Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What helps you to relax?

Techite Sparkle

Reading tends to help me relax quite a bit. It easily rids me of the worries in the world around me as it helps keep my mind focused on the interesting story rather than what is actually going on. Walks are also helpful too. Any walk around the block and just simply going outside really lowers my stress levels. Music helps sooth my mood as well. :)

• Brohoof 2

Thunderstorms. Always thunderstorms. That's how I'm able to sleep at night is by listening to thunderstorms.

Sound of rain, thunder.. it's just relaxing, helps me go to sleep faster.

That's what relaxes me.

This!!!!1!!

Also, I listen to music all the time. Or I read a book. I also play guitar, for hours. (but now a string broke on mine and I can only play one song...)

Edited by GhostPony750
  • Brohoof 1

Usually, the forums is a place where I CAN'T relax.

So, here's what I do

I get off of the forums entirely for a few hours, turn on my Wii U, and play a game or two. Playing video games usually helps take my mind off of things, especially when something happens on the forums that I'm not exactly comfortable with.

That, and lying on my bed, looking at the ceiling, and listening to music on my speakers.

master...ing the art of feng shui 

I see what you did there, mate :P

Edited by StevenEarthPony
  • Brohoof 1

-music (Dire straits and Mark Knopfler)

-eletrical storm (i love them)

-soldering stuff

-repairing stuff

-photoshopping art

-repairing cars

-watch mlè

Rain against my window, but really heavily and with a strong wind behind it.

The thought of being held by someone and falling asleep in their arms... It'll have to do till I can actually do this.

This. So much this. I wish I could brohoof your post twice ten times. Both of those things :3

But yeah, when I am inside and I hear the rain. Also as others has mentioned, thunderstorms haha. I wonder why it makes me relaxed... But just somehow it does. I also get super relaxed when I am in the car, it's dark, it's silent, and it's raining. That is the best thing ever. Like really.

I have never really been a fan of listening to music to get relaxed so when I am in bed and tries to relax I usually just hug my pillow pretending it's a person I am hugging cause I am so lonely  without any music or anything.

I know I said I'm not very relaxed by music but somehow, watching a movie makes me very relaxed. It doesn't matter what kind of movie it is actually, I always get relaxed by a good movie while laying down in the couch :)

Edited by Jokuc
  • Brohoof 2

Playing select video games like Portal 2 seems to relax me. I have nearly every puzzle memorized so it's not really stressful to me. I always found laying in bed and listening to the sound of rain to be really calming. The sound of piano and violin sound beautiful and calming as well.

Taking a nice shower, putting on clean clothes which just finished drying, listening to the VIP-Mellow Playlist, and grabbing my sketch pad. This is my most common way of settling down after a long day. If I feel adventurous, I'll take a hike up into the hills and gaze down at the city for a while. Even if it's smoggy most of the time, I still enjoy seeing everything in the valley. 

To answer your question, Mr. Sparkle...=w=

Well on days like today, the way I unwind and rest my stubby body is:

1. Get a warm bath.
2. Wear comfy Pjs.
3. Make a hot drink.
4. Blast my iPod.
5. Snuggle in my blanket.
6. Watch some good ole TV, or play on my laptop.

7. Eat hot food.
8. Sleep.

Follow my steps, and you'll feel like warm jello. c:

I'm almost always very anxious and have a hard time relaxing, but I've found that meditation and aromatherapy are absolutely amazing. Candles, incense, light music, and meditation have done wonders for me 

Normally I relax more when I go for a walk on my own in the evening to think about things.

Music is also really good, preferable stuff from japan as I just find music better and words are bit more lyrical to me.

I can do video games if it's a single player story and I thing it a good game :P

I relax by listening to music, loudly. Usually a mix just about anything(From Floyd to Muse to Daft Punk), except country. I guess I just got tired of hearing it as it is always on (I live in Wisconsin).