Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How do you feel when no one replies to your status updates?

Slice0Pie

When it's something I actually want people to read, I kinda feel bad because I think no one cares :( If it's just something random and silly, I don't care too much :P

I RAGEQUIT AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER AND WEEP INTO MY BED

Nah m8
I get 1, if any at all on mine xD
But its quite funny, my notifications being full with status updates and they're all about half a billion status updates with about the same amount of replies xD

I only have like 20 accepted friends on this site, some of which aren't online much (if they ever are), and a number of the rest I barely/ have never talked to. So when I do make a status update, I don't expect it to get any replies. When I do, it's a pleasant surprise.

And, just for the record, I know I don't accept many friend requests, but it's because I don't want my notifications to be drowned out by status updates, not because I don't want friends. I'm already having enough trouble keeping up with the few people I've added's status updates. 

• Brohoof 2

I don't really have a problem with status, but when I message someone I sorta do. Considering it's more of chat than updating. In the past on other forums and such I've messaged someone with no reply. If you don't wanna talk to me just tell me, y'know? I'm a human being and would at least like a message saying you don't feel like talking.

• Brohoof 5

Seeming as I only have one friend who randomly added me after me joining MLPForums, I don't worry. Heck, I don't see the point in status updates.

PM's, however, I really would at least like a response to.

I don't really have a problem with status, but when I message someone I sorta do. Considering it's more of chat than updating. In the past on other forums and such I've messaged someone with no reply. If you don't wanna talk to me just tell me, y'know? I'm a human being and would at least like a message saying you don't feel like talking.

Yup, same here. :)

• Brohoof 1

It doesn't matter to me much. Sometimes people either don't have a reply, didn't see it, didn't read it, or any of those things. That's perfectly fine!

• Brohoof 1

I feel a lot of ways, and each of them deserve their own line in my respone to this question, so I will write them ALL. (Rant powers, ACTIVATE)

1. Oh, look at that, no responses...must be a tuesday, or a wednesday, or a friday, or...etc

2. I realize that not every post is significant, but it hurts to see that no one cares.

3. I must not have made a good enough post.

4. I've spent years cutting myself off from others, how ironic that no one notices me.

5. Now why ain't y'all laughing, that was funny.

6. *internal sobbing intensifies*

7. Who needs friends anyway?

8. Maybe I should just make whiney posts about how lonely I am, so I can hear about how a few people on this planet are willing to help me, neglecting the fact that they live HUNDREDS of miles away and don't know the crap I have been putting myself through for the last 41.1% of my life.

I said they were all different, but I think that maye there might be a common theme if you sorta kind read between the lines or somethink like that. I feel hurt, because I feel ignored, which is not what I came to this site for in the first place. (My solution to being unable to post on my statuses, DON'T BE MY FRIEND.) I'm not in a place emotionally where I can tough out loneliness, at least not after what I've gone through. All I want is appreciation, and not getting it hurts like being slapped.

I wonder if i should use my ranting powers for good, or for evil...

• Brohoof 1

Could not give a damn cause I know my status isn't important. People have better things to do than check it out. I am not so dependent on extrinsic affirmation. I know that the world doesn't revolve me and people don't give a damn about what I'm doing just like I don't give a damn about what they're doing. 

Besides I hardly update my status anyways. 

• Brohoof 3

I don't care if someone replies to me or not. I can be a ghost, I can be someone who people notice, I just don't care. I'm here to share my thoughts, try to convey my opinion and feelings into words and whether it's noticed or not is besides the point. No one will look at my status updates, that far I've already got and it's totally okay, I made them for me, just like I write every post for mainly me. If you try too hard to get noticed, if you try too hard to get your words out there to everyone. All you'll be doing is disappointing yourself no matter how much you get noticed and all you'll be is sad and salty.

Even places like this have cliques, it's completely normal. Whether you'll get into that group and become noticed yourself or not, it's all up to who you are. And well, in the end that's all based on luck unless you're trying to be someone who you're not. In the end if you're just pretending to be somebody you're not to fit in, you'll just feel empty inside no matter how hard you try to push that away. Be yourself, find your own group of people your way and don't worry about getting noticed. In my opinion unconsciously demanding of yourself and others to be noticed feels a little too spoiled.

I could care less whether or not people respond to my status updates, lol.

It is, however, always nice when people do.  :D

Edited by Guest

Not gonna lie, it's kinda frustrating and all sure but I do have to consider that a lot of people don't really look at statuses, and some people post several statuses and spam up my feed (and I sure as hell am NOT going through all that crap, just no). And also, I don't always reply to statuses either for several different reasons, one being that sometimes I have a lot of statuses and just click on my notifications just to check to see if I have any replies, click on mostly my good friend's statuses and not much else or just ignore everything all together. xD So it can be frustrating to get no replies but there's a lot of reasons why people don't reply (and if they have a lot of friends, which is a lot of people on here) then it's pretty easy to ignore them all.