Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who out of the main characters do you think needs more songs?

Spinelspike

The title really speaks for itself.

Over the course of 3 and a bit seasons, we have been treated to a number of different songs sung by one or a group of the main characters, including the likes of the Mane 6, Spike, the Cutie mark crusaders, and Equestria royalty members. 

Many of the songs convey the feelings of the character(s) singing or reflect the current attitude towards a particular situation. Some characters seem more willing than others to burst into song to reflect their feelings, whereas others have only really had the one time to sing their thoughts about a passion or a pony (excluding singing in a collective group). Ponies like Rainbow Dash seem to spring to mind here, where as far as I can recall, "May the best pet win" is the closest she has come to having her moment in the singing spotlight. Yes, I know she sang in songs like "Winter wrap-up" and the reprise of the "failure song", but in terms of songs that have personally reflected her specific feelings towards something, I find that there has been a severe lack.

Of course, I'm not saying this is a bad thing, as many of you might agree that it is out of character for someone like Rainbow Dash to sing out loud, but then again, some of you might think otherwise. 
But what other characters deserve to have more chances to sing? The songs of MLP are a special aspect that cause much glee and debate amongst the fanbase, and many songs may change peoples entire perception and opinions over specific characters. I know for a fact that many people started to warm up to rarity after hearing her sing in "suited for success". 

But what of the rest of them? Is the balance of singing for characters already fine? Are some getting the chance to sing more than others? Do some characters deserve a second chance? Does it matter either way? Well, that's up to you, this is a forum site after all. Please do share your opinions and thoughts, and perhaps wishes for future episodes of season 4 regarding new songs.

Edited by Spinelspike
  • Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash. She is the only Mane Six pony without a solo song. Twilight has numerous songs to herself, Applejack has Raise This Barn, Pinkie Pie has the Smile Song, Rarity has Art of the Dress and Becoming Popular, and Fluttershy has So Many Wonders. Rainbow Dash? She has the Find a Pet song where she sang a duet with Fluttershy, but that's it. She needs to sing a "wicked rock ballad" or something. :P

And Ashleigh Ball is a fantastic singer who does well singing for both Applejack and Rainbow Dash, so I look forward to any songs featuring her. :)

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, Rainbow Dash definitely. Only thing she's got is Find a Pet which is a duet with Fluttershy. Fluttershy needs a song as well, So Many Wonders was sung by her as a filly, we need an amazing solo song for mare Fluttershy sometime please.

• Brohoof 2

I wouldn't mind seeing some more Rainbow Dash and Rarity songs since I believe those two have the best singing voices. But, to be honest, I just love Rarity's singing voice. We could always use more Rainbow Dash or Applejack though.

• Brohoof 1

no bias here ... ( actually , theres allot of bias XD ) but i think Rainbowdash needs a solo song, i dont recall her haveing any, and how much does TwilightSparkle have ?!?!? way more than RainbowDash ! lol.

• Brohoof 1

Pretty much all of them besides Twilight who has a lovely voice but has sung ridiculously more than anyone else. I'd like to hear some cute Pinkie jingles again, but most of all I'd like to hear a Rainbow Dash song, since she's never had one by herself before.

• Brohoof 3

Rainbow Dash definitely comes to mind, since she hasn't ever had a song all to herself. However, it's also not really in her character to sing very much as you said. Maybe a rock song? That'd be cool. :P

Also, Fluttershy only had So Many Wonders, and that was sung be her filly self. I'd love to hear more of her voice this season.

• Brohoof 4