Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does anybody else have trouble taking swallow tablets or pills?

Zygen

87 users have voted

1. 1. Have you had trouble taking swallow medicine?

• No, its never really been an issue for me
    • Yeah, I had trouble getting used to it
    • Yeah, I still don't take Swallow medicine.

Yep, I still have trouble too. Doesn't help the few meds I take are in ginormo-pill format. Like uhhh guys, let me take two smaller ones, that's more fun and less "what I just bought is trying to kill me" fear inducing :P

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

I had trouble with the smallest pills when I was younger. Eventually it occurred to me that the reason it was so hard to swallow them was because I was closing my throat when the pill got to the back. Ever since then, I haven't had a problem! My sister on the other hand... :laugh:

• Brohoof 1

I’ve had to take pills the majority of my life, all different shapes and sizes. The main reason bigger pills can be hard for me to swallow is because some of the meds I take cause difficulty to swallow :0

but mostly I have no problem as of now :squee:

I used to have a hard time trying to take pills like two years ago. It’s really because I tried to avoid swallowing solids but by now I’m very used to swallowing pills. Still trying to avoid swallowing a quarter since what happened back when I was 7 when I almost did.

• Brohoof 1

Always with a drink, by the way. I tried swallowing them without and I end up spitting them up since they taste awful without a drink to distract. Onto pills, not if they're tiny, like my birth control pills that make my period come. But if they're big, like orange and green cold pills I took for a bit, then if I don't swallow them immediately, it takes a few gulps to get them down. And then it feels like they're still in my throat. I think I got a bit of a sore throat from having to swallow those things.

• 2 months later...

I never have trouble swallowing pills...I never have to take them anyway. Except maybe Ibuprofen during the rare times when I might have a fever or pain somewhere. 

I have been taking all sorts of medications for nine years now so I have gotten used to swallowing pills of all shapes and sizes.

I've never had any problems with pills. If it does feel like one is struggling to go down, then I just drink a glass of water with it. Cough syrups and other liquidy things is where I can struggle a bit. They could certainly make those a little more palatable.