Flow

84 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Fluttershy: I don't give a flying fuck about your shit!

(to Pinkie and Rarity)

o__O Yeah

(edited)

I'll provide my personal analysis later. For now, I'll list the references I spotted in this episode.

1. Pinkie Pie's Style of Persuasion: I think we all know the source.

Posted Image

2. Fluttershy calling Celestia as her witness: Gone with the Wind

3. Iron Will's Theme: Opening beats of "Eye of the Tiger."

4. Iron Will cupping his ear to the crowd/flexing his muscles: Classic Hulk Hogan postures. Iron Will used a lot of wrestling references such as referring to himself constantly in the third person, yelling into the mic, having his own theme, and bracing against the cottage fence as if it were ring ropes.

5. Iron Will, the typical over-the-top self-help motivator: This was the entire premise of the episode, so it's not at all a sneaky reference. Iron Will is a stereotype of self-help gurus who are loud, assertive, take the worst possible case and "fix" that person, and then are forced to "deprogram" that individual. Of course, Fluttershy essentialy deprograms herself.

I'm sure there are a few more; either I cannot recall them or I don't know how to recognize them.

Edited by Thereisnospoon303
  • Brohoof 5

(edited)

I enjoyed this episode, but it went almost exactly the way that I thought that it would go from the synopsis.

There were just a few exceptions:

• Ponyville residents can behave like complete jerks, I thought that they would be bad but not that bad. I thought it was 1980s New York for a second there
  • Bugs Bunny reference FTW, I didn't see it coming
  • As Celestia As My Witness! This is the second time they've made this Gone with The Wind reference. I wonder if this is a common saying in Equestria
  • Mean Fluttershy was really mean, way meaner than I expected. Kinda violent too
  • Iron Will was actually not that bad of a guy, I'd thought that he would be a full-blown antagonist, instead he was actually just a self-help guru... That actually honored his customer satisfaction policy. Go figure
  • No Rainbow Dash. I had thought that a conflict between Fluttershy and RD would have been interesting to see...
Mean Fluttershy made Pinkie and Rarity cry. That made me a little sad too :blush:

Also, Iron Will pities the fool!!! :lol:

Edited by HAL 9000
  • Brohoof 2

Bon Bon and that other pony reacted surprisingly calm to somepony that just dumped garbage on them.

I think Bon Bon having different voices is officially a running gag now...

• Brohoof 6

I wonder if the Hub altered the time slot with Bronies specifically in mind. After all, the young male demographic is probably more likely to be awake by 1:00 PM on Saturday than 10:00 AM.

• Brohoof 3

As we all expected, Flutterb*tch returns in full force. My thoughts on the episode:

- Angel's even more of an ass than usual. The chat was just about ready to declare "Wabbit Season!" on the little rabbit in response to the amount of times he slapped Fluttershy. Thus, I blame this entire ordeal on Angel.

- Bon-Bon speaks...with yet another new voice. I've lost count, is this the fourth or fifth time she's changed voices?

- Between Fluttershy beating ponies senseless (both physically and mentally) and Iron Will knocking both Pinkie and Rarity back into the mud, nearly everypony involved suffered alot more abuse than any other episode.

- The ending confrontation between Fluttershy and Iron Will was gold, made all the better by Pinkie (or all ponies!) being rendered speechless at Fluttershy standing up for herself without being a total jerk. This scene alone sold the episode for me.

• Brohoof 2

She made Pinkie and Rarity cry at the same time. Ouch... what did you guys think of that?

I thought it was pretty rough. It had to have been a terrible shock to both Pinkie and Rarity that she would say something like that.

After all, Fluttershy is supposed to be the element of kindness, but that was decisively not kind. I guess this just continues with the trend of each of the elements not being 100% all of the time.

I really didn't like that part myself, but it did snap Fluttershy out of her "crazy" mode.

• Brohoof 1

As we all expected, Flutterb*tch returns in full force. My thoughts on the episode:

- Angel's even more of an ass than usual. The chat was just about ready to declare "Wabbit Season!" on the little rabbit in response to the amount of times he slapped Fluttershy. Thus, I blame this entire ordeal on Angel.

- Bon-Bon speaks...with yet another new voice. I've lost count, is this the fourth or fifth time she's changed voices?

- Between Fluttershy beating ponies senseless (both physically and mentally) and Iron Will knocking both Pinkie and Rarity back into the mud, nearly everypony involved suffered alot more abuse than any other episode.

- The ending confrontation between Fluttershy and Iron Will was gold, made all the better by Pinkie (or all ponies!) being rendered speechless at Fluttershy standing up for herself without being a total jerk. This scene alone sold the episode for me.

Is it just me, or is Rarity going to be using her charm and looks to seduce stallions to get what she wants from now on... LOL. That was pretty funny.

Is it just me, or is Rarity going to be using her charm and looks to seduce stallions to get what she wants from now on... LOL. That was pretty funny.

yes i remember that! rarity is just manipulative!

one unmentioned looney toons reference would be rarity lifting pinkie's jaw at the end of the episode. i really liked this episode, friggin hilarious seeing fluttershy give "bitch" a whole new meaning, and divebombing the guy in the taxi was fantastic! also seductive rarity was funny, but i'm surprised noone has noted the character she was seducing...

this whole episode was win, pure and simple

• Brohoof 1

one unmentioned looney toons reference would be rarity lifting pinkie's jaw at the end of the episode. i really liked this episode, friggin hilarious seeing fluttershy give "bitch" a whole new meaning, and divebombing the guy in the taxi was fantastic! also seductive rarity was funny, but i'm surprised noone has noted the character she was seducing...

this whole episode was win, pure and simple

I couldn't agree with this comment any more. Best episode to date, IMO.

(edited)

she is being a bitch now :/ iron will is a dick

and couldn't fluttershy have just flown over the two carts?

She could have... but when some pony tries to block, you have to show them you ROCK!

Anyone else get the Looney Tunes reference?

Pinkie Pie = Bugs Bunny

Flying feather, LMAO. I totally wasn't expecting that. :lol:

I held my breath for a second wondering if she was going to say "buck" Edited by DrOphthalmos
  • Brohoof 2

Btw, anypony else find Derpy? She's there in all her glorious Derpiness!

Had to watch this episode twice to for my mind to not explode. Loved it :wub:

Had to watch this episode twice to for my mind to not explode. Loved it :wub:

I watched it twice too! But the second time, I was looking very very carefully for Derpy - and I found her! :D
  • Brohoof 1

Btw, anypony else find Derpy? She's there in all her glorious Derpiness!

I watched it twice too! But the second time, I was looking very very carefully for Derpy - and I found her! :D

Really? I love looking for Derpy and was pleased to see her in this episode as well!