Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv The Madoka Magica Thread

duidamasterXD

Have any of you watched Rebellion yet?

Yep. Best film of 2013, for my money.

I finally got around to watching the movie a while back and I will just say that I love it and hate it at the same time. In a good way.

I heard that it may or may not be a massive parody/deconstruction of the fanbase but I dunno.

Sort of. Many have observed that a significant chunk of the movie plays out like a fix-fic, playing up the cliches of the genre (ridiculous transformations, cutesy mascots that only speak their name, everyone being HAPPY). Then everything starts going wrong...

Yup. I'm the self-proclaimed expert on this beautiful piece of media. 

lol gtfo noob

• Brohoof 2

As for favorite Magical girl, I couldn't really pick any single character because each one is so well developed. I'd still say Mami though, is my fav.

I don't know anyone who likes Hitomi. She's really annoying and not a magical girl.

WHY HAD NO ONE TOLD ME ABOUT THIS??? :D

Anywho

Favories:

1. KYOKO

2. Homura

3. Mami

Homura at second place, huh? There is hope for you yet. I too had her pegged as second favorite, once upon a time :D

Unless Rebellion screws it all up for you. Seen it yet?

• Brohoof 2

Homura at second place, huh? There is hope for you yet. I too had her pegged as second favorite, once upon a time :D

Unless Rebellion screws it all up for you. Seen it yet?

No; Is there any way to see the movies without buying them?

(Hopefully legally)

This just might be my new favourite thread on the entire forums because Madoka is such an awesome anime. I'm thinking: if you guys were to become magical boys/girls, without any knowledge of the consequences, what would you wish for? Mine would be a rather, selfish wish.

Well, Kyubey said at the beginning that you could wish for anything, no matter how impossible. He kinda takes it back later on, but if I did't know about that, I'd wish to be god. Not like Madoka god. Like, actual, real god. Probably to troll people :3

Oh, man, that would be fun. Real life trolling. :D

No; Is there any way to see the movies without buying them?

(Hopefully legally)

You only need to see one movie, and that's the third one (Rebellion). The first two are recaps of the show with a few visual adjustments and a new opening song. You really won't miss anything by skipping them.

And at the moment, I don't know of any legal way to view Rebellion without buying it. You might have to go for a torrent. I can point you to it, if you're interested. ;)

Makusu2 is awesome.

I have a question of my own. Which of the Puella Magis' powers would you want to have? (Other than Godoka, but you can say regular Madoka from the previous timelines.)

Kyoko spear magic :D

Best magic evah.

Edited by A Kyoko Makusu2
  • Brohoof 1

You only need to see one movie, and that's the third one (Rebellion). The first two are recaps of the show with a few visual adjustments and a new opening song. You really won't miss anything by skipping them.

And at the moment, I don't know of any legal way to view Rebellion without buying it. You might have to go for a torrent. I can point you to it, if you're interested. ;)

*Steps into dark corner*

*Ahem*

You got the link?

*Hands out money*

*Stops RPing*

I think it's ironic that I ended up being the one to show you this :muffins:

You owe me, motherbucker :D

Aww, I love you, anti-weeaboo! :D

• Brohoof 1

I've noticed that each of the Puella Magi Quintet embodies a quality of good and one of bad.

Madoka: Hope / Helplessness

Homura: Love / Greed

Sayaka: Justice / Regret

Kyoko: Compassion / Selfishness

Mami: Selflessness / Loneliness

Typically, each of these are the qualities that give the magical girls hope and despair respectively. What do you guys think?

Datsdeep.

Best song? (Note: Song, not tunes)

Mami's theme, or the opening. I can't decide. Oh, and why can't I find the opening song with the same video on YouTube? It's weird o_0

Best witch?

HAHAHAHAHA I don't remember stuff like that :D I guess Gretchen.

Best episode?

4 :D

Best Drama CD?

Chaotic Discord? 

Best movie?

That one.

Best support/side character?

Kyoko's food

Best scene?

Kyoko scenes

Best ship?

Kyoko X Makusu2 (Though I'll need Clarification (seewhatididthere))

Best friendship?

Kyoko and Makusu2

Most tragic character?

MAMI!!!!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! I was linked a picture of her with her head torn off by one of my anti-weeaboo friends. I like Smile HD, so eh. xD

Best power/weapon?

SPEAR STABBIE WEAPON

Best Madoka game?

I lost the game.

• Brohoof 3

I don't watch the show but I've seen the characters but i don't know their names and if i had to choose my top 3 it would be

1. Long pony tail red head girl

2. Long straight black hair girl

3. Curly blonde hair girl

I like the art I've seen from the show and there is a particular one i really like

Shes my favourite cause she's hot

qGOzMTW.png

• Brohoof 2

Hot damn, guys...

I would give anything, even being the only Homu fan in the universe, to have an actual, reasonable discussion that is NOT 4chan about Madoka Magica. 

/MM/

I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  I LOVE YOU  

HAVE MY BABIES

;_;

img-2322132-1-C15zNqO.png

The shortcomings of this test are very obvious and have been pointed out many times before, but I did my best to answer truthfully and I think the results are accurate.

Whoa. Do you have a link to that test?

img-2520623-1-tumblr_mybdccQjBv1rvmnlpo1

Kyubey doesn't seem like he's having such a good Christmas this year

Dats cute :3

WHAT ARE YOU DOING? THOSE ARE SPOILERS. GODDAMMIT GODOKADAMMIT MAKUSU

Oh. O_O

Shoot.

I need to start reading.

Sorry!

(._. )

edit: HOLD ON.

"Godoka"

AHA

LOOK WHO'S TALKING

:D

@@ghostfacekiller39,

What if...

What if ghost turns into a weeaboo? :o  :o

The results would be hilarious :D

This needs to happen.

You got that, Ghostie?

Watch it.

WATCH.

IT.

Edited by A Kyoko Makusu2
  • Brohoof 3

Homura, by light-years far. Not much to say that hasn't already been said.  List of crap that happens to her (contains some Rebellion spoilers):   - Shot herself (?) - Turned into a witch  - Turns into a devil. Yes, though Homu wanted to do that, I'm still counting that because she's living with guilt that she had stolen Madoka's wish, as shown in several hints such as the Clara Dolls, HomuMado scene, and the epilogue.

I wrote that, not Blue Moon :huh: The guy didn't like Homura anymore after Rebellion. :P

ALSO GOD THESE WERE SPOILERS GODDAMMIT MAKUSU

• Brohoof 1

I wrote that, not Blue Moon :huh: The guy didn't like Homura anymore after Rebellion.  :P

ALSO GOD THESE WERE SPOILERS GODDAMMIT MAKUSU

They didn't have the spoiler tag ;_;

Anywho, watching the movie, see you all after! :D

They didn't have the spoiler tag ;_;

Most tragic character?

Homura, by light-years far. Not much to say that hasn't already been said. 

List of crap that happens to her (contains some Rebellion spoilers):

- Grown up likely without family

- Hospitalized due to heart disease for half a year

- Timid and shy – bullied and gossiped about to the point of her having suicidal thoughts

- Had the only person who ever cared about her die for her

- Forced to mercy kill her best friend (also an element of her guilt and regret as Homulilly in Rebellion)

- Travels over 100 timelines to accomplish a goal and fails every time, watching that same person die

- At the end, she still doesn't accomplish that goal and is forced to leave her friend behind

- Is the only one who remembers said friend, leaving her to question her existence. It was at this point that she began to fall into despair during events pre-Rebellion. Spoilers at this point on.

- Learns that her friend didn't really want to go, but did it out of duty – leaving Homu to think it was her fault 

- Used as an experiment by the Incubators and played with her emotions

- Shot herself (?)

- Turned into a witch 

- Turns into a devil. Yes, though Homu wanted to do that, I'm still counting that because she's living with guilt that she had stolen Madoka's wish, as shown in several hints such as the Clara Dolls, HomuMado scene, and the epilogue.

I wrote "Rebellion spoilers" before the Rebellion spoilers :(