Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fallout Equestria (game) Building a team, Artists and Composers needed!

Binary Blast

Hi all! I am trying to create a videogame based on the poular fanfiction Fallout Equestria, but the problem is, while I have programming down, I can't draw, at all, nor can I wright or compose music. So I am trying to make a team of some awesome bronies and pegasisters alike. Here is everything I need

How it will be played:

The game will be played in a top down turn-based style RPG closer to Final Fantasy than the traditional Fallout games, it is being programmed in RPG Maker with Ruby. Programming is about 30% done, but everything else is zero percent. As soon as I get some people on board I will launch a web a site.

What I need:

-Sprite Artist: If you're any good at pixel art and want to help out then we need someone to create the overworld sprites for the game.

-Battler Artist: If you're an good at digital art, that is not pixels, then you are needed to, to create portraits and in battle sprites of the characters

- GUI Artist: Anyone who can help to create the Pip-Buck, this games version of the Pip-Boy, and also the inventory, map and quests screens. GUI artists can also help design the GUI for S.A.T.S (Stable-tech Arcane Targeting System).

-Icon Artists: Anyone to make icons for the Items, Buffs and Debuffs as they are shown in GUI.

-Tileset Artists: Anyone who wants to help make the tilesets for various towns, rooms and areas in the wasteland

-Font Artists, We actually need a few different fonts, If we have any good Calligraphers out there who can design ones that look handwritten, and ones that look like they are from an old DOS machine, you are wanted.

-Music Composer: This one's self explanitory, we need musc preferably 40s-50s style music with some elements of electronica thrown in.

-Mapper: Probably the hardest job (in my opinion) someone (anyone) who can help design post-apoctalyptic Equestria, as in the layout of towns, the wasteland etc. you are desperately needed. (I can help with this).

-Someone who is skilled in Flash/SFM to make cutscenes

-If Anyone wants to make a signiture that would be nice. Thanks :)

Also if you want to help but don't have any of those particular talents, I could always use extra OC's for NPC's of you want to give me permission to use them, as well as a link to there character page that would be nice.

Story:

Equestria is no longer a place of kindness and friendship, these words lost meaning when the bombs started dropping, ponies became selfish and greedy, caring only for them self's, and as time passed this new greed eventually led to war, and worse yet nuclear war, the princess tried to interfere but she was powerless against these weapons that the earth ponies had created, and the deadly spells by the unicorns. After the war surviving ponies were forced to hide away in underground bunkers known as stables, only to leave when it was certain that the world was safe for re population, You leave your home in Stable 10 and must survive in the now war-torn Equestria, though you can try to change the future, war, war never changes.

Disclaimer:

Do to the fact that My Little Pony is Copywright by as Hasbro, Fallout is owned by Zenimax and the story we're basing it off of isn't even ours I can't pay you (I really don't want to get sued by Hasbro, Zenimax, or the original author of the story so this game is gunna be completely free. Meaning I cannot pay you sadly, I would if I could I promise you that. But one thing I can assure you of, is that you will be credited for every contribution you make tho the project, and you will be credited as whatever name you wan't, whether it be your username, your real name or anything else.

Please, help me MLP community, you're my only hope.

Encoureging words are also nice!

Edited by frank_da_tank99
  • Brohoof 1

Consider this a word of encouragement. FOE is tough to adapt, and I love it when folks throw their black desperado hats into the ring. Though, if your programming knowledge isn't limited to RPG Maker, I think it would be a better idea for you to simply join another team. There's one team making an FOE game in Unity, and another making it in C++.

If you're knowledgeable in either of these tools, maybe you could lend them a helping hoof?

Just once, I'd like to see an FOE game team try making it a mod for Fallout 2.

Edited by Mandalore Dash

Consider this a word of encouragement. FOE is tough to adapt, and I love it when folks throw their black desperado hats into the ring. Though, if your programming knowledge isn't limited to RPG Maker, I think it would be a better idea for you to simply join another team. There's one team making an FOE game in Unity, and another making it in C++.

If you're knowledgeable in either of these tools, maybe you could lend them a helping hoof?

Just once, I'd like to see an FOE game team try making it a mod for Fallout 2.

Well darn, I kind of thought I was being original. I just thought of RPG Maker because it's fun and I like the gameplay style. oh well

Well darn, I kind of thought I was being original. I just thought of RPG Maker because it's fun and I like the gameplay style. oh well

Oh, no no no. Please don't let me discourage you. If RPG Maker's all you know, then by all means, pursue it!

I'm just saying there are other existing teams that could use the help.

Oh, no no no. Please don't let me discourage you. If RPG Maker's all you know, then by all means, pursue it!

I'm just saying there are other existing teams that could use the help.

It's not all I know, I also know Java, it's just that I from the begining, wanted to be a final fantasy style, but I can join a unity team if they need Java programmers I sort of just meant for this to be a fun winter break project rather than a whole big thing, and also I already made like a minimap system and a quest log stuff liket that in Ruby. But I can help in Unity to as a matter of fact I might join a team, as long as I can only do it temporarily.

• 2 weeks later...

i can help i can do anything pixel art, or mapping just i need to now what the setting is and the type of wasteland (is it nuckuler, undead os something else. i havent played Fallout so...) but id love to help!

i can help i can do anything pixel art, or mapping just i need to now what the setting is and the type of wasteland (is it nuckuler, undead os something else. i havent played Fallout so...) but id love to help!

I might be able to create Icons for the items

I'm sorry, I was informed that this has already been done, so I am instead working on a different fan game, If you want to make Pixel art icons for that one PM me, but I wont be starting that until my next month

i cant wait to see this game once a beta version is reliesed i love the idea of makeing a game sorry i cant contribute any help im no artist im just a programer i am actualy in the middile of programing another game (with game maker studio) but thats not important... lol but anyway i cant wait to try your game  it is a great idea /) B)

like I said, I wasn't aware someone else was already doing this, all though if enough people want I could continue working on it anyway?

i cant wait to see this game once a beta version is reliesed i love the idea of makeing a game sorry i cant contribute any help im no artist im just a programer i am actualy in the middile of programing another game (with game maker studio) but thats not important... lol but anyway i cant wait to try your game  it is a great idea /) B)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay I am officially working on this again! Anyone interested in helping I could use you.

I'm working on the game again :) so your help is wanted, basically the game is heavily based off the world created in Kkat in Fallout Equestria. So nuclear, basically the story of the game is a big war erupts and bombs start falling, the ponies who lived in equestira are forced into under ground bunkers called stables, now hundreds of years after the war you leave your home in stable 10 and must brave the new and war-torn Equestria.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, do you still need help with anything. I'm good at level designs and pixel art, I could also come up with some creative enemies.

Yes we need help with anything you can help with, I'll PM you with what I need you to do.

Yes we need help with anything you can help with, I'll PM you with what I need you to do.

Okay, I forgot to tell you that I'm also good with video editing. I use Sony Vegas Pro just so it's out there.