Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general How do you feel when no one replies to your status updates?

Slice0Pie

I don't really have many friends on here because I'm lame, I post them as a status- I don't really intend to get replies so I don't get too upset.

I feel nice when the nice people on my list do say something, though.

It doesn't really phase me if someone replies to my status updates or not. This site is massive with thousands, if not millions, of status updates being posted daily so of course my status update is going to most likely get buried.

I don't really care that much, because i'm used to it.

Though it is cool if i see people replying to mine. It just feels good that even if no one replies, they'll probably see it in the status updates thnigamajig.

• 4 months later...

Back when I didn't really post anything useful in my status updates, it wouldn't have bothered me at all, but now that I'm pretty much just using them to share positivity and motivational quotes and the like, it'd concern me if no-one replied since then I'd have no way of knowing if what I've shared has been seen or is helpful or anything :/ Though I can always just assume that people are seeing them but haven't much to say, which is understandable since quotes aren't always easy to reply to x3

Honestly, I don't really care if my statuses get comments or not. For the most part, I only use the status function for announcements and updates related to any of my active projects, not as a place to put my inner musings.

Status update that simply says "I like oatmeal" gets 100 replies. (I've literally seen this happen here)

Important or interesting status update gets 0 replies.

I don't get it.

Pretty much what I have to say on this I suppose xD

I quit Facebook for this very reason. Twitter is pretty much the same so I've taken a few breaks from it now and again, but I interact and talk to more people on that than I ever did on Facebook. When no one replies though, it makes me feel so alone and invisible, like I'm just talking to myself.

When it comes to status updates on forums like these, I never really use them so it doesn't bother me at all.

Edited by Ghoul