99 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it!
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT!

• 4 weeks later...

There were several mistakes I noticed in this episode. One is that Applejack referred to RD as "he". And in the beginning of the maze part when a birds-eye view is shown, Pinkie and Twilight seem to have no place to go.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love how John de Lancie played essentially the exact same character on MLP as he played on Star Trek.  I mean, Discord absolutely IS Q.  He's not really evil, and you don't hate him.  He's just really bored and messes with stuff for amusement.  And he returns as less of a villain and more of an annoying friend.  When he shows up, it's like, "Aw, sh*t, not this.  Not now.  What do you want?  Go bother somepony else.  If I say I'm your friend will you leave me alone?  Ok, I'm your friend.  Now go away."  Lol.  Totally Q.  Awesome.

• Brohoof 1

Twilight Sparkle: Rainbow Dash won't let us down.

Applejack: Well, looky there. Rainbow Dash is flying away. She's abandonin' us.

Twilight Sparkle: Now I know that's a lie. [gasp] How can it be?

Pinkie Pie: That just makes me so mad. Rainbow Dash turned her back on us the way reality turned its back on

. Edited by Singe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I do agree with people saying that these episodes would have been better for a season finale (and they did kind of have more of that kind of a feel to them), but they were still really good, I loved them both, really fun to watch.

The biggest thing that I wasn't crazy about was the fact that Applejack was moving TOWARDS the moving apples, I mean, she was suspicious, so it would've made much more sense for her to have walked (or ran) away from them, but she was moving towards them, all the while I'm thinking "Applejack WHAT are you doing?!?! RUN!!!!!" Haha but whatever, it wouldn't have been as good had it not been for that scene, because that's basically what started the whole scenario of them changing personalities.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

I loved this episode :3333333 

Hai

• 2 weeks later...

I loved Discord because he doesn't even have to fight all he does is whisper sweet nothings into their ears and turns them plus who am I kidding John De Lancie could read a shopping list and i would fanboy   :wub:  :umad:   

• 2 weeks later...

I loved Discord as a villain, he is still the most menacing person on this show. He doesn't have to do anything but snap his fingers and *poof* goodbye elements of harmony, hello freedom. Besides, he was able to split up the Mane 6! No other villain has even come close to splitting them up like that.

• 3 weeks later...

This is by far my favourite episode, there's a few reasons for this.

1. Discord.

Discord is completly hillarious, while also beeing smart and evil at the same time. He is even more random than Pinkie, and that's saying something. This is his first appearance and layed the bases for his appearence in later episodes. Discord was already at this point my favourite antagonist and just continued to get better.

2. The Mane 6 after the maze.

The reversed personalities of the Mane 6 ( sans Twi) are great. They all are very funny, and they managed to not force anything onto them. Flutterbitch in particular I find nearly as hillarious as Discord himself.

3. The pacing.

The pacing was actually ( once again in my opinion) very good. Of course part of that is that it is a two-part episode, but also the pacing in each individual episode is better than in most others.

4. The humor.

First of I really like M.A.Larson and his humor. He has a quite dry style that just always cracks me up. Especially the scene in the library after Twilight found the Elements of Harmony left me in tears of laughter for about 5 minutes.

This all adds up to a great episode.

(Keep in mind that everything I've written is in my opinion. If you don't agree that's OK, but I love this episode) :squee:

Now this is where Generation IV get interesting!

In many ways, this is my favorite special/episode because it really searched deep into what the Elements of Harmony mean, instead of what they look like when ponified. It was also the only special to portray what the Mane Six would be like together when they are the exact opposite of their elements, i.e. Fluttershy is mean and Rainbow Dash becomes a deserter (and mentally deranged, thinking one cloud is Cloudsdale). And it's got that old-fashioned feel to it (just kidding. 2011 is old sometimes).

I love these two episodes, it kicked off what in my opinion was the best season of the show, and brought up the series to a whole 'nother level. The first season was good but it was just missing something epic, which is what Discord brought. Like I believe a lot of other people I absolutely love Discord and to see him turn the Mane 6 against each other was very interesting. To see them have to work through al his tricks and deceptions and overcome Discord and truly understand their Elements of Harmony it just kicked off the series into a higher level of quality.

• 4 weeks later...

I simply loved this two part episode. I laugh, I cried.

I like the part where fluttershy sneaks up on grey Rainbow Dash, wakes her up and says "I'm gonna hold you down against your will, if you don't mind" 

• 4 weeks later...

This was a great 2 part episode. Both parts were equally great. This was the first 2 part episode I watched and probably my second favorite behind Friendship is Magic. It involves Discord being freed from stone and he spreads chaos over Equestria and the ponies try to stop him. It was very interesting in the maze where each of the ponies are separated from each other until they lose their friendship. Discord is one of my favorite villains becuase he does a lot of interesting funny things. He's definitely one of the funniest characters on the show. My highlight was the part where Twilight reads the letters she sent Princess Celestia. I thought it was very touching and a great way to recap Season 1.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I loved this episode! It did seem a bit cheesy with the typical "heroes turning into exact opposite of themselves" thing, but I still liked it. Mainly because of the Star Wars reference at the end. Just, oh my god, my nerdy mind exploded.  :wub:

That was a good episode, but we're still far from how good the show can be (A Canterlot Wedding, The Crystal Empire).

Discord is one of my favorite characters, and his introduction was flawless.

Edited by Blobulle

• 1 month later...

The more I've examined this episode, the worse it seems. It's filled with so many leaps in logic and just poor writing that it's actually stunning that it receives universal admiration. Discord's the only redeeming factor in the episode. If he wasn't the villain and was replaced by someone like Luna or Sombra, this episode would have been a complete fail. As it is I consider it a bad episode

Edited by LZRD WZRD

• 2 weeks later...