Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Power Ponies?

Skye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfKEwbGw2P4

So someone found this clip recently! Rainbow Powers confirmed? Who knows!

There has also been a bunch of Rainbow Power merch. Such as...

maxresdefault.jpg

Is this just a silly merch thing? Or do you think this will become canon in the show?

My personal opinion would be the following: Instead of the Elements of Harmony(Since they were given up in S4), inside the box is the ability to give them...rainbow...powers. I guess. I mean, they always create a rainbow when they use the elements, right? I think this is a very possible guess~

What do you guys think?

(also if this is in the wrong place i had no idea where to put this plz don't hurt me)
  • Brohoof 4

Being Hasbro, I'm guessing it's just a marketing thing to sell the toys. Just like  Twilight x Prince Blueblood and their baby Princess Twila

img-2166534-1-sin_t_iacute_tulo_by_phinb

I've heard from numerous people saying that's a photoshop of Princess Skyla.

• Brohoof 2

...Well, darn. If this is Hasbro's idea of a higher transformation, then it looks pretty underwhelming. =/

Not to mention that it makes them look more girly than before, which is what Faust was against.

As was sort of said, I hope this isn't in the season 4 finale.

• Brohoof 2

equestria daily did an article about it too:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/12/rainbow-power-on-mlp-facebook-page.html

1517697_777274545623318_424571899_n.png

I'm sorry, but I really dislike these designs. It looks....unnappealing, I think the worst of it is applejack's mane color and all 6 of them having their cutie mark designs all over their hooves, Rarity also having it in her hair. I just don't like it.

I'm gonna agree with what most people are saying, which is that it's what they get for opening the box, making them power up. At the very least, I hope it's not a permanent transformation.

Edited by Sir Wulfington
  • Brohoof 1

I wonder what exactly the power does?

And I wonder if has anything to do with the box that Twilight found under the Tree of Harmony.

HNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG Fluttershy. AJ is looking good too.

It's probably going to end up in the show somehow. The other major toy series I can think of (Canterlot Wedding,Crystal Empire and Princess Twilight Sparkle) all had show tie-ins. I see no reason this one would be any different.

Being Hasbro, I'm guessing it's just a marketing thing to sell the toys. Just like  Twilight x Prince Blueblood and their baby Princess Twila

img-2166534-1-sin_t_iacute_tulo_by_phinb

That's a photoshop actually. A really bad one.

Thankfully the caption on the twila doll was fake.

As far as the whole "rainbow power"... thing, I'm kinda meh on it.

I have no doubt that this is a marketing ploy, some of you keep forgetting the target demographic and ya'll are not in it.

Its a toy made to appeal to young girls

(which I had the pleasure of giving away my first pony toy to a young girl over Christmas) (but that is another story)

If it becomes canon (Which I suspect it will) then so be it

Edited by Argumedies
  • Brohoof 1

I'd like to point to one fact that did come true from the toy to the show and that was tank

It was found that a turtle was with the Rainbow Dash toys long before find a pet in season two

Its okay... Rarity will still be most fabulous ;)

Edited by Argumedies

Tentative guess is whatever's in the box brings out this transformation, and it helps them deal with some threat in the season finale since they're unable to bake things with the Elements of Harmony anymore. I'm sure it'll be back to looking normal again by the end of the episode. I'd hope so in any case. They look...ungood.

• Brohoof 1

Well I wouldn't get too worked up, I'm guessing that even it were to come to pass, the transformation, I suspect, won't be permanent but more like that during the crystallization in the crystal empire.

Everyone thought the Crystal Pony thing was permanent too, but that ended up being a one-time deal.  So I'm pretty sure this will be temporary too (if that IS what it does).  In the words of Linkara, you might as well call that box the Mac Guffin box.  We know this show.  Ancient powers and magical artifacts are always introduced. But they never have any lasting significance beyond a few episodes and maybe a recurring two-parter.  So I'm sure that it'll be the same with this.

Edited by SBaby

With the suspicious rainbow flashes in "Rarity Takes Manehatten", I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they're coming later...

Danggit, Hasbro, can't you ever keep something a secret?!  :angry:

Edited by Jangobadass

It looks like it could be the mlp equivalent of a super sayan. It could be cool as long as it's temporary. Also with that new picture, let me say that Rainbow Dash looks pretty awesome. Twilight and Rarity look kind of meh but rainbow Dash looks awesome.  

I think the designs look pretty cool.
They are all within the ponies'  color pallets.

Except for Applejack's. Where on Earth did that pink come from? It looks horrid.

I'm pretty amped to see what this means. I doubt they'll stay like that. At most I think this will be the equivalent of them floating/glowing from the EoH. Maybe only when they are in "battle mode" will they transform into this (since they no longer have the EoH.)

I'm ok with it, seems the ending of Rarity Takes Manehattan foreshadows this. Oh and we are starting with the rants so soon? Discord will love this when we get to the finale 

*sigh* Copypasta'd from the other brony forum I lurk on:

Ahem.

Guys, I may have been indirectly responsible for this, just as the masses of human fanart were responsible for Hasbro's decision to do Equestria Girls.

For you see, since 2011, I've been pushing Super Rainbow Dash, a Super Sonic-inspired concept of mine, out there. You may have seen me posting about it here a long while back, btw, only to end up getting ridiculous responses that I didn't quite agree with. Well, at first, I originally intended for her to just be a Sonic crossover in which she uses the Chaos Emeralds, but after seeing numerous fan concepts such as Dr. Whooves going canon, well, I decided to test my luck and see if I could get Super Dash canon as well. In trying to do this, I had to commission and request a LOT of fanart of her from artists, I had to change her so she uses the Elements to transform instead, and building upon that, I had to begin writing this fic in the hopes of getting it on EqD, which I haven't achieved... yet.

All that just to get Hasbro's attention. As a result of doing all of that, btw, Super Dash's popularity grew. I've seen a lot of fanart being done without my knowledge, a bunch of montage videos were posted on YouTube, and two animations of her were made.

So while its not what I wanted, its likely that Hasbro saw all of that and were influenced to come up with their own transformation for all of the Mane Six. And to be frank, I'm underwhelmed by their designs (even with Dash's SSJ3 mane)... IF this is, indeed, their idea of a super form, that is, which we don't know yet for sure.

So in the end, if there's anybody to blame for this, its (probably) me. =/

I'm really interested in what exactly this Rainbow Power is now

The toy line is pretty immense - as a quick youtube search concluded.

RP is also the next wave of blind bags. So, at least in terms of toys, it's not just limited to the mane 6...