Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How do you feel when no one replies to your status updates?

Slice0Pie

Just now, Splashee said:

I haven't had that problem yet. @Tacodidra keeps helping me since I joined. @Blivy is always around the corner! It is very nice to have friends willing to say at least something.

But again, I don't post too many status updates. I think when you start to pay attention to only yourself, that's when the problem starts. You have to respond to other's statuses as well. And reactions mean a lot!

I always try to help when I can my friend! 

• Brohoof 3

5 hours ago, Splashee said:

I haven't had that problem yet. @Tacodidra keeps helping me since I joined. @Blivy is always around the corner! It is very nice to have friends willing to say at least something.

But again, I don't post too many status updates. I think when you start to pay attention to only yourself, that's when the problem starts. You have to respond to other's statuses as well. And reactions mean a lot!

Awww... :kindness: *hugs*

I haven't posted status updates in a long time myself (it's often quite difficult to think of something to say – and the less often I do it, the more I feel I should have something important to write about). But when I did, I guess I was a bit disappointed if I didn't get any replies. Though it's understandable that people wouldn't always have anything to say about said subject (or even see the status, if they weren't on the forums at the time).

I try to reply to my friends' statuses as often as I can – though I don't do that every single time (sometimes I just can't think of anything to say about the subject covered, and I don't really feel like replying to goodnight posts half a day later). :adorkable: If it's by someone who posts statuses only once in a while, I'm more likely to reply to their every status than if they post several each day (as in the former case, I might not get to talk to them very often).

• Brohoof 4

I don’t make status updates on here. If I did and no one replied it probably wouldn’t bother me.

It does bother me however when I make them on like Facebook and no one responds. I only really have family and close friends on there. It kinda sucks when you’re friends and family don’t respond. Especially when they are tagged in said status update.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Honestly it's kind of disappointing, since I usually go out of my way to respond to others' updates or leave a reaction at the very least. I understand people have things to do and all, but you'd expect something at the very least. Maybe I'm getting worked up about nothing, but it just makes me feel disconnected from everyone.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...

Meh=======================================================================================================================

Some statuses don't need replies, only reactions. So I don't care much if there are no replies. If there were no readers, it just means you don't have any followers. Then you have some work to do.

• Brohoof 1

Meh, depends on the topic. If I’m just rambling because I’m bored, no harm done. But if it’s something I’m REALLY excited about, it can be a bit of a bummer.

But that’s okay, because if it’s something I’m REALLY excited about, I post it in pretty much every community I’m on. SOMEONE always responds in at least one spot.

• Brohoof 1

I feel bad. My self-esteem is based on what people think of me. And my ego is like a blind spot threatening to disappear with a sudden dawn of understanding I am not ready to face. But society promises we can find happiness in an environment we are increasingly distant from ourselves. A platform that offers many ways to disconnect.

• 10 months later...

To be honest I usually post status updates just before I sign out, so I seldom see if anyone replied until I return, which can be a week or more later. By then no one even remembers the update, including me, and it's no big deal.