Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

All new members should automatically be following the "Canterlot Castle" section

Zygen

This was just a random idea that popped into my mind, but i just felt like bringing up the suggestion.

So unless i'm really dumb and new members don't already automatically have this by default, I feel like new members should automatically be following "Canterlot Castle". 

It already has a little note that says that members should keep up with it, but i'm sure not everyone in the forums follows it, and thus not everyone may know about every change or thing that goes on as far as news. 

But the thing is with all the important things that happen in the news, section when they do, shouldn't all members be informed?

It just feels like all new members should automatically start following the section, due to how important it is, and if they don't want to follow it then they can just unfollow it later on.

I dunno, i suppose it may be kinda pointless, or it may just not be something that can be done even, i'm not that skilled on that end of it. But i just felt it was something i didn't quite get why it wasn't this way, and i felt like suggesting it to maybe get an explanation as to why is should or should be this way.

So thats about it, do you think having all new members automatically following the "Canterlot Castle" , or news section of the forums, from the start? Or is it unnecessary or might cause issues?

• Brohoof 8

Dude, Zygen, you know something?  That's actually a really good idea!  In fact, it's a great idea even!  I keep up with Canterlot Castle, but I'd never considered following it until I saw your suggestion to do so; took care of that, let me tell you.  Great idea buddy!  :muffins:

• Brohoof 2

I literally just started following the Canterlot Castle section today...I never thought to do it before xD

It took me a few months just to decide to do it, i kept up with it just by checking it, but then it just made sense to follow it since i check it anyways lol.

So yeah i don't blame ya.

Dude, Zygen, you know something?  That's actually a really good idea!  In fact, it's a great idea even!  I keep up with Canterlot Castle, but I'd never considered following it until I saw your suggestion to do so; took care of that, let me tell you.  Great idea buddy!  :muffins:

Thanks ;p. I was just thinking.

And yeah, i guess it doesn't come to mind for alot of people, but i find it alot easier to have the notifications, especially since its not like i'm gonna be spammed with them as there isn't news posted incredibly often.

• Brohoof 1

@@Zygen,

Unfortunately, this idea has been brought up before (by me, coincidentally). It seems that IPFail doesn't let that sort of thing happen. I can't speak for the techies 100%, but it was mentioned in my topic that this has been talked about before and the fact that it still has not happened signals to me that it is not possible.

• Brohoof 4

If forced auto-follow was something we could do, oh trust me, it would have been implemented eons ago >.< Both in places like Canterlot, and for staff members for new staff forum topics, etc.

• Brohoof 2

I've been following both, Canterlot Castle and Feedback & Suggestions, for quite a while now; Exactly for the reason of staying informed.

@@~Chaotic Discord~, So, if it's not possible to let everyone automatically follow a forum section, wouldn't it probaly be a thing to alter the Welcome Message from Mailmare? You know, a call or recommendation to do so? Or maybe something else. More members could at least be aware of the possibility. Just an idea.

Edited by Tender Voice
  • Brohoof 3

I've been following both, Canterlot Castle and Feedback & Suggestions, for quite a while now; Exactly for the reason of staying informed.

@@~Chaotic Discord~, So, if it's not possible to let everyone automatically follow a forum section, wouldn't it probaly be a thing to alter the Welcome Message from Mailmare? You know, a call or recommendation to do so? Or maybe something else. More members could at least be aware of the possibility. Just an idea.

Can add it quite easily, and I'll go do so, but welcome messages, etc can only do so much as well. An incredibly high amount of people don't even read, let alone pay attention to, welcoming messages.

• Brohoof 2

@@Zygen,

Unfortunately, this idea has been brought up before (by me, coincidentally). It seems that IPFail doesn't let that sort of thing happen. I can't speak for the techies 100%, but it was mentioned in my topic that this has been talked about before and the fact that it still has not happened signals to me that it is not possible.

Ah, ok, i figured there was some kind of tech related issue maybe. Thanks for clarifying.

If forced auto-follow was something we could do, oh trust me, it would have been implemented eons ago >.< Both in places like Canterlot, and for staff members for new staff forum topics, etc.

Yeah, it would be quite useful i'd imagine. But yeah i guess its not possible due to IP boards and their limitations ;p. 

Sorry.

• Brohoof 1