326 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it.
    • Meh, it was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Song was awesome!

Rarity truely showed her generosity. 

I hated Suri Polomare. She is like a changeling, Suri backstabbed Rarity and stealed her dress ideas and her own pattern.

It wasnt good as Power Ponies or Bats! but it was ok as everyother episode :).

Most thing i hate in S4 is why isnt everyone paying attention to Twily. She's a princess after all :/

Edited by Twilightlicous
  • Brohoof 3

Does that make more sense?

No, it doesn`t. But I`m tired of this subject and already said all I had to say.

So, I`ll just say that yes, we disagree.

Just so that I don`t leave this in a sour note, I want to say again that I don`t think that this is intentional. I don`t even think that the writers for the show see this as problem. It`s just comedy to them (and apparently to everyone else besides me).

• Brohoof 1

No, it doesn`t. But I`m tired of this subject and already said all I had to say.

So, I`ll just say that yes, we disagree.

Just so that I don`t leave this in a sour note, I want to say again that I don`t think that this is intentional. I don`t even think that the writers for the show see this as problem. It`s just comedy to them (and apparently to everyone else besides me).

Meh. I think a lot of Rarity fans hate it too, to be perfectly honest here :D I do, it's old and wasn't ever funny to begin with. I just don't think it's abusive, that's all :D Agree to disagree, I guess :D

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 1

125 loved its! Needs more if you ask me. :P

I truly believe that this episode will be counted among the best of the series when all is said and done- not only did it bring Rarity back to center stage again for an episode finally, but it hit all the right notes in character, emotion, and general entertainment value that the rest of the best of the series has done. Truly a remarkable episode, I cannot say enough about it. :D

• Brohoof 3

Why is it that even though Rarity is my least favourite pony, I find her episodes really good?

But seriously, I really loved this episode. It really shows off Rarity's generosity unlike most other moments. If Rarity was more like this, I would like her a lot more.

Also, Coco Pommel, squeeeeee...

Edited by Mars Brownie

This is my favorite episode in the season so far, I just love Rarity so much. <3 

I knew that pink pony would be bad right from the beginning! D< and this episode almost made me cry, I almost cried because of MLP guys. So embarrassing but I seriously loved this episode and felt bad for Rarity.

it was a really great episode, but I wonder why the rainbow thread glowed at the end. :huh:

The colors that the rainbow thread glowed matched the colors that the Tree of Harmony was surrounded by in the season opener. A lot of people think it has something to do with the keys, and I agree.

• Brohoof 1

Hey. One thing I didn't understand was how everyone was talking about the rainbow spool of thread was the first "key" in the chat of the livestream I was watching it on. I asked but everyone was just trolling and spammed the comments with "gak". pls halp

• Brohoof 1

Hey. One thing I didn't understand was how everyone was talking about the rainbow spool of thread was the first "key" in the chat of the livestream I was watching it on. I asked but everyone was just trolling and spammed the comments with "gak". pls halp

Well, at the end of the Season 4 Premiere, Twilight found a mysterious box with six keyholes in it. Of course, that implies one key for each Mane 6 member. Since the rainbow spool of thread glowed at the end, some fans takes this as indication that it will somehow be linked to the key that Rarity needs to find.

• Brohoof 1

Why do I keep having tepid initial reactions to episodes only to warm up to them later? If an episode is good, why can't I see that the first time through? 

I'm not completely sure that I'd fully endorse this as a great episode, though I'd be hard pressed to deny it's good. It took me a few viewings, but I'm coming to like it a lot more than initially. This is one case where intellectually I'm making a really good case to myself in the episode's favor, yet emotionally I'm not quite there. I'll have to think further yet on precisely how much I like this episode. 

I should admit some congratulations are in order. You did it Mr. Polsky, you made a good episode. Honestly, I never thought I'd see the day. Sure, Too Many Pinkie Pies and Daring Don't came close to being good, but didn't quite make it, and I thought that was the best this writer would ever manage. I'm not at the point of liking Polsky as a writer yet, but this raises his average a fair bit.  

Edited by ByTheTides

I should admit some congratulations are in order. You did it Mr. Polsky, you made a good episode. Honestly, I never thought I'd see the day. Sure, Too Many Pinkie Pies and Daring Don't came close to being good, but didn't quite make it, and I thought that was the best this writer would ever manage. I'm not at the point of liking Polsky as a writer yet, but this raises his average a fair bit.

Really? I loved too many Pinkie Pies. Polsky made a great episode! I also don't think he has ever written Rarity before(correct me if I'm wrong). Even if maybe generosity was a little too over obsessed about in this episode, but I was thinking, doesn't rarity make a big deal about pretty much everything? So that makes sense that she would make a big deal about being generous.

For some reason I really like when Suri says "And that's how it's done". Reminds me of your typical fashion loving villian.

Heh, yeah I guess. I really liked Suri's voice though, Tabitha St. Germain did a great job voicing her overall. :)

I feel Suri is very underrated though, I think she made for an awesome anti-Rarity, equivalent to how Trixie was the anti-Twilight imo. Seems Coco stole all her spotlight though, she's great too but it's kind of a shame really. >_>

• Brohoof 1

I don't know if anyone mentioned this but I noticed it and laughed so hard!!! Did anyone else notice the Grumpy Cat pony??? Omg that is what made this episode for me. I am starting to wonder if they have a piece of internet pop culture in each episode. I know for the Pinkie Apple Pie episode they included what seemed like Slenderpony.

2cqcodc.png

• Brohoof 3

Saw this episode again tonight.

So far, shows this season have all looked far better upon repeat viewing (to me). This one now ranks as one of my favorites of the series.