Yellow Diamond

S04:E06 - Power Ponies  

253 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it.
    • Meh, it was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I really enjoyed this episode! There's a few joker references in it, and I laughed whenever the villain laughed. The story was a mixture of Batman, Justice League, and a mix of pony randomness from our beloved Pinkie Pie. The episode was enjoyable, however, it borrowed too much already established comic book cliches. Maybe a little bit more originality would have made it better. But still all in all: a good episode.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Was looking around when I realized this:

As you remember the costume of the Masked Matter-Horn had the symbol of a mountain. (And, most likely, Masked Matter-Horn's cutie mark must be one as well).
http://www.previewsworld.com/catalogimages/STK_IMAGES/STK640001-660000/STK648353.jpg

It turns out that Matterhorn is the german name of one of the tallest mountains in the Swizz Alps http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matterhorn

this was a great episode and one of the more interesting ones. We get to see superhero versions of the ponies and I enjoy episodes where the main characters turn into superheroes. And it has my favorite villain, the Mane-iac. This is one of the first episodes I watched and one of my absolute favorites.

• 1 month later...

It's been exactly 1 year since this episode aired, and this is one of the strangest episodes ever. It honestly seemed like a fan animation due to all the references to superheroes, Maretropolic, and... Flutterhulk...

I honestly don't understand the appeal about Flutterhulk. Was it supposed to be funny? Scary? Gross? All of the above? I'm just utterly baffled as to how Flutterhulk had gotten so popular, almost to memetic status. Why do people like her so much? My sense of humor may be deficient, because the whole Hulk pastiche seemed... disturbing. Like, they gave precious Fluttershy freakishly huge muscles and a feral personality. It felt like something out of Ren & Stimpy or Pony.Mov, not in My Little Pony, let alone the obligatory superhero episode.

• Brohoof 3

• 3 weeks later...

It's been exactly 1 year since this episode aired, and this is one of the strangest episodes ever. It honestly seemed like a fan animation due to all the references to superheroes, Maretropolic, and... Flutterhulk...

I agree.  I just watched it earlier today.  (I have just started watching through season 4.  I waited for the dvds, which took a million years to come out.)  Anyway, this episode was so friggin weird.  I hated it, actually.  It just felt like some ridiculous spin-off, rather than a real FIM episode.  You know what it really felt like?

Treehouse of Horror.

That's it.  Plain and simple.  This was a friggin Treehouse of Horror episode.  It didn't actually happen.  Nuff said.  Case closed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Enjoyable episode, but a bit overly repetitive about Humdrum being useless.  Children got it after the first explanation.  Overall, it was cool.  I'm a big DC comics fan, so I enjoyed a lot of those references (the Joker origin, the Flash, Green Lantern, etc.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm getting a feeling that someone thought MLP should have more singing.  Correct me if I am wrong, but are there more songs in this season compared to seasons 1 through 3?  The best part was when Fluttershy turned into "the Incredible Hulk" because the evil villain had hurt a firefly.  But, then again, Fluttershy is just my favorite pony, so I may just be a little biased on that point of view. 

The super-sized hairspray was funny.  I still remember when my sisters would spray their hair with hair spray, very sticky stuff.  I don't know if any kids would understand. Hairspray isn't something that was used as much as it was when I was a kid in the 80s.  Unless the writers were looking to entertain the older adults in the audience, I think the kids would have been lost on that one. 

• 1 month later...

I really enjoyed this episode. 

I happen to be a superhero fan myself so I enjoyed all the references.

One thing that I've been wondering, If the Maneiac had been a stallion, how awesome would it have been to have Mark Hamill (Joker's voice actor in Batman TAS)voice him?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I really liked the concept of an enchanted comic you entered to live the adventure. Spike really should return to that store! I would love to see the ponies trapped in an anime world. Would Rarity like wearing a sailor fuku? I'm sure she would! 

• 1 year later...

I found it cool, that they gave them Superhero Costumes and a new setting, it was refreshing. Since i believed that the Shadow in Castlemaneia was Trixie, i also thought that the Comic Book was magical because of Trixie and she would just play with them again. But okay, it got explained at the end. It was not really the best Explanation, but okay. In a World in which Magic exists, Spike doesnt believe that Magic Comic Books exist? Okay then. If you say so.