Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv This is a disgrace.

I_wesley125

I don't see how it's that bad to warrant such... violent reaction. Whilst it is... rather eye-rollingly stereotypical, it's not really that much more bellow than most of the depictions I see on television. I laughed a little mostly because of how stupid it was and over the top. Maybe gamers did make it... to make fun of the stereotypes? I mean, it just seems so over the top that they're probably just poking fun at themselves and the stereotypes.

Or maybe not, who knows?

At least us girl gamers got a pretty sweet chick with a cool name to represent us. :) Even if apparently they thought her having female genitalia (more stereotypes that are somewhat sadly true in real life) would lower her gaming ability.

So whilst it is stupid, I don't really find it any more stupid or insulting than the things that come out of actual Hollywood. (Since this doesn't really look like a Hollywood movie. The production values seem lower from watching the trailer.)

• Brohoof 2

Clearly this movie is being produced by my PC gamer brethren in an effort to showcase to the world the true nature of console gamers.

I honestly have a hard time wrapping my head around this. Who are they marketing it to? I can't see many gamers being interested in something that is clearly going out of its way to make us all look like a bunch of idiots; likewise I can't see many non gamers being interested in watching a bunch of nerdy gamer guys acting like idiots.

... but then again, this is America, I guess. We've launched crap like Resident Evil, Final Destination, and Saw into massive and successful franchises somehow.

• Brohoof 6

This movie is an absolute disgrace.

I hate it when hollywood uses stereotypes like this, especially when they dumb it down so much.

http-~~-//www.youtube.c...05dFUAAAAAAAAAA

Its a joke chill out jason mewes is a huge gamer and plays one of the lead character. Have you people met many gamers because i spen all kindsa time playing but constantly meet gamers that are completly stupid so just chill out dont judge a book by its cover i mean you all like MLP but ur ok to jump on a movie cus of one trailer??????????

• 1 month later...

The sad reality is that it's not far from the reality I see among the chavs that inundate my school, some of the same sorts that I hang out with and game with. I'd be lying if I didn't say I didn't know at least five guys like that actor in the cap in the beginning scene.

I stopped Devy for this?!

If this was a movie for gamers and made for viewing by gamers, then it looks like I'm selling my Xbox. In times like this, trying to play video games is like trying to do well in school. Some twit is gonna come after you and deter you and any way possible, there's practically no encouragement, and once you make it to the end you'll question yourself massively for choosing it.

Now, I believe I hear my DS calling out for me.

Well... Uhh... What? This movie has me confused on so many levels. Gears of War 3 as an esport? I mean come on! :P Okay seriously though what is this really? Somehow I think I am going to get dragged into seeing it, me and my friends have a gift for choosing the worst movies to watch XD

Another stupid and just downright hurtful, but its even more sad to see the levels that people will go through just to get some money.

I just hope that this movie bombs and that the company makes an actual good film next time... if possible.

I don't see how it's that bad to warrant such... violent reaction. Whilst it is... rather eye-rollingly stereotypical, it's not really that much more bellow than most of the depictions I see on television. I laughed a little mostly because of how stupid it was and over the top. Maybe gamers did make it... to make fun of the stereotypes? I mean, it just seems so over the top that they're probably just poking fun at themselves and the stereotypes.

Or maybe not, who knows?

At least us girl gamers got a pretty sweet chick with a cool name to represent us. :) Even if apparently they thought her having female genitalia (more stereotypes that are somewhat sadly true in real life) would lower her gaming ability.

So whilst it is stupid, I don't really find it any more stupid or insulting than the things that come out of actual Hollywood. (Since this doesn't really look like a Hollywood movie. The production values seem lower from watching the trailer.)

The problem lies in many of the characterizations in the film, They are just a bunch of tropes.

It seems like they want to make a generic comedy with gamers and basically using bad characterization. And frankly that places gamers in a bad daylight. Even if it is for funnies. Not all gamers are like this, but this comes off as a bit rude.

There are a plethora of things so wrong as seen from that trailer, including picking Gears of War as a eSport, I'll come back later with a reason why Gears of War is not an eSport, never should be and never will be.

Being someone who loves Gears just as much as MLP, I find its inclusion in this movie rather insulting. Its like the creators don't care what stereotypes they are helping to create.Guarantee that most of the Brony friends I have met in Gears would also agree that this is not the kind of publicity we want thrown at our franchise.

Oh well, I will still play my Gears fatefully and just pretend this video was just a bad dream. I wont let it ruin the fun times I have had and still plan to have.

Edited by IHazTommyWiseau

Eh, I watched all of it and wish I hadn't. Not really that funny, looks like another hipster trash comedy.

The part with the kid going "DAAYYYUUUUUMM!" was funny though.

The problem lies in many of the characterizations in the film, They are just a bunch of tropes.

It seems like they want to make a generic comedy with gamers and basically using bad characterization. And frankly that places gamers in a bad daylight. Even if it is for funnies. Not all gamers are like this, but this comes off as a bit rude.

There are a plethora of things so wrong as seen from that trailer, including picking Gears of War as a eSport, I'll come back later with a reason why Gears of War is not an eSport, never should be and never will be.

Gonna be honest, I cant tell if your hating on Gears as a whole or just the idea of having it in the competive market. While I will agree that most of the Gears community can be pretty horrid, some of us are decent and play just for fun. I have even found a group of fellow Bronies thanks to the official Gears forums!

http://forums.epicga...php?groupid=599

Gonna be honest, I cant tell if your hating on Gears as a whole or just the idea of having it in the competive market. While I will agree that most of the Gears community can be pretty horrid, some of us are decent and play just for fun. I have even found a group of fellow Bronies thanks to the official Gears forums!

http://forums.epicga...php?groupid=599

While I don't like Gears of War really, as Third Person Shooter with cover mechanics is not my cup of tea. While I won't say it can't be competitive, it's not suited to be an eSport because of how it presents itself to the viewer, tomorrow I will actually make a more in depth post about this. So it doesn't sound like me coming off as being just snooty.

Edited by Tich

While I don't like Gears of War really, as Third Person Shooter with cover mechanics is not my cup of tea. While I won't say it can't be competitive, it's not suited to be an eSport because of how it presents itself to the viewer, tomorrow I will actually make a more in depth post about this. So it doesn't sound like me coming off as being just snooty.

To be fair I am still not sure what an Esport is, because for the most part I avoid anything related to competitive gaming(If that is what it truly is). I will say I have a profound love for Third Person Shooters, so Gears is not the only game I tend to defend if I have concern about how its is being portrayed.

At first it was okay...

Then I just sort of tlost track of what the hay was going on after they started spouting nonsense about Frogger...

Edited by Aureity