84 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Element of generosity.

Seduces random guy to get a stack of asparagus.

Posted Image

Well, she generously used her seductive skills to get the asparagus for her friend. That's my version and I'm sticking to it.

Well, she generously used her seductive skills to get the asparagus for her friend. That's my version and I'm sticking to it.

At the expense of another pony? How... mean.

Element of generosity.

Seduces random guy to get a stack of asparagus.

Well, she's never actually all that generous. Unless: 1) the other party is in dire need of the object in question, 2) the other party is a really good friend, or 3) she's not so interested in the object in question.

Sure, she won't let someone (not just pony) down in times of need, and her spirit is that of Generosity. But I don't think her behavior represents that element so well.

Anyway, I'll cut my rant there and go watch the show.

The new argument aganist non-bronies:

Non-brony: "Its gay!"

Brony: "Its great!"

Non-brony: "Its GAY!"

Brony: "Its GREAT!"

Non-brony: "Its gay!"

Brony: "Its gay!"

Non-brony: "Its great!"

Brony: Pinkie-Pie has just raped your logic. You're argument is invalid.

• Brohoof 8

Oh I don't know... he seemed pretty happy to have someone like Rarity call him "Handsome," even if she wasn't exactly being sincere.

By the way, shouldn't us nerdy types be offended by that character? :P

• Brohoof 2

Great episode! While I think that the conflict was resolved a bit too suddenly at the end, there were plenty of memorable scenes.

I especially liked:

- Fluttershy's pushoverness in the beginning was, as always, hilarious.

- Iron Will's cheesy catchphrases, especially "You apologize, I penalize!" and "Make me lose, I blow my fuse!"

- Bon Bon's voice. Seriously, she HAS to be a voice actress.

- The art in the scene where Fluttershy's tied up. I don't know what it is about it, but the interior of Fluttershy's house was extremely well-drawn.

(edited)

Splendid episode. It was really nice. I laughed during the "Lonney tunes bit:"

And also, Fluttershy made Pinkie cry...I got my shotgun ready and. *Gets surrounded by other bronies with shot guns*

"...put it back down and hug Fluttershy...Yeah...

Edited by RaccoonBL
  • Brohoof 1

I loved that episode! I didn't really expect it to be so funny also.

Things I gotta say about this episode:

-Made me hate Angel even more.

-Those catchphrases are so cheesy, they're good.

-Pinkie arguing with the asparagus lady and Iron Will were some of the best parts.

-Was probably the saddest episode I saw so far.

-New Fluttershy was hilarious.

• Brohoof 3

she paid him his bit for it, and a minute of her time... so he doesn't lose out on money (plenty of other stalls with food) and he got to hold rarity's hand... fair deal by me ;)

also i can't seem to find an hd upload on youtube... rewatching lowdef is sad...

I thought it was pretty rough. It had to have been a terrible shock to both Pinkie and Rarity that she would say something like that.

After all, Fluttershy is supposed to be the element of kindness, but that was decisively not kind. I guess this just continues with the trend of each of the elements not being 100% all of the time.

I really didn't like that part myself, but it did snap Fluttershy out of her "crazy" mode.

I have come to believen that everypony is the most likely to fail at their own element that anypony else. Here we've seen it all with a bitch Fluttershy, sad Pinkie in Party of One, Lier Applejack and unloyal Rainbow Dash in the Last Roundup, Not generous Rarity almost always and Twilight being a magical wreck in Lesson Zero.

About the episode, it was ....interesting ....

The first was normal and good and funny, I loved to see ponies being jerks. It just goes to show you that Equestria is not a super perfect utopic world where everypony loves everypony. Pinkie Pie did seem a little bit out of character at times, I wouldnt think of her being the pony to encourage to get into arguments, Rainbow would have work better in that role.

Iron Will was pretty funny, he reminded me of Johnny Bravo, and I still wonder wheter the Goats are inteligent like ponies or are in an inferior level.

The second half was kinda weird. I totally didn't expect Fluttershy to make Pinkie and Rarity cry! And be so mean to them! First, i think Rarity wouldn't cry, but I dunno, lets let that slip by saying she was particulary sad that her best friend treated her like that, and second, Iron Will didn't actually tell her to insult other people, he said to "criticize" and even though his example was rude, he didn't actually go into the goat's personal life. That would have been really low, like Fluttershy.

She was HORRIBLE i tell you HORRIBLE! She really took the advice too far. That scene just left me completely shocked. Then she looked at herself in the water. Typical, but it seem to me like they could make her look a lot more monster like, then it would had have a better effect, specially considering that afterwards she trapped herself in her house like if she was going to turn into a werewolf!

I must admit I was scared, I was like, what the hell is gonna happen now? Is she gonna kill herself?! Of course it didn't happen, because she has the bestest friends.

I'm glad that in the end, she learnt the proper way to manipulate without coming of as a complete sociopath. Pretty funny in fact.

So my only complain was the reflection part, because she didn't seem monster enough, although it may have been the version I saw, as it was pretty low quality.

Overall it was a very interesting episode, and I must say that it did make me like Fluttershy more, I believe she has overtaken the 5th place, leaving Dash behind

• Brohoof 3

I have come to believen that everypony is the most likely to fail at their own element that anypony else. Here we've seen it all with a bitch Fluttershy, sad Pinkie in Party of One, Lier Applejack and unloyal Rainbow Dash in the Last Roundup, Not generous Rarity almost always and Twilight being a magical wreck in Lesson Zero.

About the episode, it was ....interesting ....

The first was normal and good and funny, I loved to see ponies being jerks. It just goes to show you that Equestria is not a super perfect utopic world where everypony loves everypony. Pinkie Pie did seem a little bit out of character at times, I wouldnt think of her being the pony to encourage to get into arguments, Rainbow would have work better in that role.

Iron Will was pretty funny, he reminded me of Johnny Bravo, and I still wonder wheter the Goats are inteligent like ponies or are in an inferior level.

The second half was kinda weird. I totally didn't expect Fluttershy to make Pinkie and Rarity cry! And be so mean to them! First, i think Rarity wouldn't cry, but I dunno, lets let that slip by saying she was particulary sad that her best friend treated her like that, and second, Iron Will didn't actually tell her to insult other people, he said to "criticize" and even though his example was rude, he didn't actually go into the goat's personal life. That would have been really low, like Fluttershy.

She was HORRIBLE i tell you HORRIBLE! She really took the advice too far. That scene just left me completely shocked. Then she looked at herself in the water. Typical, but it seem to me like they could make her look a lot more monster like, then it would had have a better effect, specially considering that afterwards she trapped herself in her house like if she was going to turn into a werewolf!

I must admit I was scared, I was like, what the hell is gonna happen now? Is she gonna kill herself?! Of course it didn't happen, because she has the bestest friends.

I'm glad that in the end, she learnt the proper way to manipulate without coming of as a complete sociopath. Pretty funny in fact.

So my only complain was the reflection part, because she didn't seem monster enough, although it may have been the version I saw, as it was pretty low quality.

Overall it was a very interesting episode, and I must say that it did make me like Fluttershy more, I believe she has overtaken the 5th place, leaving Dash behind

I'll say it here. This episode made the show that much better. As you said, Equestria isn't perfect at all since it's not like everypony is nice to everypony. This episode had a darker atmosphere compared to the previous episodes... hm, now that I think about it, it feels like one of those dramatic fanfics that's on FIMfiction, or whatever. Seeing Pinkie Pie act like kind of a bitch, and Fluttershy turning into an outright asshole made this episode. This is driving the plot with the characters' personalities at its finest.

And how about this reference? They did it better than Family Guy, considering it actually had to do with the storyline of the episode...

@ 16minutes, 22 seconds:

• Brohoof 3

You know that topic in Show DIscussion that says "How would you react if they used 'Buck' like we do?"

In the episode, Fluttershy says: "I don't give a flying feather!" I was suprised, then I laughed for 10 seconds. ^_^

• Brohoof 3

I'll say it here. This episode made the show that much better. As you said, Equestria isn't perfect at all since it's not like everypony is nice to everypony. This episode had a darker atmosphere compared to the previous episodes... hm, now that I think about it, it feels like one of those dramatic fanfics that's on FIMfiction, or whatever. Seeing Pinkie Pie act like kind of a bitch, and Fluttershy turning into an outright asshole made this episode. This is driving the plot with the characters' personalities at its finest.

I just re-read my post... man do I really make so much spelling and grammar mistakes?

Also another thing I've been wondering, how long did it take for Fluttershy to come back out? I must have taken her a while to nail all those planks to her house, and it had been long enough for her trees to die, and for Iron Will to complain about her being overdue! That just makes this episode much more interesting

And how about this reference? They did it better than Family Guy, considering it actually had to do with the storyline of the episode...

@ 16minutes, 22 seconds:

OMG!!! IT'S THE SAME MUSIC!!!

I just re-read my post... man do I really make so much spelling and grammar mistakes?

Also another thing I've been wondering, how long did it take for Fluttershy to come back out? I must have taken her a while to nail all those planks to her house, and it had been long enough for her trees to die, and for Iron Will to complain about her being overdue! That just makes this episode much more interesting

I would estimate that she stayed in there for about a week.

Before that, FS just flipped the bird on both PP and Rarity. To them, this was quite unexpected. And it takes some time to get over that and make up.

I'm kind of lost of the trees dying so quickly, if my previous statement is true. Maybe Fluttershy's kindness is what REALLY drives the plant life to grow around her place.

Awesome episode. Nice to see Derpy hasn't changed, as I spotted her in the crowd and she was still as cross-eyed as always, which makes me think the iTunes episode was a one time thing.

Iron Will is one of the most epic characters introduced in the show, and I really liked assertive Fluttershy too. She's creeping up my favorite pony list now...

I would estimate that she stayed in there for about a week.

Before that, FS just flipped the bird on both PP and Rarity. To them, this was quite unexpected. And it takes some time to get over that and make up.

I'm kind of lost of the trees dying so quickly, if my previous statement is true. Maybe Fluttershy's kindness is what REALLY drives the plant life to grow around her place.

i think that the outward state of her cottage was used to visualise the inward state of her heart as she had realised what she had done in making pinky and rarity cry as she did. also i think pinkie and rarity are strong enough characters to pretty quickly get over the trauma for the sake of their friend who had caused it, and to rectify the situation.

Great references

A continuity nod with the "stare" near the end

Flutterb*tch back in full form, at least for a little while

Anyone notice that when she boarded up her house, the little bird house had a massive board on it too :)