Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Characters/Moments/Etc. That Gave You Nightmares As A Kid

Castle Bleck

Courage the cowardly dog.

Don't let the name fool you, this show frightened me beyond belief and I'd be stuck awake for hours trying to avoid dreams that I'd get from watching it.

Queen of the Black Puddle from Courage the Cowardly Dog

I loved her but she scared me shitless at the same time. She's seductive and water-themed, but still creepy af.

a49352f77839d533ac741b18000e13f2.png

Stretch Films logo at the END of Courage the Cowardly Dog (i was so scared of it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N09MHFPNQOc

HIM, Powerpuff girls.... dat voice :/

4378522a364c2a34ecbe7a754766296a.png

This thing from Sailor Moon o.o

261394b4ee42c7301fa2f7ae11b714ff.png

You're not perfect... From Courage....oh god.

All of Scooby Doo On Zombie Island :3

I only need one video for this one:

Oh, and....

I'm agreeing with this one. It really scared me as a kid. I love Courage, but this part was reaaaaally creepy. I think it scares me up to now. ._.

When I was very little, There was the tellytubbies. Sounds pathetic, right? Well, no. There was this bear. It was flat, it's eyes swivelled around and it had a creepy voice. I saw a picture of it a few years ago in the corner of my eye and it almost gave me a heart attack. :(

• Brohoof 1

For me it was the EVIL, STUPID... EVIL skulltullas from Zelda:Twilight princess, i remember i had to like, close my eyes and just swing the wii remote around like a total derp :)

I remember my friend also had TP, and she had no problem with the spiders so she got further into the game, and when i asked if i could play she just said: yhea, when you finish the spiders.

I was scared at the age of six when I watched Spirited Away. No-Face was the main character that freaked me out but today I actually find him nice.. 

Let's see.

Velociraptors was the big one, I don't know how many actual nightmares I had of these damn things chasing me, I still have them occasionally, I also had a few of T-Rex nightmares, but never lost sleep over those.

The Aliens in "Mars Attack", for some reason seeing people disintegrate to nothing but bones scared the crap outta me.

Steven King's "IT" That one scared the fuck out of me, and was always very leery around shower drains.

Boogy from Nightmare before Christmas

The Zombie Director in Courage the Cowardly dog.

The Exorcism of Emily Rose (The remake) Good god this movie terrified the shit out of me.

Can't think of anymore right now, but I will post more when I can think of them.

Okay I was very odd with this. I actually don't remember ever really getting scared at Courage the Cowardly dog. In face I remember laughing at that show more. But I usually was scared of any nightmare sequences in shows as a kid. 

But the one episode of a show that actually gave me nightmares as a kid was an episode of Camp Lazlo of all shows. It was the episode Meatman. Basically, the jelly scouts are playing with meat in the mess hall when they make a man figure out of it which they call Meatman. They play with it for a while and then they get bored of it so they try to destroy it. When they do they leave and come back and it put itself back together. Every time they came back, the meant figure did some more creepy stuff until eventually it turned into a monster. This kind of horror cliche was one that would freak me out.

Also Slade from Teen Titans scared me. He would never just die no matter what they did and when they did destroy him, Robin got these hallucinations of seeing him everywhere.

The movie that gave me nightmares/scared the crap out of me was Bicentennial Man.

I saw it when I was like 10 remember, I think it was the first time my mind had been opened up the the idea of finality. That life comes to an end and it scared the bejezzus out of me.

Your not perfect from Courage the cowardly dog i may not be exactly adult yet but the thing scares me someone has posted him so no need for a video and also as two people have said Return the slab 

at one seen i could not help but when his shadow reflected off of the car i think it looked sorta like Slendy but he's creepy okay....

• Vortex Queen from Ecco the Dolphin. Scary as hell.
  • That spider thing from the first Toy Story. *shudders*
  • Mephiles from Sonic 06. I don't even need to explain this one.

Going against popular opinion, as a kid I thought Scar, Ursula, and Darth Vader were awesome. Not scary.

• Brohoof 2

The Gentlemen from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Can't even shout, can't even cry

The Gentlemen are coming by

Lookin in Windows, knocking on doors

They need to take seven and they might take yours

Can't call to mom, can't say a word

You're gonna die screaming but you won't be heard