Flow

84 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

As I am admittedly excited for this episode, assertive training is not necessary for Fluttershy. She's beat up bears, made a dragon cry, trolled Discord, wrecked the Canterlot garden. This will be similar to the old Spongebob episode where Plankton tries to teach Spongebob to be assertive.

Sounds like another great episode and it's about time Fluttershy got a feature in season 2. It'll be interesting to see how this Iron Will character comes into the picture and I'm not sure how Fluttershy will “become assertive.” But I have faith that DHX will make the story just as entertaining and produce yet another episode for the win :P
  • Brohoof 1

My reaction:

That said...I think the reason why the lack of Fluttershy centeric episodes is, compared to all the other ponies, there not much one can do that hasn't already been done character development-wise. So as much as I love Fluttershy, perhaps its a good thing, it will help keep episodes centered around her fresh and more enjoyable.

Edited by SailorCardKnight

As I am admittedly excited for this episode, assertive training is not necessary for Fluttershy. She's beat up bears, made a dragon cry, trolled Discord, wrecked the Canterlot garden.

But that was her in front of creatures who aren't ponies. She's much better at relating to animals than she is to other ponies. And while it's hilarious to think of Fluttershy as having trolled Discord, I actually doubt that it was intentional, especially since Discord took on the form of butterflies, so that may have made her more comfortable with speaking her mind.

I think the episode will be about her learning to be more assertive to other ponies.

• Brohoof 2

But that was her in front of creatures who aren't ponies. She's much better at relating to animals than she is to other ponies. And while it's hilarious to think of Fluttershy as having trolled Discord, I actually doubt that it was intentional, especially since Discord took on the form of butterflies, so that may have made her more comfortable with speaking her mind.

I think the episode will be about her learning to be more assertive to other ponies.

Exactly, I really on that theory for continuity, otherwise it would be like if they had forgotten dragonshy and stare master

My whole post was based for humor. But I am excited for this episode. And I was not lying when I said I thought this would be similar to that old "Spongebob" episode where Plankton teaches Spongebob to be assertive.

Iron Will = Pony Stark of Stark Industries

Fluttershy can be the silver sidekick to Iron Man...I mean Iron Will

All these Iron Man jokes have given me a new possibly funny idea, based on the fact that Rainbow Dash won the Iron Pony competition: what if Iron Will is actually Dashie in disguise?

No I don't know where that would go...it would completely change the dynamic of the episode, resulting in possibly some serious heartbreak not just for Fluttershy but for Rainbow Dash too if things go poorly, which they almost certainly will, but it could also lead to some heartwarming moments between the two of them as they make up for the mistakes they made in the process of the episode.

It's just a thought. Heck, someone could probably turn the idea of Dashie disguising herself as another pony to make Fluttershy more assertive into a fanfic of some sort. Could be funny.

I really hope Iron Will is the best thing since Photo Finish. This and "Green Isn't Your Color" are both episode 19s, for crying out loud.

Edit: Comment below already alerted me it's episode 20.

Edited by Vinyl Scratch

I really hope Iron Will is the best thing since Photo Finish. This and "Green Isn't Your Color" are both episode 19s, for crying out loud.

INCORRECT! Green Isn't your colour is twenty

Iron Will = Pony Stark of Stark Industries

Fluttershy can be the silver sidekick to Iron Man...I mean Iron Will

Fluttershy as War Machine... I mean, War Pony? Sounds like an art commission in the making.

All these Iron Man jokes have given me a new possibly funny idea, based on the fact that Rainbow Dash won the Iron Pony competition: what if Iron Will is actually Dashie in disguise?

No I don't know where that would go...it would completely change the dynamic of the episode, resulting in possibly some serious heartbreak not just for Fluttershy but for Rainbow Dash too if things go poorly, which they almost certainly will, but it could also lead to some heartwarming moments between the two of them as they make up for the mistakes they made in the process of the episode.

It's just a thought. Heck, someone could probably turn the idea of Dashie disguising herself as another pony to make Fluttershy more assertive into a fanfic of some sort. Could be funny.

"The truth is... I am Iron Pony."

That is an awesome idea! The concept is funny and entertaining, though I, too, worry about the execution of such a hypothetical story. But I like the thought of Dash pretending to be another pony and doing all she can to make Fluttershy more assertive. The whole endeavor is likely to backfire in one form or another---probably with Fluttershy becoming hyper aggressive and overly assertive. In the end, though, Dash would reveal herself and explain to Fluttershy her reasons for doing what she did. As you outlined, it would be an opportunity for both some heartbreak followed by heartwarming reconciliation, ending with Dash penning a letter in which she recognizes that you can't forcibly make a pony into something they are not. It fits the formula quite well.

On a slightly different note, I look forward to seeing how many of the gifted brony artists will also make the Iron Man/Iron Will reference in their work.

Edited by Thereisnospoon303
  • Brohoof 1