Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Free-Time in Fillydelphia

qqq

@@Filthy Cropper,

Shamrock chuckles and rugs the back of her head. "Hehe, I don't rightly know. I think we passed the club when we were talking. And thanks for saying that. And I bet my da would have loved to meet you. He would have mad a big meal and talk your ear off." She laughs again. 

@@Gloomfury

"Would you mind if we stayed here for a bit?"  Glacier asked. Before Shamrock had time to reply, Glacier had bolted off across the flat park. Several small bushes lay between her and the hills and she slowed down before she crashed through them. She breathed a sigh of relief after inspecting the bushes; they were thorny. They also contained large blackberries. "Do you want some berries?" Glacier exclaimed after turning to face Shamrock.

@@Filthy Cropper,

Shamrock as a little surprised that Glacier took off like that. But she smiles when she asked about the berries. She brushed some her her mane out of her face and walked up to her. "Sure, I like blackberries." She picked one, tossed it in the air and caught in her mouth and eat it. "Mmh, they're pretty good. And we can stay here as long as you want."

@@Gloomfury

Glacier buried her face in the bushes and began to pick off the berries. She worked her way around some of the thorns but she still recieved the occasional scratch or prick from a stray thorn. When she came out of the bush, she had a short, shallow cut along her top lip. A few beads of blood had started to form. Gently, Glacier licked them away.

After her short meal, Glacier sat down on the grass and looked towards the city. The streets were still fairly quiet and not much was happening. That bugged her. Her life had gone from an action packed battle for survival to a rather calm, sedate and in Glacier's opinion, boring life. SHe gave a despondant sigh and settled down on the ground.

@@Filthy Cropper,

Shamrock noticed Glacier acting downhearted. She walks up to her and sit next to her. "What's the matter, Glacier? Why are ya acting so glum?" She asked with a little worry, thinking that she was bored with her already, after the just got together. Shamrock may have a good deal of confidence, but that doesn't mean she never gets self doubts.

@@Gloomfury

Slowly, Glacier turned her head to look at Shamrock."I'm just thinking," she replied. "It's this city. I've come from the Everfree to Manehatten and it just doesn't feel right. Things are too... pedestrian. Life was much more interesting when every day was a challenge but in the city, it's easy."

Glacier looked off into the distance and sighed again. "In the Everfree, I had to do everything myself and rely on nopony else. But here things are different. If there's food around I can hunt or forage, there's shops every other yard. It's not good for how I want to live life."

She looked into Shamrock's eyes and continued. "My whole life has been dedicated to becoming stronger, tougher and faster. I want to be the most powerful pony I can be. The wilds are the only place that I can truly be powerful. But if we want to stay together, what will we do? Staying in the city means giving up years of hard work, blood and tears. Taking you into the forest means having to see each other wounded or dying." Glacier looked down and a single tear rolled from her eye. "I don't want to see you hurt, physically or mentally but I don't know any other way."

(edited)

Shamrock takes her hat off Glacier's head, then she pulled it to her chest cradling it as she hugs her and strokes her mane soothingly. "Everything going to be alright, darling. You worry to much about things. And you don't have to be in the everfree to be those things.mean, look at me. I grew up on the streets of Detrot and I had to survive on my own. Then I met da, but I still had to get stronger cause I felt so weak on the streets.

During that time everyday was a fight and I'm not just talking about my matches. Detrot is a dangerous place.It's even been compared to the everfree. But with less trees and beasts. So I highly doubt I could get hurt anyway if I go into the everfree.

I don't want to be without you, Glacier. And if you want to go back to the everfree I might want to come with you. But I also have a life back in Detrot. And if you're willing to give it a shot you could come back home with me and give it a try. But if you still miss the everfree... I'll go with you."

Edited by Gloomfury

• 2 weeks later...

@@Gloomfury

(Holy crap. I'm so sorry I didn't post.)

When Shamrock finished speaking, Glacier turned around in her grasp and hugged tightly. "Thank you," she whispered into Shamrock's ear. She made no other sounds for a couple of minutes as she tried to calm herself down. She tried hard to get rid rid of her worries and let reflection on Shamrock's words soothe her but it was hopeless.

Glacier sighed before she spoke, "Please don't judge me on this. I may sound like a feral beast or cruel villain but... the reason I spent time in the Everfree to train as opposed to anywhere else is because I use death as a way to better myself. Ponies can do amazing feats of strength, dexterity and skill but it fascinates me how when their lives are on the line, we're capable of so much more. It seems that, like any creature of any sophistication, we still have some inate, primal urge that allows us to be greater when our life is on the line."

She went to continue with her feelings about the end of life but stopped herself. She realised that she'd just divulged her interest in death to a pony who, less than a day ago, told her about her own father's demise. For the sake of not losing one of the only ponies to have ever cared for her, Glacier stayed quiet.