Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How do you feel when no one replies to your status updates?

Slice0Pie

Please try not to offend anyone in this topic

How do you feel? I know not every status update needs a reply and stuff, but what if it's constant? What if you ask an important question but no one replies?

As I have said before, and a lot of you may know how I feel about it, I don't know why, but I feel sort of upset when I post a status update, asking how is everyone, or goodmorning, or goodnight, no one replies, and when another person posts the same status update, asking how is everyone, ect, like 20 people reply..

I just don't get it, I know it is probably because you have more friends, or your just 'popular' but still, makes me feel sort of upset, maybe even ignored..

What do you guys think?

• Brohoof 27

I just chalk it up to the fact that this site is huge and there are thousands of status updates every day with some users even making multiple status updates in a single day which can make yours in particular standing out a bit difficult. And though people on your friends list who have their notifications turned on may see them there are some they may feel compelled to comment on and others that they don't. I don't respond to every status update I see, but do respond to ones that catch my interest or if I am just bored.

• Brohoof 16

Depending on the importance of the status update, I either don't care or get at least annoyed if no one responds. I don't usually get upset, just annoyed especially when someone gets 20+ replies on an extremely stupid status update while mine or some other's status update may actually be important but no one bothers replying. 

• Brohoof 5

Well, since I'm new here, I haven't exactly made a status yet, nor have I added any friends. That being said, this certainly isn't my first forum, and when statuses aren't replied to on other forums, it doesn't really bother me as I really don't feel any longing to have people reply to them. Long story short, I don't really care much whether or not my statuses are replied to.

• Brohoof 1

I don't mind too much when I don't get a reply. It is what it is, this site grows every day.

What I dislike, though, is when I get a sarcastic response or some smart mouth comes around. Especially with the more serious ones. 

• Brohoof 6

It's a little disappointing, but I don't let it bother me. I see plenty of interesting statuses that I don't reply to just because I feel like I have nothing to say, so I figure, either that's what happened or my status was just stupid. And that's fine. No big deal.

This stuff is unpredictable anyway. It's not like you can engineer a status to get responses. Sometimes I'll post something that I think is clever and get zilch. Other times I'll post something completely mundane and end up getting a 25+ comment chain. I love those little surprises.

Edited by Blackbird Braille
  • Brohoof 1

Probably reflects that status update I posted was not well thought out or not really that interesting... I suppose it really depends on who posts what and if people generally like that person a lot.

I know with status updates you have to becareful of what it is you post.

Edited by Ticking Timebomb
  • Brohoof 1

I stopped making statuses because no one EVER replies. I guess I kinda felt bad because I felt as if no one cared about what I say. But I don't have time to feel bad for something like that. I have bigger demons to kill.

• Brohoof 3

I really wouldn't  let it get to you, there is probably at least 10 to 20 statues updates every what 10 to 15 mints so you have to take that into consideration. Not every status gets seen. 

Its also more likely that some people may find more interest in one up date over the other. 

• Brohoof 2

I'm used to being ignored, so it really doesn't bother me. The last status update I did was Sunday, where I was wondering if I should answer a question on my homework humorously or sincerely ( answered it with Batman). I get comments/replies ,whatever you want to call it, on most of my status updates from time to time.

Years Later Edit: I have changed since then.

I don't expect people to comment on one of my statuses if it is just silly, but I really do care if I put my heart into what I post, and it gets ignored. A little recognition would be nice since some people suffer from loneliness and depression (like I have been lately) and acknowledging their presence would help them out of that funk.

Edited by JRex95

I get kinda sad too whenever I post a rather interesting status of mine, and hardly ever receive any notifications of comments and whatnot. What sucks too, is that usually around the time, when I'm online and browsing the forums, it's hardly ever active. It seems dead, and the majority of the members on there around that time seem to lack motivation or interest in commenting on people's statuses.

It's always on that certain time of the day for some reason. :huh:

Also, I'm really compelled to believe that your avatar has some kind of effect on whether or not you'll get comments on your statuses, and will also determine the quantity. Favoritism is inherent in us human beings, so sometimes we'll choose to comment on one status over the other, either because we know the person better, or we are just simply attracted to their avatar. :P

It's the sad truth.

It's a good thing I don't post status updates as much as I used to. ^_^

• Brohoof 3

Of course I feel bad when that happens. However, at the same time I don't think I'm all of that important, so I expect no replies.

• Brohoof 1

I do get a little bothered, but luckily when I update it I usually get at least two comments anyway. And, I agree that sometimes it can seem like a bit of a popularity contest when many more people comment on certain updates, but I guess it mainly depends on how many people are on your friend list, because they get notified when you update it. I turned those notifications off though. They annoy me. xD

• Brohoof 2

I turned those notifications off though. They annoy me. xD

Yeah those notifications annoyed the hell out of me. :P  I remembered awhile ago, when I took a break from this site for several months, and upon returning here during this last summer, I had over 500 notifications. :blink:  

• Brohoof 1

I don't feel a thing. Status updates get bumped off the first page pretty quickly because there's so many active users.

I feel that being ignored either through status updates, not getting brohoofs, and not being quoted is becoming a recurring theme around here lately. Yeah I may one of the old geezers here with some popularity behind me, but don't let yourselves get down if you aren't getting any interaction. I've lurked the past 8 months or so and I hardly see members I used to talk to a lot back in the day so I'm kinda regaining my footing around here and seeing some new faces.

Best way to get some interaction is to be proactive and put yourself out there first and you post and quote others and give brohoofs. Don't be a wallflower and wait for action. It's a busy board and people might intend to interact with you but then get sidetracked by a new post or status. Be the change you want to see in the forums  :D

• Brohoof 10

@, don't do that to yourself. 

There are lots of members on here who post status updates all the time! I don't mean to come off as harsh or anything like that, but you shouldn't make such a big deal of it. I post plenty of status updates both here and on Facebook. Yes, it does kind of bug me when I post an intelligent status that could really provoke a thought on Facebook and don't get any likes, but someone else can post "GETTIN DRUNK WITH MAH BI**HEZZZ #YOLO #SWAG" and get 42 likes in ten minutes. Like, it's a big deal to me if something I post gets more than 5 likes. And that does kind of bother me since getting drunk doesn't do anything to help people think about things a little deeper.

I guess getting ignored on the internet is something I'm used to. I mean, I do post some things that get attention. I've left a few comments on YouTube that got 200+ thumbs up (before they did the whole Google+ thing) and I've made a video on Facebook that got 17 likes that was a timelapse that showed 5 hours of the sky in 57 seconds. The most popular post I've made on here got something like 18 brohoofs. But those kinds of things are very, very few and far between.

But really, don't do that to yourself. Your status updates might end up getting buried in the others. In fact, earlier today, I posted a status update, and within 1 minute, it was already gone from the main page (and it really is an awesome picture that I shared too!). 

Oh well. You can't make a big fuss of these things. I know what you're talking about and I get it. But don't let it mess up your day. Life's too short to let little things mess up your day :) Keep your head up!

Edited by ~Sadistic Luna~
  • Brohoof 2

I stopped making statuses because no one EVER replies. I guess I kinda felt bad because I felt as if no one cared about what I say. But I don't have time to feel bad for something like that. I have bigger demons to kill.

That's kinda just how i feel about life in general :D

I gave up on profile-status type stuff ages ago, it wasn't worth the time and disappointment.

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 2

Yes, it does kind of bug me when I post an intelligent status that could really provoke a thought on Facebook and don't get any likes, but someone else can post "GETTIN DRUNK WITH MAH BITCHEZZZ #YOLO #SWAG" and get 42 likes in ten minutes. Like, it's a big deal to me if something I post gets more than 5 likes. And that does kind of bother me since getting drunk doesn't do anything to help people think about things a little deeper.

Much faith has been lost in humanity....

lol jk :P or am I?

But seriously, the way most people respond or are attracted to certain things online is ridiculous these days. I don't even understand how one can get so much attention for posting something so unintelligible and ignorant like that. Makes me question society as a whole. Where has the kind decency we used to hold so fast to gone?

I'm just glad that that kind of stupidity and social close-mindedness doesn't usual happen on here. It does sometimes, but nowhere near to the level that Facebook, Twitter, and many other overly popularized social media sites has gone. -_-

• Brohoof 2