Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you still sleep with a teddy bear/stuffed animal?

swordsman

stuff animal's you sleep with  

215 users have voted

1. 1. what kind of stuff animal you sleep with

• poines
    • teddy bear
    • wood land animals(racoons, foxes, deers, ect)
    • dog
    • cat
    • other

A recent study said that 35 percent of adults admitted to sleeping with teddy bears. That's over one in three--and that's only the people who'd fess up.   What’s the appeal of a stuffed toy, especially one that’s been with you for perhaps decades and is now rather mucky and tattered?

Let’s look at why so many adults still sleep with their teddy bear:

- Continuity is important. For many people having their teddy still in their lives represents constancy, familiarity, part of their daily routine. Picking up teddy and having a cuddle is often part of the bedtime ritual that supports them in a good night’s sleep. It often provides the message that all is well with the world.

- Teddy is often a link to a carefree time when there was less responsibility, stress, demands on their time and energy. Having their old, frayed comfortable bear can take them back to a cosy childhood, a time of safety, security, comfort and well-being. Even for people who had difficult childhoods their teddy bear may have been their one reliable, dependable friend and ally.

- For many people it’s a private habit. They’ve stopped sucking their thumb, put away their dolls. Our bedroom is often the place where we ultimately close the door on the day and are alone with our thoughts. It can be a source of comfort to share that time with our teddy bear. And if people come to visit, having our old, childhood bear nearby is acceptable; it’s seen as cute, sentimental.

- Many people confide in their teddy bear. He knows everything about them, has witnessed their highs and lows, perhaps seen partners come and go, comforted their tears, shared in their successes. Having their faithful teddy their with them at night provides a soothing end to the day.

- There’s no judgement, criticism, negativity from our teddy bear. He accepts us as we are. This is a valuable attribute for our faithful bear to have, who has over time, no doubt acquired a name, personality, perhaps even likes and dislikes. By granting teddy important, supportive characteristics it provides us with the opportunity to work privately on problem areas and issues, sort out personal decisions, work through dilemmas and crises.

- There’s no potential for embarrassment sleeping with a teddy bear. He doesn’t mind if we snore, drool, hog the bed, whatever. It’s a relaxed, comfortable relationship.

- Let’s face it, sleeping with a teddy bear is better for us than downing half a bottle of booze or a handful of sleeping tablets. For many people sleeping is the first area that suffers when they are stressed, unhappy, unwell. Having a positive support system in the form of a childhood toy can provide an important comforter, ally, support system at this time. And they are often very cute too. Susan Leigh is a Counsellor and Hypnotherapist who works with stressed individuals to promote confidence and self belief, with couples in crisis to improve communications and understanding and with business clients to support the health and motivation levels of individuals and teams.

so do you still sleep with a teddy bear/stuff animal and if so what kind(like bear,dog, ect...)

• Brohoof 13

No I don’t and I’m not sure I ever did: I had a collection of soft toys as a kid. But for sleeping, I think I was alternative and had a blanket instead until about age 6.

These days I love a hot water bottle to cuddle. I know they ain’t cute or got fun characters or anything, and I don’t name it or any of that stuff. But I can’t sleep without one.

I use to sleep with my teddy bear when I was younger, but ever since it lost one of its eyes and had that creepy smile, I just couldn't have it with me in bed anymore. I have my Twilight Sparkle plushie now. :P

• Brohoof 2

i sleep with two wombats (i named one them wombat and the other wombat Jr.[i suck at coming up with names]) i got my first one when i was born and i've had it since still in perfect condition and the other i got in year 6

• Brohoof 1

I don't sleep with teddy bears but I do have 4 pony plushies and I sleep with a different one every night and often cuddle with one during the day when I am at home. I am snuggling with my Derpy plushie right now as I am typing this.

No, but I have a rolled up blanket that I lean against/cuddle with. Better than a stuffed animal because I can fold/roll it into any shape I want :P

Nah, my mom threw away my teddy bear ages ago.  I'd probably still be sleeping with it if I still had it though.    I usually sleep with my cat though.  She likes to lay on me while I sleep.  

I've snuggled the odd pony.. But due to fake hair on the plushies I have, its not a good idea.. damaged ends is a bad thing and hard to fix :P

That aside.. nope.. nadda.. just a buncha pillows.