Flow

84 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

I read the whole thread. Great insights, you guys. :)

I shall share my opinion at a later time, but for now I will say this:

I think the reason why everypony was being so mean was because they had all taken Iron Will's assertiveness lesson. So now they're all acting like jerks. At least, that's how it is while we see Fluttershy acting mean.

Then again, something similar happened in Mare Do Well in terms of how the plot flowed. Everything happened the way it did because random circumstances that were conveniently plot-related barged into the writing. The reason why there were so many catastrophes in Ponyville that episode? Because it was convenient to the plot. The reason why everypony was acting like a jerk? Because it was convenient to the plot.

I didn't dislike this episode all that much, but it's still towards the bottom. Like others have said, it didn't give me the Fluttershy I wanted. Hopefully Hurricane Fluttershy will be better.

(edited)

20 bits for a cherry? And people say the market should be unregulated.

That's what happens when there's no competition. It's got nothing to do with regulation of the market. It's got to do with the fact that the shop had a monopoly.

Edited by SBaby

Just a little thing. I just realized that the pony in the misterious mare do well that causes the wreck in the construction site is the same pony that sells the cherry.

That's cool, it appears he got fired from his old job

Just a little thing. I just realized that the pony in the misterious mare do well that causes the wreck in the construction site is the same pony that sells the cherry.

That's cool, it appears he got fired from his old job

That would be grounds for an "unfair dismissal" lawsuit. After all, he didn't make a mistake, the machinery malfunctioned. If anyone should lose their job over that, it should be the guys who maintain the equipment.
  • Brohoof 1

I'm sure it's been said countless times, but I still find it hilarious that Fluttershy has wings, yet decides to not use them and instead bucks two carts of garbage on two Earth ponies just for blocking the path.

• Brohoof 2

Good questions all around. If Pinkie is friends with everypony in Ponyville, why didn't she simply make a kind request of the shop owner? The trickery she unleashed was more appropriate for dealing with an out-of-town antagonist like Gilda---who she tried to befriend anyway!---than a legitimate businesspony.

I got the impression that the shop owners were from out of town. Plus while it's not in her nature most of the time, I could see her doing that when her friend is being taken advantage of.

That would be grounds for an "unfair dismissal" lawsuit. After all, he didn't make a mistake, the machinery malfunctioned. If anyone should lose their job over that, it should be the guys who maintain the equipment.

well that would depend on equestrian labor laws as well as his track record with the company. also most crane operators are responsible for their own equipment, like a soldier is responsible for their own gun.

I completely understand what the episode was about, and I respect the message, however seeing Fluttershy like that just broke my heart. It's probably because Fluttershy is my favorite pony, and I can relate to her a lot, but just to think of the most adorable cartoon character of all time reverting to a stage such as that makes me want to cry :'(

Edited by YourAverageBronie582
  • Brohoof 1

Absolutely loved this episode, that 3-D pan on fluttershy's face was perfect.

There's some guy on YouTube that did an animation breakdown on that sequence. That was one of my favorite parts of the episode!

• 2 months later...
(edited)

I don't think the new character will be effective with training her,FS is as tough as a marshmallow.

yeah thats been left out for two days B) Edited by thelonebrony

I also think this is the closest anypony has ever come to swearing in this show. (Nobody gives a flying feather!) Although I heard that Apple Bloom swore in french in "The Cutie Pox"

I also think this is the closest anypony has ever come to swearing in this show. (Nobody gives a flying feather!) Although I heard that Apple Bloom swore in french in "The Cutie Pox"

if i remember right it was one of those expletives with no need for deletion, could be hilariously wrong though...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is my least favorite episode of My Little Pony so far. It used to be Over a Barrel because I believed it was far too boring to stand, but after watching part of it again it wasn't so bad. I really don't like "assertive" Fluttershy, and this episode may be why she was my least favorite of the 6 for a while.

This wasn't my least favorite episode, but it was probably my second or third least favorite. There are just so many issues with this one, and even though I found 'Assertive Fluttershy' to be highly amusing, it was also a disturbing sight to see her just lash out at everyone for so much as looking at her the wrong way. I honestly don't believe that was very realistic for her character either. And I also don't believe that every pony in Ponyville would've been treating her that way all at once. Especially with a Princess that sends ponies to the ****ing MOON when they make her angry!

As for the moral, yeah her moral is fine and all, but Pinkie Pie and Rarity should've included a bit about not trying to make your friend something they're not and just accept them for who they are instead.

That said, I still didn't regret seeing the episode (if for no other reason than the fact that the episodes get really awesome after this one).

I'll do a full review of this one eventually, along with the other episodes.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Putting Your Hoof Down was in many ways a tribute to Bubblevicious. Remember how Rarity and Pinkie Pie begged to have the old, nice Fluttershy back? Blossom and Buttercup pleaded with Bubbles to go back to her old self the exact same way.

I have to say that Fluttershy was the best in this episode Please don't hurt me because she is always shy. But i think she was best at the end because she learned how to control herself without going over the top like what she did with that guy delivering the mail. I mean he could not see well.

I have to say that Fluttershy was the best in this episode Please don't hurt me because she is always shy. But i think she was best at the end because she learned how to control herself without going over the top like what she did with that guy delivering the mail. I mean he could not see well.

Personally, I don't agree with your reasons. If the mailpony doesn't see so well, then he shouldn't be involved in a job that requires reading small lettering in the first place. Also, it seems Fluttershy went back to being a doormat in the very next episode, because she was carrying all the heavy party supplies and Pinkie was being carried by the balloons. So it was kind of a false character development. I liked this episode mainly because it had a lot of Rarity and Pinkie in it. Their reactions when Fluttershy failed to charm the cherry salespony is a classic. The other reason this episode is awesome is because it had Iron Will. I PITY THE FOOL WHO DOESN'T LIKE IRON WILL!
  • Brohoof 1