Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Suckiest horror movie you have seen?

Sugar Pea

One movie stands out to me as the crappiest movie I have ever seen and that would have to be War of the Worlds... After watching that movie I laughed so hard at how bad it was. I just did not like that movie at all. 

Another movie I did not like was one of the Final Destination movies... I was actually laughing through it but I can't remember which one it was maybe the first one. There are what like 6 of them right?? Idk I lost count of them.

• Brohoof 5

(Warning: Long, informational paragraph ahead.)

Birdemic: Shock and Terror. It's a romance/horror, and it's actually supposed to be a tribute to Hitchcock's The Birds. Also, it was made on a $10,000 budget, according to Wikipedia, and is on a LOT of people's "so bad it's good" lists. Some scenes of this movie actually show actors laughing at how stupid their movie is.

The entire first half of the movie is spent developing the characters, and the rest is the actual movie. There are also a ridiculous number of dumb solutions to problems; at the beginning of the bird invasion one of the characters has an entire stash of M14s and ammo and decides to use coat hangers as weapons.

Not to mention they've since made a sequel.

• Brohoof 1

Oh I can definitely name a movie...

Piranha 3D and Piranha 3DD...

Those movies were nothing more than just extremely exaggerated gore for the sake of gore, and it had a whole lot of emphasis on sexuality, that's for sure. Then again, the latter is to be expected of typical B-Movies.

So yeah... those are really just failures of the horror genre... so much gore for the sake of gore, and so much sex for the sake of... well, sex. It didn't have much of a real horror-esque or suspenseful feel to it like in most of the classic horror movies I've watched in the past.

• Brohoof 1

I don't even count Sharknado as a horror movie. It has to be a movie first. :P

The worst I've seem is Jason X. It's SO bad, even for a Ft13th movie. I found it more comedic than actually scary.

• Brohoof 3

this one still just makes me mad to this very day, and I saw it over 10 years ago! a movie called Cabin fever. oh gods how horrid, just no point to this movie at all! worst yet it was a date movie. my date at the time was just as disgusted as I was with it. full waste of money! 

I actually loved Cabin Fever. I thought it was unique. The sequel on the other hand was one of the worst movies of all time.

The worst I've seem is Jason X. It's SO bad, even for a Ft13th movie. I found it more comedic than actually scary.

Jason X...What a travesty. Jason in space? No thanks. The acting was terrible and it just made no sense.

I'd have to go with "The Happening"

Basic Plot: The plants around the world get tired of human pollution so they evolve. The plants can now release a chemical which causes humans to go suicidal. And you follow a group of people as they try to avoid this. The end? It just stops. That's it. just... nothing. and then after the credits it cuts over to Europe, (the movie was filmed in the US) where it shows pretty much the exact same thing as the beginning... Honestly, my time could have been better spent doing, oh I don't know... Picking my nose. Anything really. Just a stupid movie.

• Brohoof 1

I was really disappointed in the recent Evil Dead remake. This is coming from someone who loved Evil Dead 2. That was a movie that was funny and scary, with some really over the top scenes I've never seen before. This was a movie that was way too serious, not that scary, had huge plot holes, and had a really stupid climax.

I actually loved Cabin Fever. I thought it was unique. The sequel on the other hand was one of the worst movies of all time.

Jason X...What a travesty. Jason in space? No thanks. The acting was terrible and it just made no sense.

Just so everyone knows if you go behind the scenes Jason X was supposed to be more comedy than horror. They expected the franchise to be dead and were spoofing themselves and the horror genre in general. The reason it was ins space was because the old joke from the 80s and 90s was; "Didn't know what to do with your franchise? Send it to space!"

That is also why they had so many direct and blatant homages to things such as Aliens, and the Matrix. They were parodying themselves as a fun last hurrah for fans. You didn't think they were serious when they had the two female characters representing "typical 80's" teenagers say the lines they did, did you? Again they were making fun of themselves for entertainments sake.

Edited by Macklin

• 7 months later...
(edited)

I watched this movie on Chiller which right of the bat tells you it sucks. It was called Cheerleader Camp Massacre. This looked like someone filmed this with a phone. There is one scene where everyone is telling stories. And 1 pervet who tells a story about lesbians in a hot tub spraying each other with chocolate syrup. The killer you never see. There is no blood on the victims which doesn't make sense since everyone gets stabbed with a kitchen knife 6 times. The movie just sucked big time. I think it might have just been a joke cuz there's no way anyone would have thought this was going to be scary. Also there's this other movie called your not goin believe it. Jersey Shore Sahark Attack. And yes it is based on the Jersey Shore. It was just terrible and full of bad acting. I feel violated for watching these 2 train wrecks.

Edited by Lighting Bell
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

The Devil's Due was complete crap! What a rip off! Most horror movies now are documentary films meant to be 'scary'. ITS NOT SCARY! Bring back the 'alien experiment gone wrong' or something like the old days! Geez Hollywood is running out of ideas -_-

Edited by XxConfusedUnicornxX

I don't watch horror movies often, if at all. The closest I'd say are the Resident Evil movies, though they aren't exactly horror movies, which is probably why they are so terrible.

The Final Destination movies are pretty arse though

• 1 year later...

You're Next

Downright disturbing, over-the-top gore and violence. People couldn't last for the first 10 minutes of the movie. Once when I went to check to see if someone was in there, as an usher working at a movie theater, I had to run out of there as fast as I could because...well...it's too much...for these forums.

So a movie is bad just because it has a lot of gore and violence? I had heard that it was very violent before watching it but I was disappointed cause those scenes weren't really that bad as people said they were.. Well at least not to me. Then again, it might just be cause I watch gory films all the time :P

Either way the movie was pretty bad, but that's because of the awful actors.

Rosemary's Baby (ugh, I won't even go into that one again)

wat? Rosemary's Baby is a nearly perfect horror film. What's so bad about it?

Then you can't have seen Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday. It's even worse. Read below.

I was really disappointed in the recent Evil Dead remake. This is coming from someone who loved Evil Dead 2. That was a movie that was funny and scary, with some really over the top scenes I've never seen before. This was a movie that was way too serious, not that scary, had huge plot holes, and had a really stupid climax.

Huge plot holes? I haven't really analyzed it in depth but I didn't really notice any plot holes that were so bad they ruined the entire film. The original film has plot holes as well and the remake was actually really well made if you ask me. I do prefer the original because of its comedic style but I'm happy that they tried to make it more serious and didn't do the same thing all over again.

Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday.

Man.. I'm such a ft13th fanboy but this film is just a shame for the entire series.

It is so stupid. The actors have no idea what the fuck they're doing, the story is super weird, there are no likeable characters in the entire film so you don't give a shit when someone dies since they're all acting like douches and bitches, the characters in this film are SO STUPID.. I mean yeah people in horror films are usually very stupid but in this film it is just ridiculous. The film has so many dumb scenes in it as well. Really, Jason falls down in a pit with creatures that look like those screaming plants from Harry Potter (Well actually the other way around but it's still stupid).

151305_1228774154324_full.jpg

jason-goes-to-hell-620x248.jpg

Not to mention the weird monster face that appears from nowhere without explanation and a weirdass worm that suddenly has a key-role in this film but has never even been mentioned, seen or even hinted in any of the previous films.

..and that's not even all! Everyone knows a horror film needs creepy music. This film has a few good soundtracks but many of them are so unfitting and they're played at the worst possible moments! Some of the songs doesn't even sound like they are made for the film, many of the killing scenes are ruined too cause the music sounds like something you'd hear during a boss fight in the Metroid games.

Ye ye I have seen Birdemic. I know. But really, it's such a low-budget film, it can't be compared to films that are expected to meet a certain standard in quality.

Scary Movie was funny, but where's the whole "scary" plot?

Scary movie isn't even a horror film........... It's not supposed to be scary, it's just making fun of different horror films.

The Devil's House

I'm not even sure if it was intended to be a serious movie or not, it was bad enough that I want to think that it was made not to be serious, you know it's just taking the piss or something like that. The entire movie basically is just a girl walking around a house, a very nice house mind you, but she basically wanders the house just to pad out the length of the movie. I'm pretty sure she just mindlessly walked around the house for over an hour, with nothing even remotely creepy or scary happening. Then, it about the last 30 minutes or so, we get to see something vaguely creepy, then in the last 20 minutes we get to watch a really dumb chase scene. I honestly do feel as if this movie was made ironically, but I can't find anything on the Internet to suggest that it is. The biggest waste of time with this movie is that its just boring. It's not boring in a way that the movie is creating an atmosphere, it's just boring. Nothing happens in it, like it was meant to be a very lovely house tour and not a horror movie. Not recommended. 

Honorabe mentions: The Den, The Human Centipede, Sorority Row, and probably a few else I'm forgetting. 

Alien Vs Predator 2.

It was just...boring. The interesting ancient places from the first part are gone, the entire movie as far as i remember just played in a normal town, it was just complete uninteresting for me.

And the Friday the 13th and Nightmare on elm street remakes.

I never watched any of the older films in both series ( except for freddy vs jason which i found great ) but this two remakes were just boring.

I dont even remember what happened in them so uninteresting were they  :lol:

Here's a recent one As Above, So Below. It's entertaining, but oh my god, the movie makes zero sense. These characters are being punished for their evil deeds, but it NEVER explains what it is they did. It's so random and all over the place it's laughable. 

Scary movie isn't even a horror film........... It's not supposed to be scary, it's just making fun of different horror films.

Um... I KNEW THAT... IT'S NOT HORROR... dies down... I... knew... that...