Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

OK I really wanna know the official pairings in the show

Paper Lanterns

If this is placed in the wrong forums then forgive me in advance T u T! I always wanted to know what CANON pairings there are in mlp? Sadly the only one I know of is Princess Cadince and Shinning armor.

What others are there? I feel like there are so many others but my mind is drawing a complete blank. I am having a derp moment.

I don't want headcanon pairings I just wanna know the ones in the actual show.

But since this is a general discussion thread, what do you prefer? Headcanon or Canon when it comes to couples in mlp? ;_; Please don't fight we all have our own opinions.

Only ones i know of are:

1. Mr and Mrs Cake

2. Twilights Parents

3. Pinkie Pies Parents

I dont think any have been mentioned really, and the "Cherrile and Big Mac" isn't canon until they are say it is. They being the show writers and such

• Brohoof 1

Although it is rather controversial, I would say that FlashLight is the only other shipping that is canon. Well, other pairings would be Rarity's parents, Pinkie's Parents, Twilight's Parents and Mrs and Mr Cake. Other than that, the only other possible shippings I see in the future is Fancypants and Rarity, or the super-controversial, Rarity and Spike.

Edited by BronyLogic
  • Brohoof 1

Lyra and Bon Bon!  :lol:

I'm kidding, honestly, i'm not sure if there are any other canon pairings apart from Candice and Shining.  :blink:

Edit: My mistake, Mr and Mrs Cake. Derp.

Edited by Crimsonn
  • Brohoof 1

This thread appears to be discussing MLP:FiM in some way, shape or form. Thus, it has been sentenced to Show Discussion.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

Although it is rather controversial, I would say that FlashLight is the only other shipping that is canon. 

FlashLight seems more to be heavily implied than canon to me. It only really seemed like a schoolyard crush (and in fact, it was mentioned as such in the movie)

Caramel and whoever this mare is (seen in the perfect stallion song from Hearts and Hooves Day)

post-14840-0-87891000-1387427736_thumb.jpg

All of these couples (also seen in the same song)

post-14840-0-70346900-1387427756_thumb.jpg

And these two in the background of Flight to the Finish. I guess they could be family or friends, but when I see two people alone embracing on a train station platform I always think lovers.

post-14840-0-34745900-1387427773_thumb.jpg

If anyone can identify any of these characters, please do. I'm dying to know.

Edit: oh, and Jet Set and Upper Crust. http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Jet_Set_and_Upper_Crust

Edited by Princess Lona
  • Brohoof 1

Well, there isn't really a bunch of fully cannon pairings.

Its basically just Shinning armor cadence.

Then theres Mrs and Mr cake. 

Twilights parents.

Pinkies parents.

Rarities parents.

And if you wanna stretch it Big mac and Cheerlie is a sorta boarderline if its cannon or not. Hasn't been touched on in a while, so its kinda doubtful.

Twilight and Flash sentry isn't really cannon as it only lasted in EqG's and EqG's apparently doesn't affect the cannon.

Though their relationship is not exactly clarified in the show, fans have speculated that Fancypants and Fleur Dis Lee are a couple, with Fleur being nothing more than a trophy wife.  Seeing as their relationship is solely superficial, Fancypants's interest in Rarity can be explained by Fleur's shallow DISinterest.

Though I imagine if her character was expanded upon she'd be rather sweet, but that's just wishful thinking on my part.

post-21218-0-32473700-1387447257_thumb.png

post-21218-0-19423200-1387447276_thumb.png

Though their relationship is not exactly clarified in the show, fans have speculated that Fancypants and Fleur Dis Lee are a couple, with Fleur being nothing more than a trophy wife.  Seeing as their relationship is solely superficial, Fancypants's interest in Rarity can be explained by Fleur's shallow DISinterest.

Though I imagine if her character was expanded upon she'd be rather sweet, but that's just wishful thinking on my part.

attachicon.gifFleur Dis Lee 1.png

attachicon.gifFleur Dis Lee 2.png

Honestly, Fleur is pretty unappealing. I'd say Rarity is more of a trophy wife being the Mary Sue that she is  :lol: (joking)

I can actual see OctaVinyl being a pairing since they're usually…well…paired together.

Big Mac is seen walking with Cherilee in the background of several episodes since the Hearts & Hooves Day episode, though weither they are more than "just good friends" has never been officially stated. XD

How is Flashlight canon? Twilgiht never said a word to him.

Anyway Mr. and Mrs. Cake

Cadance and Shining Armor

All the couples in Hearts and Hooves day

Those Mules

Cheerliee and Big Mac were canon for one episode

King Sombra and Crystals of course

and of course the OTP Prince Blueblood and Prince Blueblood.

Head canon is better and has less plot holes than canon.

Caramel and whoever this mare is (seen in the perfect stallion song from Hearts and Hooves Day)

All of these couples (also seen in the same song)

And these two in the background of Flight to the Finish. I guess they could be family or friends, but when I see two people alone embracing on a train station platform I always think lovers.

If anyone can identify any of these characters, please do. I'm dying to know.

Edit: oh, and Jet Set and Upper Crust. http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Jet_Set_and_Upper_Crust

The mare with Caramel is Sassaflash (or Emerald Gem).

Second pic from left to right: Parasol and Silver Script, Carrot Top (? kinda looks like her) and Strawberry Cream, Lightning Bolt and Ponet.

Third picture is Carrot Top and Written Script (I've seen them together elsewhere as well)

Also I think Aunt and Uncle Orange are a couple.

• Brohoof 1

The mare with Caramel is Sassaflash (or Emerald Gem).

Second pic from left to right: Parasol and Silver Script, Carrot Top (? kinda looks like her) and Strawberry Cream, Lightning Bolt and Ponet.

Third picture is Carrot Top and Written Script (I've seen them together elsewhere as well)

Also I think Aunt and Uncle Orange are a couple.

Wow, thank you so much. I guess Carrot Top is polyamorous. I forgot about the Oranges too. In the MLP Gameloft App Aunt and Uncle Orange live in different houses in different towns. I found this strange and it made me begin to headcannon that they got divorced. But I figure nothing in that game is really cannon. It was probably just a matter of game writers not knowing enough about the show. Edited by Princess Lona

Shining Armor and Princess Cadence are an official pair :P

And then there's Caramel and Sassafras. 

And then there's Mr. and Mrs. Cake. 

There's a lot more that people already mentioned, but yeah. Those are the most notable in my opinion.