Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Saddest backstory in One Piece?

SilverStarApple

In the Anime series One Piece, who has the saddest Backstory? The Anime, not the Manga.

I think it's Robin. I think that Robin has the saddest backstory in One Piece. Either hers, or Brook's. What about you?

Edited by Asquerade
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

Can we only choose between the crew or can we pick any character's back story? 

If it's the later, then Rebecca/Kyros..(or rather...every member of their family)  

tumblr_n7yo5uN6Ak1qksc3to6_250.gif

No characters...IN ALL OF ANIME....have ever made me cry as much as Rebecca's/Kryos' back story. In fact,  I think the whole of the Dressrosa arc really hit the feels more that any other arc so far. 

If I had to choose between the crew then I'd go for hmmm..Brook's ,  It made me cry a lot...I never expected Brook to have such a sad backstory. 

ydsw3efiltexwdecoyrkayljcsbc6ah4_hq.jpg

Edited by Crescent Light

^The backstory of Kyros really got me, too. When his wife passed away in his arms and he said "I can't even feel her warmth leaving". Dang. That's brutal.

Robin was the one that got me the most, though. Also, Brook's was very sad on the surface, but even worse when you think of how he stayed alone on a ship in the darkness for 50 whole years. o.o

• Brohoof 1

^The backstory of Kyros really got me, too. When his wife passed away in his arms and he said "I can't even feel her warmth leaving". Dang. That's brutal.

Dang it....I cry everytime ;-;

Every member of the royal family had such a horrible past. King Riku being forced to kill his subjects was really difficult to watch TwT 

Edited by Crescent Light

Nico Robin, her entire family and everyone in her homeland was murdered and she was hunted down like an animal ever since then merely for her association with the people of Ohara and her knowledge of the poneglyphs. She had to do shady stuff and even ally herself with Crocodile just to survive.

• Brohoof 1