1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it.
    • Meh, it was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

https://mlpforums.com/calendar/event/258-%7B%3F%7D/?module=events

Title: Power Ponies
Air Date: December 21st, 2013
Synopsis: When Spike and the ponies are transported into the city of Maretropolis in his favorite comic book, Spike is disappointed when he becomes a boring sidekick instead of one of his favorite heroes. But when the ponies come up against pony super villain, The Mane-iac, Spike becomes the last line of defense to help save the day.

Basically the Mane Six are the Avengers and Spike is Phil Coulson (sans the untimely death by Loki's scepter, I hope).

And Fluttershy... smash!

• Brohoof 19

Oh look, looks like the show's going to address all those topics that go on and on and on and on and on and on about how the ponies abuse Spike, don't care about him, don't appreciate him as much as they should, yadda yadda yadda. They started to do that by having him be a key part of getting Sombra defeated back in the S3 premiere, but that was still slightly overshadowed by the ending thought of, 'Oh Twilight, you're so very wise to have known to let someone else do it instead of you when the situation called for it', since that was, you know, kind of a major plot of the entire premiere.

This should be even more interesting that I thought :3 Awesome super hero episode, while also addressing one of those long-debated fandom arguments even further.

Posting early!!11!

Actually...eh, three and a half hours to go isn't too early. Topic unlocked~

• Brohoof 5

The Ponies are fixing the old Castle! Buck yeah! Twilights moving out of the Library!

So. Freaking. EXCITED!

post-8423-0-62985000-1387628376.gif

Ever since I saw the Animatic storyboard this has been my most anticipated episode by far. I'm pretty sure 90% of that excitement comes from the awesome outfits the Mane 6 and Spike are wearing wear. I'm okay if it's all just a dream, maybe. 

Another awesome episode, what ever Hasbro has been feeding their writers I hope they continue to do so. The episodes have been so good this season. There were so many little things that made me laugh, and then there was Fluttershy... even though I think her rage mode design was a little over the top it was well worth it just for the comedic value. I really got to sympathise with spikes whole feeling unimportant situation this time around. Having spike, who really is just a side kick, play a literal sidekick role gave him a decent opportunity to express how conflicted he is between wanting to be an important character but at the same time being insecure and doubting himself. I am glad he ended up saving the day and discovering a little self worth, because I do like spike a lot and he does play a pretty important role, whether he's written that way or not. Mane-iac was awesome too. Loved how she sat in her hair and watched the Power Ponies struggle with their new powers. Pinkie Pie as Fillysecond was a perfect match too. Uh, there are so many good things about this episode. Should probably wait to watch the episode to say this but best episode so far.

Edited by Bucky_McGillycuddy
  • Brohoof 5

I'm pretty optimistic about this episode since the writers seems to have trouble writing Spike's character in episodes that focus on him. Hopefully they'll show us something about him that will actually stick.

Yeah I like Spike so hopefully this episode will please me and be better than even Flight to the Finish.

Or at least this episode gives us one more reason to like Spike instead of Dislike. Can't really say I've been anticipating this episode with all the info we've been given but that's just me. It just means it'll be easy to impress me.

• Brohoof 1

I have to say I'm not a fan of superhero things, so I really was not wanting to see this episode.  But if it's going to be focused on Spike's personal problems, then maybe it'll be ok.  :)

Generally speaking, I don't care much for Spike episodes. But everyone's saying this is a Spike episode. I'm curious to see how this turns out  because I liked Power Rangers as a kid and this whole episode seems to be so awesome with the whole ponies in costumes thing. I've got my hopes up pretty high for this one. :) Let's hope Spike can finally get a good episode!

I'm a little worried about this episode, but I'm excited to see what it'll mean for Spike. I'm not a huge fan of superhero things so I wasn't looking forward to this one, but since its addressing Spike being the sidekick and everything this should be interesting. Unfortunately I'm not going to get to discuss this episode after its over with you all this time, but at least I'll be able to watch the episode. :)

• Brohoof 1

They're fixing up Celestia's and Luna's old castle?

Looks Like Twilight's going to have a new castle soon.

Edit

------------

Good example of why I see Twilight as Spike's Mom.

2 more minuets Twilight!!!! 

Edited by Tyler Blu Gunderson
  • Brohoof 3