Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do you think that they didn't color the ponies flesh-colored?

FlutterFerret

Personally, I think that they didn't want to have to deal with the "OMG ____ IS BLACK!" and "OMG ____ IS ASIAN HOW RACIST!!!"

Why do you think they didn't color them flesh-colored?

Edited by Clover and Benchwork
  • Brohoof 7

Eh, I don't think they were thinking that deeply about it (the race thing). 

Probably just to keep every pony their same color and to make the animation colorful and appealing to the eye. If every pony were the same shade of color it would look dull and bland. All the different colors make the movie stand out. 

Edited by Doctor XFizzle
  • Brohoof 4

People just love complaining, it's just funny. There would be no reason to do that because, having same color for each pony individually would pass off as something bland and not creative. Having their flesh colored like the races we have on Earth, would be pointless.

Because flesh coloured isn't colourful? I mean what's My Little Pony without coloured ponies? It's just normal ponies o-o

I don't think anyone's boring enough to have that.

It's boring and dull, and since we've got enough of that in our lives, watching a show that has characters that aren't unique or attractive due to their similarities in color just isn't cool.

• Brohoof 1

People just love complaining, it's just funny. There would be no reason to do that because, having same color for each pony individually would pass off as something bland and not creative. Having their flesh colored like the races we have on Earth, would be pointless.

Eh, I don't think they were thinking that deeply about it (the race thing). 

Probably just to keep every pony their same color and to make the animation colorful and appealing to the eye. If every pony were the same shade of color it would look dull and bland. All the different colors make the movie stand out. 

Because flesh coloured isn't colourful? I mean what's My Little Pony without coloured ponies? It's just normal ponies o-o

I don't think anyone's boring enough to have that.

I haven't thought about this, dear student... people do love to gripe, though. I think that they would've complained about it.

1: He didn't say that they all had to be the same color, they could be different races.

2: They're supposed to be humans. They could've at least changed it a bit so it didn't look so weird, for example: Pale Rarity.

Edited by Static Electricity

1: He didn't say that they all had to be the same color, they could be different races.

2: They're supposed to be humans. They could've at least changed it a bit so it didn't look so weird, for example: Pale Rarity.

I know that but, I think it already looks weird. We don't really need that.

Personally, I think that they didn't want to have to deal with the "OMG ____ IS BLACK!" and "OMG ____ IS ASIAN HOW RACIST!!!"

Why do you think they didn't color them flesh-colored?

For the reasons described above. People these days flip out about everything.

I personally agree with the above two statements immensely. 

People nowadays complain over every little crap they can find. I mean look at all the hell they put out over Derpy?! That is a perfect example how much people love to nitpick. Just imagine if they had went with a different way of coloring the girls in the movie. Someone would have made a fuss and another dilemma over nothing would occur.

They took the smart route and tried their best to avoid all that bullcrap. 

• Brohoof 1

Huh? We don't really need what?

I'm saying I was fine with what they had in the movie however, people will complain and nitpick about anything no matter what change there is. We don't really need the color of the ponies to be different races.

I'm saying I was fine with what they had in the movie however, people will complain and nitpick about anything no matter what change there is. We don't really need the color of the ponies to be different races.

Yeah, and they don't need to multicolored like in the show. It made the film feel weird (pale Rarity).

Also, what did you think of EG?

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, and they don't need to multicolored like in the show. It made the film feel weird (pale Rarity).

Also, what did you think of EG?

I agree with you on that. Multicolored ponies should only be in the show, never in movies if they are anthropomorphic. It just makes it look weird. I think Equestria Girls had a problem with pacing, cliche things from high school, and an awkward love interest between Twilight and Flash Sentry.

• Brohoof 1

It's a film for 8 YEAR OLD GIRLS, it was obviously done so that it would keep them entertained and so they could recognise the characters better. I love the show and the fandom, but it really is annoying when bronies think every little detail must have some weird adult meaning or that everything needs to be explained in detail-like more adult cartoons or something. We are not the main focus of the show. Mostly everything that happens within the show is to make it look fun and more appealing to little girls.

Stop over thinking it and just enjoy it for what it is.

I do apologise for the rant, but I really do think it's just another thing that appeals to the target audience.

• Brohoof 1

I agree with you on that. Multicolored ponies should only be in the show, never in movies if they are anthropomorphic. It just makes it look weird.

Exactly my point.

I think Equestria Girls had a problem with pacing, cliche things from high school, and an awkward love interest between Twilight and Flash Sentry.

How much would you give it on a scale of 1/10?

• Brohoof 1

Probably to keep in style on the show. Also it would be odd if the ponies on the show were the same colour, so why should the humans be the same colour. Creativity it makes wonders.

It also makes it freaky as hell (coughdeathlypaleRaritcough). Also, these are humans not ponies. There's this thing called the uncanny valley...

• Brohoof 1

I don’t think it has anything to do with race or ethnicity or any of that stuff myself:

My Little Pony toys from when they were first introduced in the 1980s always came in bright fun colours and a symbol on it’s flank, now known as a cutie mark in G4.

I don’t think they were supposed to be real representation of ponies in the real world. But fun, quirky imaginative ones with each ones being designed pretty much the same (as it is with G4) but differences such as colour to be able to tell one from the other. And anyway, ponies don't have ethnicity the same as us humans because they ain't humans :)

Why are the ponies so colorful? 

Dunno, they never specified it was a human world, no one ever pointed that out in the movie, and they weren't referred as people either. 

I don’t think it has anything to do with race or ethnicity or any of that stuff myself:

My Little Pony toys from when they were first introduced in the 1980s always came in bright fun colours and a symbol on it’s flank, now known as a cutie mark in G4.

I don’t think they were supposed to be real representation of ponies in the real world. But fun, quirky imaginative ones with each ones being designed pretty much the same (as it is with G4) but differences such as colour to be able to tell one from the other. And anyway, ponies don't have ethnicity the same as us humans because they ain't humans :)

The oP was talking about EQG, not MLP in general.

Why are the ponies so colorful? 

Dunno, they never specified it was a human world, no one ever pointed that out in the movie, and they weren't referred as people either. 

Then what the hell are they? I'm pretty sure the intention was for them to be humans.