Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite memory from 2013?

D1SC0RD

Happy holidays everyone! Christmas is tomorrow and we're all pretty excited I am sure, but New Years Eve is coming up as well. And that got me thinking... What was my favorite memory from 2013?

I don't know my answer just yet so I'll post it later... A year is a long time to reminisce about!

I'll probably post a few stories to be honest. I am such an indecisive person.

But while I ponder my favorite memories, you guys should tell me yours ;)

• Brohoof 3

My favorite memory was probably joining these here forums. I really enjoyed making friends with all sorts of different people and it's just been a lot of fun. 

• Brohoof 8

My favorite memory was probably joining these here forums. I really enjoyed making friends with all sorts of different people and it's just been a lot of fun. 

Yeah, these forums are great! I have a terrible tendency to come and go... but my most recent hiatus was due to a broken laptop and then log-in issues, so I couldn't be more pleased to be back. This is the only pony community I am a part of... MLPforums has all I ever need

Glad to hear you've liked your stay too

• Brohoof 3

I agree with Wheatly up there.

Joining these forums not only helped me meet so many great people, but also helped me set in stone my place in the Brony Fandom.

I'd like to thank each and every single Brony on these forums. I know for a fact that not everyone will read my response, but I just want to extend my gratitude. 

As practically everybody above.

Joining the forums in general. Gaining more friends here and in real life. Liking the show in general has improved my year. there's some things that could be going better but there is still a chance to fix them...

• Brohoof 2

My favorite memory of this year was joining these forums, as cliche as that answer will be. It gave me a chance to make friends and actually have plenty of fun. I have never felt so welcomed in my life. I was so used to being treated like trash that the kindness here blew me away. No one judged me like people normally do, but they accepted me for who I am. I swear, I have never been so happy in my life. :D

• Brohoof 3

My favorite memory of this year was joining these forums, as cliche as that answer will be. It gave me a chance to make friends and actually have plenty of fun. I have never felt so welcomed in my life. I was so used to being treated like trash that the kindness here blew me away. No one judged me like people normally do, but they accepted me for who I am. I swear, I have never been so happy in my life. :D

I can perfectly relate. The whole world just seems to be filled with darkness and grim sights nowadays.

These forums and the fandom as a whole helped me see more good in the world.

Some people really misjudge people by their covers. ESPECIALLY Bronies. You will never go to a court trail for a murder and hear a detective say "We found the murder weapon next to the killer's Rainbow Dash plush."

• Brohoof 1

Okay, I have one now! Kinda long though...

I work at Future Shop in the computer department, and customers can be very rude to me. But part of my job is to help customers and I am not supposed to walk away from them while they shop. One time, this man came in shopping for external harddrives, and we were selling 1TB for $89.99 or something. So I go over to help and I ask if he has any questions and he says

''Yeah actually, I do... Why would I bUY THIS EXTERNAL HARDDRIVE FOR $89.99 HERE WHEN STAPLES HAS IT FOR $79.99?'' he starts actually yelling at me halfway through this sentence. Before I could even mention the price match policy we have, he keeps yelling about what terrible service I am providing and what bullshit Future Shop is. I was a new employee at the time and I didn't really know what to do so I just kind of stood there and said nothing while he vented his frustration

But then one of my co-workers came over and he was like ''Excuse me, I dont think you wanted the harddrive, I think you just wanted to scream at her because your behavior is absolutely uncalled for. I'm going to have to ask you to leave''. The customer was stubborn, but he eventually left because ''he didn't want to walk in our doors anyway''. And then my co-worker and I became best friends.

I get angry customers every once in a while, and I never know what to say to them. I just try to calm them down and it never works, but I'm too wimpy to try anything else. So a lot of my favorite memories include ones like I just mentioned when someone helps me out and then says they have my back because I'm ''too sweet to be treated badly''. A lot of people I work with care about me and that's the only thing keeping me from quitting.

Edit: Also somewhat related! I love when a coworker tells me to stay away from a customer or another employee because they're flirtatious, easily angered, or straight up not good people. Super appreciated.

Edited by D1SC0RD
  • Brohoof 1

Returning to the forums here was really the best time out of my entire year. I just missed how accepted and welcomed I felt here, and I missed expressing my love for the show. It felt great to finally have the opportunity once again, and not only that, to have numerous friends on here that I can share my love for the show with.

But if I had to be really specific, my one favorite memory from 2013, would be the life changing moment I got my first and most amazing girlfriend on here @,. :)

I hope 2014 brings us all sorts of new and cherishable memories. :D

• Brohoof 1

My favorite 2013 memory was back in June, I spent the day with this friend I haven't seen in a while but have kept in contact with. We saw Equestria Girls which turned out to be better than we both expected even despite having a few flaws, had some lunch, watched a couple of animated Batman movies I had, ordered a pizza and watched John Cena VS Ryback in a three stages of hell match for the WWE championship at Payback.

• Brohoof 1

One of my favorite memories: Joining this forum. Some things were amazing, some things were bad. But I learned from mistakes, and I made many awesome new friends! <3

Another memory: Actually making a ton of new friends in my social life. I mean, I can't be alone all the time right? :P

Last memory: Breaking up with my ex from last January. Holy crap was he a jerk. I was pushed around and was yelled at when he was upset. He took all of his anger out on me, which was terrible. But breaking up with him, that took a TON of weight off my shoulders and I lost a lot of stress-even though we still fought for like 35 months after that .-. - It was pretty awesome. ^^

But to all of my friends, I can't thank you enough! :)

Edited by PrincessOfWinterWubs
  • Brohoof 2

Returning to the forums here was really the best time out of my entire year. I just missed how accepted and welcomed I felt here, and I missed expressing my love for the show. It felt great to finally have the opportunity once again, and not only that, to have numerous friends on here that I can share my love for the show with.

But if I had to be really specific, my one favorite memory from 2013, would be the life changing moment I got my first and most amazing girlfriend on here @,. :)

I hope 2014 brings us all sorts of new and cherishable memories. :D

Aw that's really sweet Sanderspie :D Thanks for mentioning me ;)

Personally for me my favorite memory is the night he asked me to be his girlfriend ^_^ I was so happy and cheerful I just didn't know what to do but say yes. He was already a really good friend so this would just bring us closer :) We've had a wonderful relationship ever since :lol:

But of course that never would have happened if I had never joined the forums. Second favorite memory is from the day I joined. I remember how welcomed I felt, and I had a feeling I would be a member of this site for a long time

I joined in late June and here I am today. I've met lots of amazing friends and found an awesome boyfriend here :D YES 2013 WAS EPIC! B)

• Brohoof 1

I would like to say my wedding day and becoming wife to my new husband, however the main memory that pops up the most for me...is when we finally were reunited together after 2yrs of seperation. I met him at the Hamburg, airport in Germany. I remember the anxiety and stress from the long flight, and the ackes of the early morning knowing that i was 7hrs behind me, and praying that he, my fiance (now husband) and his folks were waiting patiently for me on time.

I saw my bag, it's like THANK GOD it's a unique pink cameo bag, it stands out easily amongst the other bags, snatched it and then quickly went to find the exit terminal. Soon as i entered the doors, there he was... he and his parents... screaming "EMY HERE!!!" and omg... tears filled my eyes, I screamed out ot him, I ran, nearly running people over almost, and grabbed him tightly, then we kissed repeatly till finally when we had to catch our breath I said "Hold me and don't ever let me go again!!!" He was more then willing to oblidge, he held on to me the whole time we walked out the airport. Best memory of this year for me.

• Brohoof 3

My welcoming to the forums, however, wasn't as joyful as I anticipated.

In my first ever thread, I tagged a piece of my writing on it, then two other members came up and began bashing me on it.

It truly left me crushed, and it made me want to leave after the first day.

Thank god I didn't :)

My favorite memory is when I joined the forums.  It made me feel that I'm not a nobody and the only one that's a fan of pretty colored pastel ponies. This place has a lot of friendly bronies and might I add very cool and talented people.

And it's all thanks to my forum buddy and favorite reviewer/analyst, Pink Mist!  :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S PEEPS! 

• Brohoof 2

The day I arrived here and met many, many great friends.  I had just watched the season 3 finale and feeling empty inside and I needed closure..since coming here even though it's clique I felt that 'Friendship IS Magic,'

• Brohoof 1

Favourite memory has to be nervously messaging about softmodding her Wii which we never actually got around to doing and now she's like, my bestest friend ever and I'm insanely happy about that :D

I've made loads of friends and I've met a very special someone here (; I've had my fair share of arguments, warning points and made some enemies but my experience with MLPForums has been nothing short of amazing so this has to be another of my favourite memories!

• Brohoof 2

I feel like things that should have been great memories from this year, turned out being the opposite because something ruined them. Like my semester of university and my orchestra trip. It was still a great memory, but now all it can do is make me depressed. I wish that at least the orchestra trip part wouldn't have been tainted by breaking my instrument and not getting to play through much of it. That was so important to me; it was, in great part, a fulfillment of one of my greatest dreams, but then it was messed up... =(

So I suppose it comes down to the new friends I have made. We don't get to see each other as much anymore, but we're still great friends. So perhaps that one hasn't been tainted. The main big memory being when we all got a day off and got to go across the state to shop and spend the day together. I can't say I've had any friends quite to their level.

Super Smash Bros being announced :P

Other than that nothing really significant, except video production class, had a lot of fun their

I've had lots of awesome memories this year, most of them involving me and my crush and how much closer we've been. If I were to talk about any single moment, it would have to be me receiving my MCAT scores and finding out that I was in the top 10%. I was jumping for joy and letting out all of my relief and ecstasy because all that studying paid off.

• Brohoof 1

Definitely joining the forums, I met a ton of wonderful people and you all just really made me feel welcomed. Also, when I drove a white Subaru Impreza I mean that was just badass. So yeah one of my best years, especially thanks to all my friends.

• Brohoof 1