Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Justine Sacco's incredibly racist tweet.

Sunlight

Some of you may have heard of Justine Sacco, PR exec, tweeting something beyond racist recently.

" Going to Africa. Hope I don't get AIDS. Just kidding. I'm white!"

It has been reported that she was fired from her job after that. What do you think about it? Was firing too harsh, or did she get what she deserved?

I personally think it's sick. How could someone in her position say something like that. Let alone, how could anyone say something like that. It's ridiculous. I believe what she did was insensitive and stupid, and she deserved to be sacked.

• Brohoof 4

This is why I hate this world, people like these prove just how lame and stupid we can be.

But this is cruel, mean, and just overall rude, I mean, Africa is one of the poorest countries in the world, and you yet make fun of them?!

Glad she got fired, and I only expect much worse for her to come...

That racist tweet was uncalled for. I don't care who you are, you do not have the right to say anything mean and racist towards any race including your own. Being insensitive and rude, is not something to be rewarded over or be proud of. Africa is one of the poorest continents out there, wrong choice of words Justine.

Edited by Scootalove

Personally, i think it's hilarious how someone in her position could be just plain dumb enough to do something like this.

She did get what was coming to her, and she indeed did deserve every last bit of it.

That racist tweet was uncalled for. I don't care who you are, you do not have the right to say anything mean and racist towards any race including your own. Being insensitive and rude, is not something to be rewarded over or be proud of. Africa is one of the poorest countries out there, wrong choice of words Justine.

>Africa

>country

#GetYoFactsStraight

I think this is just a really badly executed joke.

AIDS is a disease that is most common in Africa, though.

NFSW: Click on spoiler to continue

The "I'm white" thing might be hinting at interracial sex, and that she's too classy to do it, although I admit I've been looking into this way too much

This is why I hate this world, people like these prove just how lame and stupid we can be.

But this is cruel, mean, and just overall rude, I mean, Africa is one of the poorest countries in the world, and you yet make fun of them?!

Glad she got fired, and I only expect much worse for her to come...

You too DX? :( AFRICA ISN'T A COUNTRY. Shame on you guys for not knowing common knowledge, and it can't be a typo since continent is 5 letters different than country.

Edited by Chetnik
  • Brohoof 1

>Africa

>country

#GetYoFactsStraight

I think this is just a really badly executed joke.

AIDS is a disease that is most common in Africa, though.

NFSW: Click on spoiler to continue

The "I'm white" thing might be hinting at interracial sex, and that she's too classy to do it, although I admit I've been looking into this way too much

Okay not country, continent. I know it is most common but, still the tweet wasn't needed.

I am not saying what she said wan't messed up but I wish people would get this outraged over racist things that go beyond just one idiot shouting their mouth off like the incredibly racist way drug laws are enforced for example or how Muslims are often scapegoated as all being a bunch of throat cutting "terrorists" because of a few nutjobs.