Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Starting up conversations?

Gone Airbourne

What type are you?  

115 users have voted

1. 1. Are you the type of person who would rather start up a conversation or are you more along the shy quiet type who would not initiate a conversation?

• Yes I can start up a conversation no problem and it is easy for me.
    • No I rather would not I tend to hesitate when it comes to sparking a conversation

I almost always start the conversation because I have quite a bit of experience with starting conversations. I have an extrovert in me.

I've always had trouble with coming up with what to talk about. It's harder than you think. I usually end up making it feel weird and forced, so I just let the other person start up the conversation.

Doesn't matter to me as long as we have something to talk about.

I'm somewhat of a mixed type. In truth, I would prefer not to talk to people. At all. In fact, human interaction is something i actively hate.

However, when thrown into the situation, i could do so easily. I have the tendency to emulate a social butterfly around people who i prefer not to know the true me. Not only that but i do so quite well.

This usually happens at my workplace or at my college, but it doesn't really matter where. If i feel the need to maintain a certain image, i can achieve this almost effortlessly.

My ability to start up a conversation with someone comes and goes. Sometimes I can talk to people with no issue, sometimes I am very shy and can barely muster up small talk. I always end up saying the wrong things, some cases to look 'cool' and the like.

Pro tip, before you greet someone, always have a topic in mind.

Mostly I'm too shy to start a conversation and I hate it so much, because it's sometimes sad for me when I want to start talking with someone but something keeps me quiet :(

But I'm very talkative when someone start the conversation with me.

I always try to avoid conversations with strangers whenever I can. As Ihave no idea how I appear to other people, I am afraid of being awkward or falling into the cringe category. I love having conversations about things I love, so I try to force myself into it since I can't help myself to keep my mouth shut, terrible results usually ensue.

I find it easy to start conversations, though I don't like participating in them much. I'm shy and quiet with decent social skills despite my social anxiety

I still havent started a conversation on this side yet, despite me being on here for years and having over 1200 posts.

So yes, im shy and i dont start conversations normally.

And probably never will.

Not here nor in real life.

I'm never the one to start up a conversation. The other person always has to do it.

I never really learned how to keep up a conversation either, so they're usually short-lived and awkward.

Though I try and start a conversation I'm not really the best at it. I also become nervous when being in a conversation with someone because sometimes I feel as though I am boring them. However, after I get to talking and knowing the person better I become confident and very talkative. 

I'm really shy and quiet so I'm not good at starting conversations. Absolutely not in real life, that is the most difficult task for me. Sometimes I tend to initiate conversations on the internet though, because that way the person I'm talking to doesn't notice my awkwardness and I have more time to think of what to say.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...

It really just depends on my mood, but for the most part I have no trouble in starting up conversations. There could be a complete moment of silence and then I perk up with some completely random out of the blue question, a bit like Pinkie Pie, I can be a bit oddly random like that. :laugh:

• Brohoof 2

I rather not and have someone to be the one to start up a conversation. Although depending how I feel, I don't like being bother. 

I've always struggled to start conversations. When I do, they usually end up getting really awkward really fast. On the other hand, if I don't start a conversation, no one usually comes to talk to me, so I don't really have a choice if I really want to socialize. It's only recently that I've been able to become more comfortable with online conversations.

• 8 months later...