Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

did no one else notice the GRUMPY CAT CUTIEMARK?!?

derpykitten

Yeah, I noticed the Grumpy Cat cutie mark. I think it was a reference to something, forgot what it was referenced to though.

post-4006-0-40099900-1390732196_thumb.png

Wow, I'm just missing shit left and right here. Didn't even notice that guys' cutie mark. That's pretty funny xP

I for one am not at all bothered by pandas being thrown. They're fluffy. I find it cute how people in here make it sound like the worst thing in the world, and that it's ending the show for them, practically. Limitless amusement. But hey, it's not my life. I bare thee all good luck in hopes you find a show that doesn't bother to interact with it's fans whatsoever :3 Meanwhile, here I am, still enjoying things as I always have.

• Brohoof 1

attachicon.gifThisIsGrumpyCat.png

Wow, I'm just missing shit left and right here. Didn't even notice that guys' cutie mark. That's pretty funny xP

I for one am not at all bothered by pandas being thrown. They're fluffy. I find it cute how people in here make it sound like the worst thing in the world, and that it's ending the show for them, practically. Limitless amusement. But hey, it's not my life. I bare thee all good luck in hopes you find a show that doesn't bother to interact with it's fans whatsoever :3 Meanwhile, here I am, still enjoying things as I always have.

Oh that's right the grumpy cat meme, never bad to have some references now and again. :P

• 4 months later...

*sigh* This is when I paused the episode, hit up my pal on Skype and said "The ride is over."

This is pandering. I hate it. The show needs to stay free of shout-outs to internet culture and especially to us. I miss the season 1 and 2 days.

Yes, those were the good old days when they didn't do things like pointlessly place the CMC in a bowling alley so they could show the ponified versions of Big Lebowski characters or blantantly mirror the ending of Star Wars right down to the the matte paintings. Oh wait...

It's just a harmless Easter egg in the background that doesn't disrupt the episode. How can you possibly be bothered by this (and then claim season 1 & 2 didn't bother you)?

• Brohoof 1

I saw it when I saw the episode. I would say that people shouldn't be bothered over it since we are not aware of why it was included; it probably was not done with any fans in mind but it could be something that the animators put in for their own amusement.

If I was the Pony I'd be bothered by it. Can't imgagine having to live with that cutie mark all my life ;)

(edited)

I hate it too, a cutie mark represents a pony's destiny. It shouldn't be a way for the writers to make easter eggs. >_>

Edited by Blobulle

9rp5m.jpg 

I got quite a kick out of the grumpy cat cutie mark, it may be a reference for older watchers who keep up with this stuff, and the few young who do as well. I certainly hope MLP does more like this in the future!

While I did notice the cat mark it never actually occurred to me that it was an internet reference. I didn't remember grumpy cat until several people here brought him up. Frankly, now that I think about it, it was quite funny and if you feel otherwise, what's the big deal? It's a harmless Easter egg that you only see for a few seconds.