Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pinkie in Season 4: Is it just me--

Jangocoolguy

I see the standard mistake being made with the usage of this term.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Flanderization

Note that the key to this trope is in how the process is a gradual thing, the character starts relatively normal then gains a few quirks, the quirks become more prominent and then gradually become the character.

I've underlined the part everyone seems to forget.  No, Pinkie is technically not fladerized.  However, if her character continues to become more and more simplified over the course of season 4, she will be.

I wouldn't say that Pinkie is being flanderized because, there would have to be a trait that Pinkie has where it it becomes exaggerated more and more to the point of it being the only trait that she has where it consumes her character. If her character becomes the one trait that we have seen that is not relatively normal, then it will start to exaggerated if it is done over and over.

It's just Pinkie Pie being....well Pinkie Pie....

Honestly, she's not really out of character nor over characterized (if you get what I mean)....

She's just not the focus point of the episode and thus is just there comic relief, just as she is in other non-Pinkie centric episodes....The difference between S4 and the previous 3 seasons is that she hasn't been in every single episode, whereas so far, all the ponies are in every episode (minus CMC one)....and that's where I find fault because they should have spread that aspect out.....

Princess Twilight had one of the worst Pinkie Pie moments in the entire show, the coloring book gag. and creamy cream frosting wasn't that funny.

Fluttershy is just an archetype that I find boring and I dislike how the writers seem to have to so often make her stray from her core character to derive humor and plots from her.

I thought pinkies party favor gag where apple jack says you mess with one of us you mess with al us and pinkies al like "tweet!"

had me on dying.

Pinkie perking up twlight by spamming her with happy letters was really sweet and endearing.

and twilight needed it.

I mean she's at least 50/50 and i choose to be posetive about her in those 2.

I am gonna say something horribly un popular.

wouldn't making pinkie more like party of one be well,

full on fan pandering?  that was a isolated incident.  a temporary break.

I'm not saying i wouldn't like...

love... 

think it was the best thing ever LOL

but i'm just point out out the cherry picking