Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any thoughts on Coco Pommel or Suri Polomare?

Scootadress

Honestly, I thought Suri was a callback to the iphone's voice thing since its named Suri or something similar. I find her the grown up version of Diamond Tiara, but then again, Suri didn't exactly pick on a disabled pony the way she had done so to win a contest. (Then again, she was all too willing to cheat by copying the same exact clothing and go behind Rarity's back to win. Sounds like they could be sisters.) 

Am I the only one who imagined Suri to be like the woman from Littlest Petshop? There was a woman that was in a dog contest or something and she was just screaming at her assistant to do everything for her dog or something along those lines. I just was so reminded of her. Even when the assistant was fired. Poor girl.

Her voice was annoying, but she's annoying so it didn't change much. I would like to see what happened back in the past when she met Rarity or even get more backstory on her, but that won't happen most likely. I wonder if she cheated the whole time throughout her competitions and was disqualified later? I can't sympathize with her much compared to Lightning Dust or Gilda. I wish I just knew more about her to get some form of sympathy, even if its little. 

Her assistant is a different story. Other than mindlessly loving the background contestant with the blonde mane (Why was I paying attention to her, I don't even know)  I loved seeing Coco Pommel. She was absolutely adorable from her design to her voice and actions. She was like Fluttershy to me...though, I like her more than Fluttershy. (Though Flutterbat is adorable too) I would like to see her more to, I can see her being interesting. I mean, how did they even meet? Was she always this mean to Coco? I mean-even with the way DT acts, she doesn't pick on Silver Spoon. I'm just really happy seeing her, she's just...she's just so adorable. She already has a shipping and a group named after her. (I'm a proud RariCo/Clarity Shipper)

What are your thoughts on the new episode antagonists? 

• Brohoof 2

I loved seeing Coco Pommel because, I was willing to be sympathetic towards her since Suri forced her assistant to help her. She is reminding me of Silver Spoon, but her design is something that I love.

I didn't really know a lot about Suri when they introduced her to us, I can't exactly sympathize with her sadly.

• Brohoof 1

I made a Coco Pommel fanpage on facebook and got over 700 likes in less then 24 hours. I didn't know she was so popular. I really like her she so adorable and has nice characterization. Just look at her!

1383442_466120203494375_1597040141_n_zps

I also like Suri's design even if she was mean I still liked her she was a Rarity's Trixie and Lighting Dust.

Edited by Rappy0
  • Brohoof 3

Why does EVERY antagonist need to be sympathetic.

And i liked Suri for how funny she was, And she made a good counterpart to Rarity.

And Coco is cute but a bit overhyped

Suri is worst pony. Of course, that's subjectively speaking, but hey, still my thoughts :D

Coco was cool, I guess. I liked her, but she isn't horribly memorable.

Suri was Rarity's foil, though; she finally got a foil! God, I've been waiting forever for that :D :D :D 

• Brohoof 1

I made a Coco Pommel fanpage on facebook and got over 700 likes in less then 24 hours. I didn't know she was so popular. I really like her she so adorable and has nice characterization. Just look at her!

1383442_466120203494375_1597040141_n_zps

I also like Suri's design even if she was mean I still liked her she was a Rarity's Trixie and Lighting Dust.

I felt like she lagged (Suri) because there wasn't a real reason to act that way, nor do they show more sympathetic reasons to really understand her.

With Trixie, she didn't exactly cause the whole Ursa Minor bit, that was the fans. She also is a show mare with talents with magic shows. It would be very difficult, unless you lie, to do your job when you have ponies who can do magic. It was also because I felt like they judged her and she showed them up for doing so, and that is why people dislike her. (They disrupted her magic show, she showed them not to. If they didn't like it, they could have walked away) In Magic Duel, even then she didn't mean to commit all that. She wanted revenge, but not the way the amulet made her. (Being that it took control) She was sorry for her actions and she knew she was wrong, and she stepped up. (In her first debut, the others were so OOC because of their reactions in the end.) At least she tried to defeat the Ursa Minor. You can't say that for others.

Lightning Dust tried so hard and took all her might to do what she had to do. She wanted to desperately prove her worth, but didn't cheat in the process or lie about her abilities. In essence, she was faster than Dash and much more reckless, but she wasn't intending to harm anypony. She does try hard, I can sympathize with that. I can even side with her and say that the other Elements were in the wrong in the end because they weren't supposed to be there in the first place. (Its a Military like camp. Why are there civilians?)  While she didn't get kicked out, she is much more able to be sympathized with than Suri was.

The only thing that made me see different was her comment to Rarity, which probably was a lie.

• Brohoof 1

I liked Coco, really, but I think she might be a bit overrated. Still, her design is nice and her voice isn't all that different from other characters Cathy Weseluck has done but it's cute I guess. Not really into the idea of shipping her with Rarity though, I mean it's great that Rarity's generosity rubbed off on her and Rarity let her have the job she was going to take, but I'm just not into that ship. :huh:

As for Suri, I love her look, and her voice is great- I was surprised to see in the credits that it was Tabitha St. Germaine, that episode was some of her best work yet- but she's also one of those characters you just gotta hate, such a thieving conniving thievey-pants! So yeah, I thought she was great on all the levels she was supposed to be. :lol:

• Brohoof 2

I liked Coco, really, but I think she might be a bit overrated. Still, her design is nice and her voice isn't all that different from other characters Cathy Weseluck has done but it's cute I guess. Not really into the idea of shipping her with Rarity though, I mean it's great that Rarity's generosity rubbed off on her and Rarity let her have the job she was going to take, but I'm just not into that ship. :huh:

As for Suri, I love her look, and her voice is great- I was surprised to see in the credits that it was Tabitha St. Germaine, that episode was some of her best work yet- but she's also one of those characters you just gotta hate, such a thieving conniving thievey-pants! So yeah, I thought she was great on all the levels she was supposed to be. :lol:

She's good for a bad pony design, of course lol. She reminds me of someone that I knew in real life that would copy answers in school from other people and copy the exact wording. 

It seems like Coco is the breakout star of the episode.  One of the things I love about this fandom and the series is that every episode inspires something in the fan community- whether it be a new character, a new meme, or whatever.  That is just awesome.

I liked her enough. Her design was very nice, and the rarely used "Fluttershy eyes" were very cute.  But while I wouldn't mind seeing her again in the future, it's not something I'll be clamoring for either. 

As for Suri, she can pretty much go to hell. :P  But I do like that Rarity has her Trixie/Lightning Dust.

• Brohoof 2

Suri Polomare reminded me of that guy from South Park who always says "Mkay?" lol

Cause she was like "It's everypony for herself, mkay?"

But anyway, Suri was kind of....well....a b-word, if you know what I mean...

Coco Pommel looks like a splendid pony, I would like to know more about her and see how she fits in with the rest of the story, I just feel bad for her since she was taken advantaged of by Suri Polomare, here I thought Gilda or Diamond Tiara were rotten to the core, Suri would make them look like Bulk and Skull, stealing designs, wrongfully taking credit and employee exploitation is pretty damn low, Lightning Dust was not this much of antagonist either, she was just reckless and overzealous in her drive to be a Wonderbolt. Coco Pommel did have quite an impact on our fandom, she is the sort of character we would want to know, and see her triumph in her goals. and now that she is working with Rarity we would expect to see and learn more about Coco, and I wouldn't miss it for the world.  

Edited by Emperor Peter

I'd like to see Suri pop up in a later episode, perhaps after her fashion career nosedived cuz Coco quit on her. After all, it was Coco who was sewing and creating all the designs so maybe Suri couldn't actually create without her assistant? The resulting plunge could be character forming; she could learn for herself that cheating doesn't prosper and the only way forward is to be honest.

• Brohoof 1

Suri is worst pony. Of course, that's subjectively speaking, but hey, still my thoughts :D

Coco was cool, I guess. I liked her, but she isn't horribly memorable.

Suri was Rarity's foil, though; she finally got a foil! God, I've been waiting forever for that :D :D :D

I can objectively defend that LOL.

If people wanna talk about garber being a by the numbers bully, i felt suir very formulic.

I hated her,

and not in a fun way.

She wasn't witty, her cruelty wasn't like "Oh that's very memorable" like diamond tiara on scoots.

I'm okay with co co, i was kinda hopping she would came along for an episode while rarit was away just to see something new.

For a second there it felt like the kimi sparkles prophicies were coming true.

To be honest I found Suri Polomare to be just too much like Sunset Shimmer or Trixie (IMO), I loved Coco and found her to be both adorable and interesting, I also was waiting for her to do something like throw coffee in Suri's face everytime Suri said "Fetch me coffee!" Suri wasn't awful just not my favorite antagonist/character.

Not really into the idea of shipping her with Rarity though.

Are you kidding? Coco with Marshmallow is a great mix. *slaps knee*

In all seriousness, I'm not too fond of that ship either. I'd prefer to think that after Coco finishes her designs at Manehatten she'll go to Ponyville to be Rarity's assistant. :D

0/10 would not ship, 10/10 would friend-ship. xP

• Brohoof 1

CoCo Pommel reminded me of Andie from The Devil Wears Prada.She was so obidient,and also very adorable.I think that if they do end up kicking Rarity off to Manehatten,they should give more backstory on Suri and CoCo Pommel.

Suri was just like...Lightning Dust but with a dash of tt I-have-something-stuck-up-my-ass snobbiness.She obviously had an act going on in the beggining like somebody from a movie...

Frozen-Hans.jpg

Also. CoCo Pommel= CoCo Chanel BAMF!

Edited by YayFluttershy
  • Brohoof 2

I definitely wasn't a fan of Suri, since her going behind Rarity's back actually made me rather annoyed/angry. However, I liked her color scheme and the way she talks. But, I absolutely adore Coco, she was so cute and sweet. 

Siri is a character you can't really sympathize. Someone else already said in detail so I won't go overboard.

With Trixie we knew it wasn't her fault for the Ursa Major and the Alicorn Amulet is what caused her to act more wicked. Her attitude is for a show thy in a world I magic would be very hard. She needs to boast to get an audience do in a sense it's what he does.

Lightning Dust wanted to be the best and was willing to push herself to the limits. She didn't realize that her mistakes where causing problems and there was even mention of an alternative ending where she learns her lesson and backs down on her actions.

Siri doesn't have anything going for her other than she will take advantage of others and had no other characteristics that would make me sympathize for her.

As for Coco Pommel, she was a great character. Not only did she see the wrong in what was being done, but was willing to lose her job for the sake of helping Rarity who was being taken advantage of. She hated her job sure, but for a time she believed that this was the way things where and by not actually interacting with the characters, but rather observing them she was able to learn thatyes while there are those that can take advantage of you, there will also be more people out there that are generous and will help those in need. She not only learned this lesson herself, but also passed it on to Rarity.

Also she is adorable as hell :P

• Brohoof 1

Coco Pommel has eyes similar to Fluttershy's but not exactly the same. All in all, her appearence represents her role in the episode very precisely.

Vhat's interesting, she is the one, who learns the friendship lesson of the week. Since Mane Six (even Rarity) didn't need to do it anymore, writers let somepony else to benefit from it.

i rescent the fact co co pommel was cuter than flutters has been the whole damn season.

so it's not like the writing staf for got what cute was.  

maybe that's what flutter shy needs?  some really mean and bit00y boss to work for.

• Brohoof 1