Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Something I just thought of concerning Twilight's new cutie mark

Wardaddy

Ok, so we saw a six-starred version of Twilight's cutie mark when she became an alicorn in Magical Mystery Cure, right? Well, personally I took it for an animation error, until it showed up again in the Season 4 sketches that were shown at Comic-Con, and instantly I assumed it was no mere coincidence. Then, along came the Tree of Harmony, and after doing some several weeks of thinking, I may have pieced something together.

What if the six stars on Twi's new cutie mark represent Twi and her friends, with the big star in the middle being Harmony itself? That would effectively not make Twilight the mortal spirit of the Tree of Harmony, but rather its guardian, protector and ambassador of harmony, along with the Mane 5. It would make sense, considering Twilight has learned much about magic and friendship, and having used the Elements of Harmony along with her friends, the tree saw fit to make the Mane 6 its guardians.

What do you think about this?

• Brohoof 9

Ok, so we saw a six-starred version of Twilight's cutie mark when she became an alicorn in Magical Mystery Cure, right? Well, personally I took it for an animation error, until it showed up again in the Season 4 sketches that were shown at Comic-Con, and instantly I assumed it was no mere coincidence. Then, along came the Tree of Harmony, and after doing some several weeks of thinking, I may have pieced something together.

What if the six stars on Twi's new cutie mark represent Twi and her friends, with the big star in the middle being Harmony itself? That would effectively not make Twilight the mortal spirit of the Tree of Harmony, but rather its guardian, protector and ambassador of harmony, along with the Mane 5. It would make sense, considering Twilight has learned much about magic and friendship, and having used the Elements of Harmony along with her friends, the tree saw fit to make the Mane 6 its guardians.

That is actually a very reasonable theory. It would move more towards Harmony being a separate entity... but if that's the case, Discord is only a guardian of Chaos, as opposites equal...

Hmm...

Interesting theory. Back when we were taking more actively about that version of her cutie mark I suggested that the extra star stood for leadership or perhaps the center star stood for leadership. Twilight was very surprised that the tree showed her cutie mark and I almost wonder if Celestia connected the two events. I'm guessing she did since she must have noticed her own and Luna's too. I like your theory.

I don't think she is the guardian of the tree yet. My guess is that this is the ultimate goal but until Twilight opens up the locked box she won't be.

Discord is only a guardian of Chaos, as opposites equal...

I think it is safe to say that our princess even with her new magic is still no match for Discord. 

• Brohoof 1

It's an interesting theory. So I wonder if Twilight is gearing up to be the Princess of Harmony? Because with no more elements of Harmony Equestria is going to need a defense in case Discord tries something funny.

Imagine Twilight with Harmony magic the same level of Discord's chaos magic? That'd be pretty awesome.

I suppose she could also be the guardian of the tree in the future.

Edited by Mikami

It's an interesting theory. So I wonder if Twilight is gearing up to be the Princess of Harmony? Because with no more elements of Harmony Equestria is going to need a defense in case Discord tries something funny.

Imagine Twilight with Harmony magic the same level of Discord's chaos magic? That'd be pretty awesome.

It might be something like that and I think those people who expect her to rule a kingdom aren't thinking big enough. Twilight will be doing more than ruling I suspect.

• Brohoof 1

I seriously doubt little pony Twilight would be able to match up to Discord power-wise.  He's thousands upon thousands of years old, he's had an immense amount of time to perfect his art right up to the point where he will willingly 'obey' the princesses and not at all be threatened by their power.  He could reclaim Equestria or the entire world if he had a mind for it, hell I imagine he could wipe ponies off the face of their own planet.  But genocide isn't his thing.

Edited by Miz-Jynx

I like your idea.

Unfortunately, I don't think that the producers would come up with something like that. Maybe I've been a little disheartened by this new season and seems to me that they don't really think too much about what they put on screen.

I would sure like something like that, but I don't really take the symbolism of the tree too deeply.

• Brohoof 2

Twilight has learned much about magic and friendship, and having used the Elements of Harmony along with her friends, the tree saw fit to make the Mane 6 its guardians.

How would the tree know about Twilight's friendship lessons, or about how the Mane Six have previously used the Elements?

Sounds like an interesting theory, if thats the case i guess it would support Harmony being its own being kinda like Discord is the spirit of Chaos. 

Who it is idk, maybe its just the tree of Harmony. 

But its interesting, at the very least the new Cutie mark has to have some kind of meaning, atleast i'd assume, so thats a possible theory.

No way to know for sure though yet.

How would the tree know about Twilight's friendship lessons, or about how the Mane Six have previously used the Elements?

Seriously? *sighs* Ok, the tree is obviously thousands upon thousands of years old, if not more so, than Discord. By this time it surely would've developed the ability to pick out its rightful guardian, and guess who emerged from a stick of how many ponies? Thats right, Twilight. Both she and the tree share the same cutie mark, therefore it chose her.

Twilight seeing her cutie mark and expressing her surprise so strongly indicates that the writers want us to form a link between her mark and the tree. How long they had this idea is harder to say of course. The other interesting thing is how prior to the mane 5 meeting Twilight, and claiming their element, the EOH, except for Twilight's, were formless. I'm not sure what this means but it's interesting.

That could be the case in this sense, Twilight did learn so much about friendship and so did her friends but NOT counting the time when they just threw their lessons away during "A Canterlot Wedding". And she is the link to their friendship with each other but true harmony could be something more than just bonds and relations, it could be of something much greater than anything else can tell.

Since Twilight has gone through many lessons on friendship, she could be the ambassador of harmony and the Tree of Harmony, being a great source of power and has a mind of its own since it gave the ponies a chest in gratitude for returning the Elements of Harmony to their birthplace, could very much be the main physical stable of harmony itself and that it's true source is the love and friendship that the ponies and the Mane 6 all have for each other.

I have to agree with all of you guys on this. These are all possible explanations for the 6 stared cutie mark and the tree of harmonies mark.  But what if it was something to do with Twilight finder her true self. As it was in the true of harmony episode, the ponies said that the elements of harmony was what was connecting them. The Big Star of Twilight cutie mark could be representing harmony and the little stars representing each one of the 6. The 6 one appeared when Twilight found out what she really was meant to be. All of the other main 6 knew what they were (Kindness, Honest, etc.) But Twilight didn't have a  real devoted element (Beside Magic). When  she turned into the princess, she found out what she truly meant.

As for the Tree having the same mark as twilight, that possibly could represent some religious connections. I don't really know. 

Note: Im not religious or anything. I just had a teacher that was hardcore christian and pointed out every little christian connections or hints in books or readings.

Edited by The True Black Star

• 3 years later...

i think the new star represents starlight, cuz it did it again in shadowplay and they said they had everything planned threw season 8 ever since season 4

Spoiler

also the tree of harmony has a 7th hidden gem, u can see it in shadowplay

Edited by Jade Fire
  • Brohoof 1