Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Elements from the Comic Book you'd like to see in the Show

Jangocoolguy

okay, if i may,

everyone remem ber the really good bat man cartoon from back in the day?  you know the one that spawned harley quinn.  They made a comic based of the cartoon (yes that's kinda odd) as a result of the cartoon.

IN said comic their was an issue where the joker damn near beat harley quiin to death for getting in the way of his obscession of the batman.

now as dark as that cartoon was, 

that was still a bridge to far.

but again it's a comic.

how many parents check their kids comics?  

how often do torch weilding soccer moms crusade against comics?

Come to think of it, that is kinda odd.  I mean with comics being holly woods new darling and all, you think a moral crusade would rissen up on the corrupiting influence on them.

Lets be honest, derpy being, derpy wouldn't break top 10 of the off \stuff in the comics.

• Brohoof 1

how many parents check their kids comics?  

how often do torch weilding soccer moms crusade against comics?

Come to think of it, that is kinda odd.  I mean with comics being holly woods new darling and all, you think a moral crusade would rissen up on the corrupiting influence on them.

Lets be honest, derpy being, derpy wouldn't break top 10 of the off \stuff in the comics.

They already had the crusade against comics over some 70+ years ago, thats been done and said and is no longer priority.

So while there are some that still whine about it, the supposed lack of interest in comic books is what keeps people out of them now (I.E. just the simple lack of comic book stores really)

Now instead they're attacking video games for societal woes, much how it was Movies in the 70's-80's and rap music in the 90's.

Lately though there has been a trend of assaulting childrens shows for not being culturaly sensitive and only catering to the "white child". And yes, MLP has been called a show for "little white girls" and claims of racism abound blah blah blah...

Anything can be bad if you over read into it though :/

.... why?

like do soccer moms have a check list that's passed on through the ages "ah the great comic book crusade, i just found this hentai under my sons bed, but that's ones already checked off, damn."

and barnes and nobles carries comic books and other book stores.

I'm not asking them to do it.

But i mean but if nicks are gonna pick it makes me wonder why they don't.

They already had the crusade against comics over some 70+ years ago, thats been done and said and is no longer priority.

So while there are some that still whine about it, the supposed lack of interest in comic books is what keeps people out of them now (I.E. just the simple lack of comic book stores really)

Now instead they're attacking video games for societal woes, much how it was Movies in the 70's-80's and rap music in the 90's.

Lately though there has been a trend of assaulting childrens shows for not being culturaly sensitive and only catering to the "white child". And yes, MLP has been called a show for "little white girls" and claims of racism abound blah blah blah...

Anything can be bad if you over read into it though :/

.... why?

Some do, but it depends on where the politicians are taking it, and the age group in question.

Much like the current crusade against games is being taken on by those who grew up without such, past generations have done the same.

Older people love attacking things they personally don't understand, and can raise a huff about as a result.

The thing that keeps the old fights out of the public eye anymore is there is no more money in fighting them, they've been marked as "protected" in some way by law.

Movies/Comics/Rap are considered forms of "free speech" and artwork. Thus they are protected as expressive forms of entertainment under the first amendment. Once the supreme council made the official ruling on it, the fight died off as minor things (Ratings) were put in place on each.

ATM Video games aren't considered art, but rather as simple means of entertainment. So the fight rages on since there is a TON of lawyer money to be made, and the politicians can use it to scape goat the latest in problematic crime (despite FBI records show crime has gone DOWN as games have risen as a form of entertainment)

And SOME barnes and nobles do.

Nearest one to me is part of a college campus and has jack besides text books and college pride garbage.

Nearest otherwise was closed, and beyond that its over an hour drive to the next one out.

Book stores are going the way of the dodo now that things are going digital. Much like buying a PC game in a store. Used to be whole stores and walls in others for it. But now its a small shelf, and online.

Edited by GrimCW

I think the editor of the entire comic series said it on the IDW forums

Well I was reading the tv tropes article about the comic and all it said is that Rainbow Dash's Double Rainboom to make a patch of AJ's apples to become akin to zap apples, but she doesn't refer to them as such. It doesn't say that she's the original creator of them, just means that a Double Rainboom can causes apples to turn similar to zap apples.

Edited by Sir Wulfington

• 1 month later...
(edited)

With an upcoming storyline involving Sombra and Starswirl, bumping because stuff from there might be cool to see (and just to revive the topic in general)

I've learned about the story with pirates and sea ponies, and think that would be neat. Though the seaponies would have to be redesigned (again)...

Edited by Jangobadass

• 1 month later...
(edited)

With the main series ending (though I could be wrong), bumping in its honor.

Plus, the show lasting another 5 years (or so we're told), they might just have to go there sooner or later :huh:

I'd like to see the mix & matching of the "Friends Forever" series. CMC + Discord FTW :lol:

And now that's read the Big Mac story full, I it would be interesting/funny if a different VA voiced Mac's thoughts/inner monologues.

Edited by Jangobadass

With an upcoming storyline involving Sombra and Starswirl, bumping because stuff from there might be cool to see (and just to revive the topic in general)

I've learned about the story with pirates and sea ponies, and think that would be neat. Though the seaponies would have to be redesigned (again)...

The first Reflections issue blatantly teased a ship between Celestia and you-know-who.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fisXRmdTR54

Edited by Anti-Villain

I wanted Twilight's mother to be the author of Daring Do, and was disappointed when that didn't happen. It would have been neat, because that would have been a neat reason why Twilight was a huge fan of the series and knew so much of it)

Has anyone else said Nightmare Rarity? Because....omigosh! ^^

I think it would make one hell of a finale, am I right?

Especially in the comic, one of my favorite parts, as Rainbow Dash is flying as fast as she can to save her dear friend Rarity, she does a Sonic Rainboom, tears of hope flowing through her eyes. I LOVE IT.

I'm going to go read it now! Eep! ^^

But really, does anyone else think having Nightmare Rarity in the show would be the best of best things to see? ^^

• 9 months later...

bumping because of the teasers for Season 5.

Off the bat, elements from Friends Forever would be interesting to see the way they mix and match characters would be interesting to see used..

Also, I REALLY hope the episode about the backgrounders has them kicking flank like in Issue 8! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Someone missed the latest Micro series then :P

I flipping love the cover for it!

well.. one of them anyways...

img-2124615-1-988397_694854580559769_459

(I'll bet she can fly too!)

She takes on a new level of adorably out of her mind in this one. Kind of keeping to her show self, plays with her youthful state, and even mocking her time in banishment once or twice.. love it. And Tiberius.. Heh.. wonder if thats another prod at star trek (Kirks middle name) or just one for the history books?... hmmm. Local 1701 from before has me guessing trek.

anywho..

for transition.. Not sure.. The comics have a bit more parody to them that I enjoy very much. The little "in" jokes they make on their own (Macho marks or manly marks?....) as well as at the expense of others (Revenge of the Nerds, Star Trek, transformers, etc....)

And at a much much higher level.

But they don't have a point like the series episodes do. They are just kind of random for the sake of fun, and yet have a story to tell each time.

They just generally do things that the "kids show" can't and probably won't be allowed to play with. Taking on darker themes, more literal attitude, and much more...

I kinda wish the writers would be allowed a little spinoff series in this style.. maybe a web miniseries? 

Just not sure I'd want them entirely mixed. The innocence of the show has its own draw, where the depth of the comics has its.

Mixing them together would almost feel.. sponge bob like... but with a point and a tinge of darkness..

haha great cover :D ive just started reading the comics and they are good so far :)