Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Suckiest horror movie you have seen?

Sugar Pea

• 2 weeks later...

I don't watch horror movies, but the only one I've ever seen was incredibly mediocre. Behold Jessabelle, a movie my friend made me watch with her and some other friends on her birthday.

It was just... weird. It wasn't scary and we were just bored throughout. Oh and, in the scene that I assume was supposed to be the scariest, all of us literally burst out laughing; it was so poorly executed. I feel like maybe it could have worked as some kind of mystery/thriller novel, but as a horror movie? Nah.

Human Centipede... Does anything else need to be fucking said?

^ this x1000000 

THIS WAS THE MOST GROSSEST THING HORROR MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY WHOLE FREAKIN LIFE!!! 

I heard the saw movies were really gory though but seriously HC just takes sick to the next lvl

"UnFriended"

It was 90% done on Skype and very cheeply made and it felt like it had no storyline or plot

Even my mom said it made no sense and was horribly made (She's a bigger horror fan than me)

Edited by MLG4Ever
  • Brohoof 1

If the objective is to scare, than practically all failed for me. >:) Just kidding, when I watched my first, I got a nightmare, but I recovered quite nicely (coming from the recovering psychopath :D). But in all honesty, I think it'd be the Curse of Chucky. It's pretty boring getting into it... I get even more critical because it's a recent movie, not even a sequel, which means they should've learned from past mistakes. Besides, it was just gore mainly, and if that's supposed to be scary, than I'm pretty messed up, but I also recognize the special effects in it.

But really, I've might've seen worse, but I don't remember names of crappy movies that well anyway... But let me.discourage you from watching Chucky, if you wish to, than...

https://youtu.be/ZA1mqGw1QLo

I'm not sure if I remember the name correctly, but I think the stupidest one I've seen is Ernest Scared Stupid. ... On the other hand, I'm not sure it counts as horror movie.

On the pure horror side... I don't know.

Road Train (2010) I was expecting the film to be about a possessed semi truck driving around killing people non-stop, NOPE! It barely had any of that. I wasn't expecting it to be a good film or anything like that, but rather a simple B movie that can be fun to watch. Even the trailer of the movie is a bit misleading.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31shQjumlJc

The movie Devil was a huge disappointment, looking back. The idea of a serial killer on an elevator is a great idea, but they really shoehorned the idea of one of them being the devil in there. I don't have a problem with movies being inspired by religion, but the amount of twists in this was really unnecessary. Oh well, what else should you expect from an M Night Shymalan movie?

Edited by yufery

One of the worst I have seen: The Evil Dead Remake. Everything about that movie felt like one huge cliche. The character were complete idiots and all it felt like was a gore fest with no other content. Maybe that was the whole point but I just felt sick while watching it, which is something, but I never felt scared, not even once. Considering some reviewers were saying it is the 'scariest film ever', that is appalling .

• Brohoof 1

I'm on board with the evil dead remake. I thought it was gory and violent, but not scary. I dunno I guess it depends on what you find scary. If you think slicing your own tongue with a razor blade is scary, then that one is not the worst.

What was the one with Paris Hilton in a wax museum? That one was definitely terrible.

• 2 weeks later...

The Babadook.

Ugh, The Babadook is an awesome film imo. You should check out this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz6KOsePEHs

One of the worst I have seen: The Evil Dead Remake. Everything about that movie felt like one huge cliche. The character were complete idiots and all it felt like was a gore fest with no other content. Maybe that was the whole point but I just felt sick while watching it, which is something, but I never felt scared, not even once. Considering some reviewers were saying it is the 'scariest film ever', that is appalling .

I'm on board with the evil dead remake. I thought it was gory and violent, but not scary. I dunno I guess it depends on what you find scary. If you think slicing your own tongue with a razor blade is scary, then that one is not the worst.

Well being a gorefest is the point of the film, it's meant to make you shiver from the nasty scenes. Personally, I love gory films and I really liked how they didn't do a full out copy of the original film (though I prefer the original). By removing those comedic elements they made it more dark which kind of removes the splatter label from this version. Each genre has its purpose and Evil Dead is certainly not the kind of film you'd want to watch if you want to get scared. You should know this if you are familiar with Sam Raimi films. It's the same with the original so I don't really see why you're only talking about the remake.

The reason why it said "The most terrifying film you will ever experience." on the cover is because reviewers are stupid and the distributors gets to decide what's said about the film. It's there simply to make more people go watch the film, they want $$$.

I agree with the characters being stupid but this can be said about most horror films out there so it doesn't really hold up as an argument since they're not below average horror film IQ. Trust me, there are waaay dumber characters in other horror flicks. Also, stupid people exist, it shouldn't really come as a surprise that a bunch of teenagers who go out to a cottage in the middle of nowhere to get drunk or whatever are stupid (I'm also looking at you Friday the 13th remake characters). Dumb people are required to make these kind of stories work and it's not like they're unrealistically stupid. The brothers in "An American Werewolf in London" are pretty damn stupid as well but that movie is considered a masterpiece. I'm fine with stupid characters as long as: 1. They have the kind of personality for it to be believable. 2. They're not so stupid that you facepalm throughout the entire film.