Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How do you feel when no one replies to your status updates?

Slice0Pie

To be honest, whenever I post status of when I'm upset or depressed.... I really do expect people to comment and give me at least some decent comfort, and when that doesn't happen, I usually end up feeling more like shit...

I agree with Clarity, the warm, loving, and friendly active atmosphere this site had is really fading away.... and it's quite depressing to see what has become of here.

Less activity, more selectivity, a stronger sense of favoritism.... yeah this site can really bum me out sometimes, in regards to it's lack of activity and life.

Edited by Dsanders
  • Brohoof 2

I don't often post stats, and when I do, I just pretty much use it as a trash can where I can dump my stuff (won't expect replies, but will be quite glad when there are a few).

I don't really mind. You have to take into consideration that most people tend to reply to status updates that they receive while they are online. A lot of updates that I get notified of when I am offline tend to go unread so I'm sure this is the case for others who get flooded with dozens of updates on a daily basis. Some people even have those notifications disabled entirely. The best way for your status updates to get noticed is to have a lot of friends because they are more likely to see the updates, as opposed to other members who would have to see the update while it is on the front page. Even then you will be luckier with some updates than others. I am happy if I get only one reply or two. :)

Edited by Sugar Cube

I delete the status

I close all tabs

Shut off my computer

I toss it out my window

I cry for several hours

I get over it and make the same status again

Rinse and Repeat

• Brohoof 3

That's a great question. When no one replies to mine, it really doesn't bother me that much, but then sometimes I see ponies with *8 comments* or *5 comments*. I feel a little left out, but sometimes it's just timing and whether it's worth replying to.

• Brohoof 1

I have to admit it – lately, it's quite lonely being on MLPforums and it just wasn't as inclusive as it used to be. Most of the time, only a couple of old and rather distant friends take notice of what I say, whether it is in a status update, a post, a blog, whatever. And it kind of gives me a dull feeling when I think how friendly this place used to be.

I hear ya on that. That's the downfall of a community becoming too large, that it becomes tougher to keep a tight-knit group intact. A lot of the old guard that grew with me and the forums have left and don't come around much.

• Brohoof 1

There's a lot of factors that ultimately determine how I would feel about the status update.

-Usually, a lot of statuses get pushed down from the "recent statuses" list due to high activity, so I can understand that since my status did not get enough publicity, that it obviously wouldn't get a response, unless people view my profile page and have a chance to do so. If that is the case, then,

-If my post is something random or not really relevant to MLP (talks about YouTube or something else), then I can't expect the audience to know much about the topic anyways. My most common status is a joke (which might not have enough curious viewers), so if enough time passes by, I'll just go "oh well", and post the punchline.

-If it's something serious or an issue I have that I posted, or if I ask someone to message me, I might just feel a bit disappointed and think that nopony out of the many who are online wishes to just chat with a fellow brony. But, I'm usually fine if I don't get a response, overall.

I feel pretty bad when someone gets like 20 replies and I get little to none :/

But I'm sure a lot of people feel that way when their status update doesn't get replied to.

THIS.gif

I usually post weird things that aren't relevant,but when I see.

Yayfluttershys irrelevant status update: 0 replys

Popular Persons irrelevant status update:15 replys

Sigh.....

tumblr_mb093qqEym1rcwwuko1_500.gif

Edited by YayFluttershy

I don't really expect people to, a lot of the time. People reply much more often when I'm posting some cute piece of fanart than when I'm talking about how I feel or something boring like that. There are times when I'm looking for someone to talk to and I'd like a response, but I don't really reply to others' statuses all that often either, so it'd be pretty silly to complain about it.

Sometimes when no one replies to my status updates i kinda feel sad, and then i think what if they don't like me or what if I'm annoying ( i can be sometimes :S) but really thats okay because sometimes there isn't really anything to say to that status and i don't really expect a lot of people to reply. But if some one posts a status update thats pretty similar to mine and gets like 20+ replies then i know I'm not liked around here :P

Edited by Dashie~

• 1 year later...

I don't really mind, to be honest. I don't think I deserve too much attention anyway, and I know that people can be too busy doing other things to reply to my random updates. Plus, some of my updates aren't very easy to reply to, I imagine, so it's understandable to me if no-one replies, and I don't get disappointed.

Sure, I like getting comments on my status updates. But if I don't get any, it doesn't bother me too much because I just use the feature to express a temporary thought.