Banner by ~ Sparklefan1234

Requesting Proofreading/Review/Assistance/Writing Help for a Journal-Styled Fic

I would like to request assistance for a story I'm writing. I'm looking for every form of help that I can find: Proofreading, reviewing, idea-making, general commenting, anything.

The story in question is about my primary OC and is loosely based on my own experiences and feelings. Since I've had extremely harsh troubles with trying to get these things off the ground and especially without any assistance, I ask that anyone willing to help be able to stick with me for long periods of time, because that is how long that I may be working on it. I'll be working on and off for probably months on end on this.

The story in question can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1H3URQkwGLD1XlV-MdcTfKrNz7gBPlW8r7t_WkMqCq5A/edit

As it stands, the story is not complete, so do not treat anything as being final. I may or may not add new parts, subtract old parts, divide parts, whatever. Parts of the story will end up being in Dutch, but only about 1% of it. It has to be. And if the medium of text fails me once more, then I can always resort to a medium of illustration, which is something that I have never been done in a very long time.

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk

I'm curious. Where are you going with this story? You say it's loosely based off your own experiences yes? So, what experience is it that you're heading towards? Just...daily life?

I can't say I'm not intrigued, I find life stories to be great ways of understanding people, but I'm just wondering what your intention is, and how much this is supposed to connect to the real you.

I'm curious. Where are you going with this story? You say it's loosely based off your own experiences yes? So, what experience is it that you're heading towards? Just...daily life?

I've been a part of the community for over two years and have made no withstanding attempt at making myself well-known. It's an entirely backwards situation if you compare it with another forum site I'm on (actually, with two forum sites; I'm insanely well-known on two different forum sites).

At best, it's a breakdown of being associated with one community, assimilation with another, and hopes at reintegrating myself with the initial. I've made many friends here, but I've lost many others, and of those many I lost, only about two ever returned. I've contacted a few of them before, but those contacts were short-lived. Being away from this site for far too long due to real life and for being involved on other sites so much has only served to distance myself further, hence all of the Dutch that Gannie is blrubing out. Failing at reintegrating myself with this place only serves to distance myself even further, magnifying the pain.

The story involved serves to explain this personal phenomena to others and to hope to find myself wanting to be a part of this place once again.

If this is too complicatedly sounding, then I blame it on the oversufficiency of the English language. This is the tangent that goes off to me wanting to learn Dutch. English is too Latin-French-Greek for me so I prefer to talk with much simpler words, and if mere words fail, then perhaps I can resort to pictures.

Ah. I get it now. Thanks for that. And I understand you just fine. I don't know what makes you think a resort to pictures would be necessary.

It's just that I've had so much problems with trying to describe visual things through text that, many times before while doing fiction writing, I've many a time wanted to ditch using words altogether. I've found a few writing systems that takes use of rudimentary symbols as opposed to words and the one that I found best was Blissymbolics. Problem is that no one can read Bliss.

Anyway, the thing I'm working on is gonna be a work-in-progress for a very long time so I hope you can keep up for that long.

It's just that I've had so much problems with trying to describe visual things through text that, many times before while doing fiction writing, I've many a time wanted to ditch using words altogether. I've found a few writing systems that takes use of rudimentary symbols as opposed to words and the one that I found best was Blissymbolics. Problem is that no one can read Bliss.

Anyway, the thing I'm working on is gonna be a work-in-progress for a very long time so I hope you can keep up for that long.

Oh. I see. That makes more sense.

Look, I quite often am a rather busy person. As soon as school starts I'll have things to do everyday for weeks. I wanted to help, but I wasn't intending to stick around for too long...

Look, I quite often am a rather busy person. As soon as school starts I'll have things to do everyday for weeks. I wanted to help, but I wasn't intending to stick around for too long...

Well, even so, if you can help out in any way you can, or if you know of someone who can... I'm writing in a very small window of opportunity as well, so...

Well, even so, if you can help out in any way you can, or if you know of someone who can... I'm writing in a very small window of opportunity as well, so...

I don't know anyone else willing enough so, I can try..

Well, I'm planning on adding mundane daily events to the story as well. It's supposed to lead up to Hearths Warming's, more or less.

Alright. Well, just contact me for that. I won't always be on. Before you ask I don't have Skype or anything.