Nohbdy

S04:E08 - Rarity Takes Manehattan  

326 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it.
    • Meh, it was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

This was a great episode in every respect. Other than the song being less than catchy in my opinion, the whole episode was very memorable. I loved how they considered the concept of manipulation and how that shouldn't stop us from being generous anyway.

• Brohoof 1

I loved this episode, slightly because Rarity is my favourite pony but majorly because this was the most decently paced episode of the season thus far. While "Generosity" felt like it went on a bit too long, the whole episode was full of great stuff. I loved Suri though, she was a very well done antagonist especially for only appearing in one episode, that's such a short amount of time to characterise.

• Brohoof 2

Congratulations, Dave Polsky. I might think that you are always a "hit or miss" writer, but this time you definitely nailed it.

Hard to believe that the same writer who wrote the bland, witless Flight to the Finish episode wrote Rarity Takes Manehattan eh? I think so, anyhow

• Brohoof 1

This reminded me of how adorable Rarity's faces were in this episode, though :wub::D

I mean, S4 has been showing off a lot of new facial expressions, but Rarity's were simply amazing in this episode :wub::D

I don't know why but I really loved that moment at the very beginning of episode when Twilight asked Rarity about tickets, their facial expressions and voice intonation were just perfect. "I could. I do" :wacko:

• Brohoof 2

The episodes have all been fantastic since the fifth one!  This season is off to a really good start.  Rarity may be my least favorite character, but I always loved her episodes for some reason.  Everything was perfect here, and let's not forget Coco!  I love Coco :wub:

• Brohoof 3

For a Rarity episode it was great, it was also nice to see a slice of life episode again in season four, it is also very relatable to me, for I know what its like to commute to a large city from a small town, my tolerance for the city has waned due to my military service, the anxiety of city life can really anger me. I have been in Rarity's position before, where somepony like Suri Polomare takes advantage of someone, and other pernicious acts of corruption like plagiarism, insider trading and employee abuse can and does happen, yet to see Rarity prevail over such adversity was pleasing to see, despite her former friend stealing her design. Rarity would come close to being like Suri, when she began to talk to her friends in an aggressive manner, and her frustration and tension was vented onto her friends, nevertheless the mane six came through for they are good friends to Rarity. Coco Pommel was an excellent character and was a great friends to Rarity, since Rarity had shown such great generosity her, I would so desire to see Coco again, so I think this was a solid episode, and no matter what adversity we might face in the city, the love we make is equal to the love we get, any random acts of kindness we give or receive is pure, plus it is interesting to see what can happen when kindness backfires, which we never get to see in modern animated TV shows, there are unintended consequences of being generous in a competitive business, Rarity Takes Manehattan has become my second favourite Rarity episode and I will revisit more often, tune in next week for "Pinkie Apple Pie".           

• Brohoof 2

The episode finally put the spotlight on rarity and the was good. But there was something in that episode that intrigued me the most. The Ribbion that was in the crowed the roped off the seats and the fasion stage and the spool of rainbow thread. 

Now this could mean one of two things. Either it is foreshadowing the next episode or some next episode,  pointing towards rainbowdash and that she might have the next show's spotlight.

Or it is a signal of wholeness. She was coming to recognize what she had done. The very last scene shows the threads on the shelves, their was a spool of thread for each of the ponies, the colors matching their coats. Then it showed the rainbow thread. I am guessing that Rarity, along with everyone else with do the same exact thing. There will be a thing at the end of the next few episodes that will foreshadow like the thread did.

What I am trying to explain is that all of them will get the spotlight, recognize something, and then they will all become princesses just like twilight.  It's going to happen, and I wouldn't be surprised if it did. Especially after what they pulled in the last episode of season 3. I cannot explain why, but I feel this is what will happen. They animators are just laughing at us, waiting to see are reactions. And as of now, you might push of this possibility and shun it. But just wait and see. You never, in no possible way expected twilight to turn into a princess, but it happened. The rest of them is not far off.

AND THIS IS WHY RARITY IS BESTEST PONY!!

I am so glad they didn't screw this episode up like others this season.

As I've said many times before, Rarity is the most balanced character in the show.

• Brohoof 2

This is a episode we really needed.

A break from all the adventure crazy stuff and back to the slice of life formula. I was particularly interested in the world building seeing Manehattan. Its great seeing a difference in location.

• Brohoof 5

I will say for a Rarity episode, even though she's not my favorite out of the mane 6, I did enjoy the episode and loved the songs and story. The antagonist, Suri wasn't really what I enjoyed, she seemed like a generic villain and I didn't really care for that, I did enjoy seeing Rarity struggle with being overly generous and then being extremely forceful and needy. I also enjoyed seeing the antagonist's assistant try and make up for what occurred and Rarity offering her the job of fashion assistant to the musical's director. All in all a good episode which mainly featured Rarity, hopefully they'll be more episodes with Rarity in the future. 9/10! also liked the bit with Applejack being honest and Rainbow saying "Man AJ, I know your thing is honesty, but that's harsh." 

PS: Manehattan is awesome!! I totally would go there if I lived in Equestria!

Edited by MLPFanatic34
  • Brohoof 1

I felt the moral in this episode was very good. That just because someone takes advantage of you that doesn't mean you should quit your beliefs.

The assistant pony made this episode even better, arguably the best episode this season I think. 

• Brohoof 2

they will all become princesses just like twilight.

taVtwhj.jpg

I really hope not. It's bad enough that the writers can't even get Twilight-being-a-Princess right. It already looks stupid to people that cab-drivers in Manehattan are being indifferent to Twilight in spite of her being an Alicorn-Princess. Oversights like that are gonna really look stupid with all of them being Alicorn-Princesses.

Edited by JonPear