. At some point. In the future. Too tired right now.

• Brohoof 1