Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Sweet As Caramel: The Tour (RP)

Aerodynas

Sweet As Caramel: The Tour (RP)

OOC Thread

ROSTER:

Band:                                                                                                                       Fans:
1. Sunny Caramel (vocalist)                                                                                                                           1. Crystal - Repsol Rave
2. Rut Light - Midnight Inferno (tour train driver)                                                                                             2. Swinging - Blazing Hoof
3. Shamrock Gloomfury (harmonica musician & sec guard)
4. Pink Mist - Pink Mist (vocalist)
5. Guardian Angel - Rokkurin (bass guitarist)
6. Repsol - Repsol Rave (drummer)
7. Frost Typhoon - Frosty V (video jockey)
8. Night Strike - Wayzer (lead guitarist)

(OOC: I'm going to use vocalized music from a favorite in this first post to give an idea of the performance without writing the lyrics...the others will be much different but we will have instrumentals to establish the setting while we actually RP our performance...)

Episode I: My Song

The lights...the cheer...the strike of song...A dream to many but challenged by few. It has been braved by many, though most of which obtain failure...but those who survived the mountain, inscribed their mark into legend and history. Their legacy guided the eras, establishing a hope for those who would follow...to design a new world through the echo of their passion: the song. They were the song as was the song them: an expression in the highest degree of what lied within...a key left to the inheritors. "Learn from the past...Create the future." Understand...then begin your ascension...

"Alright Mrs. Caramel, you're on. Best of luck..."
Sunny nodded, breathing in one last nervous breath as a small sweat drop trickled down her forehead. This was it...a chance to finally prove herself. Dearly, she had hoped her posters had been seen in the illustrious city of Canterlot by many who would chance a cause to achieve greatness in her passion. They were in the fountain square, one of the most popular areas in the city. The mare would have to give it her best...She had to prove to them that she was worthy of their interest. 
"Mrs. Caramel? Everything alright?" The well dressed stallion with a headset asked worriedly. Sunny quickly brought her head back up and shook her thoughts from her mind. "Yeah, I'm alright. Let's get this show goin'," she answered determinedly, lifting her great grandmare's guitar with a nod. The stallion smiled and pointed to the auxiliary band behind her as he galloped off the stage. Sunny closed her eyes...silencing the noise around her...'A song of my heart...'

The mare felt the lights of the stage beat down upon her as the curtains moved. She leaned forward on her stool, eyes closed calmly as she struck a chord on her guitar softly. Her voice breathed her song soothingly into the mic, opening her twinkling sapphire eyes to the barely visible herd of ponies in the dark...

Upon the end of Sunny's song, she smiled happily as a small tear fell from her cheek. She gave her all...straight from her heart...Quickly, she exited the stage after a bow that way the next performance could prepare, slinging her guitar across her shoulders and winking to the stallion with the headset as she trotted down the stairs behind the stage.

• Brohoof 1

@

Frost turned the corner, a large smile on his face. Hid headset was bouncing around on his neck as he trotted towards Sunny. He gave her a slight hug before speaking. "Another good performance Sunny! I hope you can keep it up!" He said with a laugh as he nudged her. "Ahhh I know you can, I just hope all the lighting and the speakers...." he trailed of as he went into another OCD rant as he normally did during shows. He stopped himself and his face showed an awkward smile. "Hehe sorry, but again spot on my friend." He said

Edited by Frosty V

@@Frosty V,

Sunny chuckled at Frost, "Thank ya kindly Frost, I did my best to make it this time. I had to hightail it from my home in Appleloosa here to perform." The mare then winked kindly, "I even put up posters around the city, hopin' some ponies might want to make a band with me.

@,

"Caramel," a voice in the shadow called out to her, the sound deep and menacing, "I have come to a-" The voice begins to cough. A pony steps out of the shadow and is shown to be an Earth pony stallion with golden yellow fur and a white mane and tail.  He coughs a few more times and clears his throat. "Sorry about that," he said with an up-beat attitude, "a bubble got stuck in my throat. I saw the flier and loved your performance. My name is Guardian Angel, or Guardian for short, and I have come to ask to be apart of your band. I play a mean bass rift." Guardian said.

"Repsol, you're up!"

Repsol inspected his drum kit. it wasn't anything too fancy, just all the basics really. A kickdrum, two toms and a floortom, snaredrum, hihat and crash and ride cymbals. And a cowbell between the small and mid tom for good measure. He sat down on the stool and got his trusty ficfirth sticks from the leather carrying bag. The sticks where pretty much balanced perfectly and shaped custom to his hooves. He spun one around as a small grin formed on his face.

He looked in the direction of the staff once. He was getting kinda nervous, it wasn't like it was easy to be impressive if you only have a drumkit to use. The song he decided to play was a Drum and Bass song. It was kinda obvious to him, since it was rather fast on the drums, making for him to be able to really show his skill.

Countdown, ten seconds to the start of the song. Repsol kicked the kickdrum once, relieving the satisfying *thumb* it always created. He closed his eyes as the song began.

i actually played this song on the drums for a small crowd last month :P

Sweat dripped from his forehead as Repsol closed down the song with an improvised rif. He bowed once to the crowd and swiftly made his way from the stage. Everything went better then expected.

A wide smile plastered on his face.

Edited by repsol rave
  • Brohoof 1

@@Rokkurin,@@repsol rave

Sunny had almost jumped out of her fur as Guardian came out of the shadows..."Er, uh...thanks...I didn't really think anypony would have seen 'em...and wanted to join so soon." She was about to say when her ear twitched to the sound of the other perfomance, hearing the drumming crash out the speakers. She smiled as she listened, admiring the ability in it while the sticks hit in fluid cracks and rums. The mare had almost forgotten the ponies who were speaking to her. When she saw Repsol exit the same way she did, she shouted at him in congratulation, "Hey! Nice drummin' out there stallion!"

Edited by ~Evil Aero~

@

Repsol looked in confusion as he heard Sunny's shout. After a few seconds of dumbly trying to find the source he spotted the mare that went before him on the stage. He trotted over to her, his confidence now boosted more then ever as the good performance and the compliment stacked together. "Thanks! You wern't too bad yourself either. Got quite the singing voice." He smiled as he winked at the mare in front of him.

"The name's Repsol Rave, by the way." 

Edited by repsol rave
  • Brohoof 1

@@repsol rave,

Sunny nodded to the two stallions next to her as her excitement in Repsol's performance made her practically forget what she was talking to them about. Then, trotting over to him in a hurry, the mare held out a hoof, "Name's Sunny Caramel. Pleasure to meet ya Repsol!

• Brohoof 1

Rut-Light trotted towards his old (now rusted down and closed) work place, it wasn't the same without it, what was once a hustling train yard with locomotives steaming in and out of the station had now become nothing more than a graveyard for trains.  Fifty-five years of age and retired from the Baltimare Railway after working there since he was in his 20's, it was almost heart breaking to see it closed down.  As he looked at the shut wooden gates he noticed a piece of paper with some writing on it; curious, he walked over and snatched it off of the entrance gate and read to himself: "Band wanted, transportation will be needed.  If interested see Sunny Caramel at the music house."  Rut-Light read one part over again 'Transportation will be needed.'  

His chance had come.  After almost and hour of walking around the city he finally found the place mentioned, the back door of it anyway.  To his surprise it wasn't locked or even guarded, he pushed open the door and was surprised to see others were there as well; he went inside and shut the door behind him as he spoke with a voice that matched his age, "Oh, hello." he pulled out the flier he found on the gate and lay it on the ground, "I heard you need transportation?"

(Wow, almost 1000 words for my first post)

Edited by Midnight-Inferno
  • Brohoof 1

@, Repsol took sunny's hoof and gave it a swift shake as he smiled warmly at the mare. Then he remembered something. Sunny Caramel... Isn't she that mare from all of those posters? He looked at her once before deciding asking probably wouldn't hurt.

"Sunny? Wait arn't you from those posters?"

@@repsol rave,@,@@Frosty V,@@Rokkurin,

"Posters? Oh, ya mean them ones I put all around the town. Yeah, I'm the mare," She said with a smile, turning at the stallion who also made a sudden entrance with a start. "Sheesh, y'all need to stop popin' up on ponies..." Sunny said, readjusting her guitar upon her back, "Transportation?" As was apparent, the mare was easily distracted, especially after her hopscotching between the stallions. She then looked to Frost in confusion, shrugging as she motioned her eyes towards all the ponies. It was a wonder how they all got backstage anyways minus Repsol. 

@, @, @@repsol rave, @@Rokkurin

Frost looked at all the stallions and then he turned his gaze back to Sunny who appeared confused. He leaned in next to her and whispered in her ear. I had no idea you would take off so fast Sunny." He said letting out a slight giggle." As he looked back to the ponies and continued to whisper. "Do you. want me to like....get them to leave....but we do need ponies in your band." He said with a shrug

@@Frosty V,@,

Sunny rose an eyebrow in slight contemplation before whispering back, "I uh, guess you're right on that..." She then smiled to Rut, brushing her honeyed mane back, "Yeah...uh, transportation...right. That'd be very kind of ya...but I'm not even part of a band yet." she reasoned, looking to Frost again for back up. 

@@Frosty V,@, @, @@Rokkurin,

Repsol looked around the group of ponies now around him. He didn't know what happened to have them all come over there, nor did he know how they all got backstage at a closed show, tough he didn't plan on staying there a whole lot longer. He trotted over to Sunny and handed her a piece of paper. "I would love to join that band you're setting up. That there is all you need to get in contact with me. Imma go now, guess i'll see you later." He got his drumsticks and put them back in the leather carrying bag, before turning around and leaving the building through the back door. 

Edited by repsol rave

@~Evil Areo~, @Midnight-Inferno, @repsol rave

Frost waved to Repsol as he left. "I'm sure we will be in touch." He called after him. He then turned back to the middle aged pony, trying to cover for Sunny. "Sir, what she says is true. The fliers only went up tonight." He said looking over to one of the fliers and then back to the stallion. "My name is Frost by the way, if you could provide someway to contact you I can keep in touch until some kind of a band is formed. Is your bus here? May I look at it?" He said eagerly

@, So this was Sunny, first impressions were simple; she was beautiful.  "Umm, oh.  See, I found one of your fliers on the entrance of the old train yard and when I read that you were starting a band I headed over here.  Now, I know the band hasn't even been formed yet but every band needs transportation right?"  he glanced to his left and saw a pencil, he picked it up in his mouth and started writing his address on the flier he found; once done he slid the paper over to Sunny.  "Names Rut-Light, I'm a former train driver so transportation is not foreign to me.  I'd like to join this little band of yours so if you want to ask me questions my address is on that paper, take care."  And with that he walked out side and back home.

@,@@Frosty V, @@Rokkurin, @@repsol rave, @,

Shamrock just got back from her lunch break. She was the security guard for fountain square. Part time of course. She took the job to help pay her way on her trip. When she went back stage she could see a good deal of ponies get back stage while she was away Ad it looked like they were bothering Sunny who was on the list to perform. She gets an annoyed look on her face and storms over to the bunch. "OI!" She shouts as she got in front of Sunny. "How about you bunch back off and give the lass some room. I'm gonna need all of ya to shove off. Cause none of ya'll aren't allowed back here. You get me?"

@@Gloomfury

Frost turned when he heard another voice, this time it was a security guard. How many did he have to talk to before they knew he was allowed here. He pulled out his pass and held it up in front of the guard so she could see. "I have a pass ma'am, Sunny here is a close friend." He said keeping a straight face.

@,@@repsol rave, @@Frosty V, @@Gloomfury,

Sunny accepted the contacts thankfully, seeing that her performance had paid off somewhat. It wasn't an entire band but she was well on her way. They all seemed for the most part, kind and passionate in their work. She winked at Frost happily, "Guess my work's paid off a-" The mare was cut off by Shamrock, who made her back away a little from her strong nature. Quickly, she pleaded with the mare, "It's alright, it's alright. They were just talkin' to me on business ma'am. They'll be outta here soon...Sorry I didn't follow the rules round here...again," she chuckled, patting Frost on the back.

@@Frosty V,

Shammy takes a look at the pass and nods. "Alright, you can stay. But the others have to go. I don't want to lose my job just cause I was on my blasted lunch break. " 

@,

When she heard Sunny say something she turned around. "I'm sorry miss. It's the rules. I'll get fired if I let this many ponies without passes backstage." Shamrock wasn't much for rules. But it was part of the job description.

@@Gloomfury

"Can't ya let it slip just this once?" Sunny pleaded, trying to give puppy eyes, "You can say they're family or somethin'." She knew that rules were rules and didn't want the pony to loose her job, but it would only be a little longer..."You can blame it on me if anythin' happens ma'am," she added.

@,

Shamrock thinks about it for a sec and sighs. "Fine. They can stay. But If they get caught I'm not putting the blame on you when it's my fault. I never put blame on others." Shamrock then walks over to the door and takes her seat in the chair next to the door. But still keeps an eye on the bunch. You can't be too careful.

Guardian slipped out from back stage while the guard was telling everyone to leave. He did not mean to cause any distress. All he wanted to do was to show Caramel what he could do. Slight problem though, how can he try out if he doesn't even have his Bass? He goes to his house which was not that far off and grabs his equipment. He returns to the square and waits for the show to be over before he talks to Caramel again. If he gets it that is.

Rut-Light was already nearing his home; 2142 E. Yard St, to be specific.  This was his humble abode: a place for him to rest, eat, sleep and most of all, run his model trains on the track layout that runs all around his room; which is one-hundred square meters in length.  He took out his key from under the door mat, unlocked the front door and entered; shutting the door once he was inside.

@@Gloomfury,@@Frosty V,

Sunny gave Shamrock a appreciative smile as she looked around for the remaining stallion that had suddenly disappeared. "Thank ya very much ma'am...but...did ya see where the other stallion that was here went?" She then looked to Frost and chuckling a little. "I guess they've all left on us Frost. How much longer do we got on the concert?" she asked happily.