Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Theory about the titles of episodes with keys

Anilewe

It's just my simple theory about the episodes with keys. I think that episodes, in which they will find them have Main 6 names in the titles. Just think about it! We had 'Rarity takes Manehatten' in which Rarity had a conflict with her element and it looks like she found her key. Soon we will get the episode called 'Rainbow Falls' and if what synopsis says is true, then it's gonna be about loyalty. And 'Pinkie Pride' where Pinkie Pie has to defend her status as a party pony.

Edited by Anilewe
  • Brohoof 6

The titles could probably show that these are going to be the challenges that they will have to overcome, so that they can learn from their mistakes and not make the same mistakes. The conflicts will lead to them learning a lesson, so that they can find their respective key.

• Brohoof 3

That may well be true and it does have a certain symmetry, cliche or not.

I wouldn't dislike it if such were the case, either.

Think of it like this. Based on Rarity Takes Manehatten, it's clear that the 6 keys will be awarded when the Mane 6 overcome a conflict which puts their element at risk. Rarity's element was generosity, and when something happened and generosity seemed detrimental rather than beneficial, Rarity went against her element. The key was awarded when she realised the generous way out.

It's obvious based on the synopses that Rainbow Falls will be Rainbow's test, and Pinkie Pride will be Pinkie's.

In Rainbow Falls, Rainbow's loyalty to her friends will somehow hold her back when she is competing for a position in the games. She will need to overcome an internal conflict based on her dreams being held back by her nature. When she does, and realises how to be loyal and achieve her goals, her key will be rewarded.

In Pinkie Pride, Pinkie's purpose in life of making people happy will be put at risk when somepony does it better than her. Only by overcoming her pride can she continue to carry out her task of bringing laughter to others. Then she will get her key.

Honesty is something that can backfire easily enough. Kindness will be difficult without making Fluttershy's episode dangerously close to Rarity's (being too kind results in being walked on. The only negative I can think of.).

But Twilight, I don't even know how it could be done. Twilight is Magic, and by proxy Friendship (friendship is magic). Magic backfires easily enough, but solving an issue related to magic doesn't really teach us anything, so we should assume Twilight's conflict will be one of Friendship itself. But I don't see what plot could completely destroy Twilight's faith in friendship's magic that hasn't already been done. It will have to be an external conflict which attacks Friendship, and destroys everypony elses faith in it, because I cannot see how Twilight would ever lose faith in Friendship. Some enemy is going to have to come- a spirit of hatred itself- that makes everypony in Equestria be hostile towards everypony else, or some thing to destroy Equestrian faith in friendship.

Depending on how they do it, Twilight might even end up stuck solving it all by herself. But whether by herself or with help, Twilight will solve the conflict somehow and restore everypony's faith in friendship, and then The key is Friendship. Twilight and her friends then open the box (and become rainbowified *shudders*) and defeat hatred and animosity itself.

After defeating the conflict and proving herself the true master of friendship and harmony, the plot will then carry on to fulfill Lauren Faust's original intent. That is, Twilight becomes ruler of Equestria with Celestia and Luna backing out to regulate more attentively the Harmony of the natural world, as was their original duty, leaving Twilight to govern ponykind.

Holy frick, this could be the last season...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

post-20133-0-94414700-1388977157_thumb.jpg

Edited by BalanceBrony
  • Brohoof 6

Wow that's impressive! Bravo and Brohoof! Twilight isn't as easy to pinpoint, but perhaps her own statement that her new role will force her to take on new challenges and their friendships might be tested will be her challenge.

If that's true than Twilight's episodes would have been Princess Twilight Sparkle 1 & 2. Interesting theory though.

Part of me can see this happening.

Not only with the name of the episode - but the fact that the theme was in tact.

You had Twilight, who focuses on friendship and magic.

That's two - not one like the others have.

The first two episodes focused on the conflict of where she stood with her friends. It was about how they share a bond that goes beyond the EoH.

You will note that the same flash of the Mane 6's colors (that was in Rarity's episode) was also the same flash we saw when Twilight got rid of the tree roots and the same flash of colors when the box appeared.

However, if this is the case then there would only be 5 keyholes, since that was Twilight's "moment".

But,Twilight has friendship and magic, so I am guessing magic is going to be the sole player in the finale...or whenever she gets her key (which will likely be last)

Edited by Razzmataz
  • Brohoof 1

Think of it like this. Based on Rarity Takes Manehatten, it's clear that the 6 keys will be awarded when the Mane 6 overcome a conflict which puts their element at risk.

That's what I was thinking as well, and I agree with pretty much your whole post.

Putting Your Hoof Down already featured Fluttershy with the topic of being so kind you get walked on, so it would be a rehash of even more than just Rarity's episode. A rather dark view of kindness would be a situation where there's more wrong than one pony can possibly fix, such as overpopulation and/or resource starvation, which could definitely come up for an animal caretaker.

And for Twilight, we already have a spirit of hatred lurking in the castle that she'll most likely be moving in to, so there are all sorts of possibilities for what could happen. I think I've written elsewhere that my theory is either Twilight or Celestia will be Nightmare-fied. And either of those could give Twilight her friendship problem. Celestia dividing the country and Twilight fixing it, or Twilight trying to take over, and the others defeating her with friendship (which would naturally involve Twilight defeating herself in the end).

In any case, I'm still going to ragequit if Celestia is gone from Equestria by the end. But if they're giving Twilight a different castle already, I think there's much less risk of that happening.

Surely this won't be the final season. Unless they really screw things up, the fandom would probably make another if Hasbro doesn't :lol:

This is looking pretty likely. I like this idea and what people have come up with in this thread so far. I'm getting more excited about Rainbow Falls and Pinkie Pride now because of this~ :yay:

It is an interesting theory. Us Bronies are clever, eh?! Although I'm kind of annoyed, because I wanted the grand finale-ness to be a surprise for once.

I have no doubt that the rainbow spool of thread has something to do with that mysterious box, and Rarity's own element. Such power. Much magic. Wow.

I am SO excited for Rainbow Falls. You don't even know. I think it's cos it's a Dashie episode but... Still! This theory makes me itching to see it! Also, looking forward to Pinkie Apple Pie. That song <3 maybe that's Applejack's "lesson"?

Edited by Dashabel

I am SO excited for Rainbow Falls. You don't even know. I think it's cos it's a Dashie episode but... Still! This theory makes me itching to see it! Also, looking forward to Pinkie Apple Pie. That song <3 maybe that's Applejack's "lesson"?

Honestly, I doubt that it's Applejack's lesson, but it's still possible :) I wonder if they all will find their keys in different places. It could be really interesting! 

Interesting theory! But there's one thing that bothers me in it: We haven't seen any actual keys yet in any of these episodes. Are you suggesting that the keys will be "disguised" as something else? Like that rainbow spool of threads in case of Rarity? The rainbow-colored shine of light was quite suggestive and I immediately associated it with the Elements and their power, and it would quite fit that this was the moment she reconnected with her Element. But I still don't see how a spool of threads could be used as a key to The Box.

• Brohoof 2

Interesting theory! But there's one thing that bothers me in it: We haven't seen any actual keys yet in any of these episodes. Are you suggesting that the keys will be "disguised" as something else? Like that rainbow spool of threads in case of Rarity? The rainbow-colored shine of light was quite suggestive and I immediately associated it with the Elements and their power, and it would quite fit that this was the moment she reconnected with her Element. But I still don't see how a spool of threads could be used as a key to The Box.

you answered it, there disguised. we've seen twilight do transmog magic so its possible

Hmm........titles for the episodes with keys...........

I think it's pretty much of a stretch for me to figure them out but if there are going to be titles for them, these are the ones that I'd suggest:

Twilight Sparkle: Everlasting Magic; Pinkie Pie: Happy Ever Laughter; Rarity: Boundless Generosity; Fluttershy: Kindness of Others; Applejack: Honest to Goodness; Rainbow Dash: A Question of Loyalty

Pretty much, the titles I suggested would center around the elements of Twilight and her friends and have their elements of friendship tested and pushed to their limits so that they prove themselves worthy of the gift that the Tree of Harmony gave to them in the season 4 premiere for returning the Elements of Harmony to their rightful birthplace and have them be rewarded with the keys to the mystery chest for the lessons they learned from those tests.

The are definitely disguised. I feel like this is a better option than them finding actual keys. in this sense it makes the keys hold more worth - they aren't simply keys to a boy, but keys to the ponies themselves that represent something about their traits/personality.

Plus, it's always fun seeing what they are and how they relate to the mane 6's experiences.

Hmm........titles for the episodes with keys...........

I think it's pretty much of a stretch for me to figure them out but if there are going to be titles for them, these are the ones that I'd suggest:

Twilight Sparkle: Everlasting Magic; Pinkie Pie: Happy Ever Laughter; Rarity: Boundless Generosity; Fluttershy: Kindness of Others; Applejack: Honest to Goodness; Rainbow Dash: A Question of Loyalty

Pretty much, the titles I suggested would center around the elements of Twilight and her friends and have their elements of friendship tested and pushed to their limits so that they prove themselves worthy of the gift that the Tree of Harmony gave to them in the season 4 premiere for returning the Elements of Harmony to their rightful birthplace and have them be rewarded with the keys to the mystery chest for the lessons they learned from those tests.

Interesting titles. But keep in mind that it's been pretty heavily implied that this was Rarity's episode, and if you read the synopses for Pinkie Pride and Rainbow Falls, they center around Pinkie and Dashie's elements respectively. The theory in this thread was positing that, based on this knowledge, that the Key episodes will have the character's name in it.

I would go even further and say that the names imply the conflict as well. Rarity Takes Manehatten (how generous). Rainbow Falls, becoming lower than her normal self by forgetting loyalty. Pinkie Pride, where Pinkie will prove to be egotistical in thinking that she is the only one worthy and capable of making everypony smile, and when that ego is assaulted, her pride begins to eat her alive.

So here is where I stand in terms of the true purpose of the thread (the titles). The titles of the key episodes will have A) The name of the character involved and B ) Some hint at what the conflict of character is.

And I have a guess about the name of Twilight's episode: "The Twilight of Friendship"

Edited by BalanceBrony
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Interesting titles. But keep in mind that it's been pretty heavily implied that this was Rarity's episode, and if you read the synopses for Pinkie Pride and Rainbow Falls, they center around Pinkie and Dashie's elements respectively. The theory in this thread was positing that, based on this knowledge, that the Key episodes will have the character's name in it.

I would go even further and say that the names imply the conflict as well. Rarity Takes Manehatten (how generous). Rainbow Falls, becoming lower than her normal self by forgetting loyalty. Pinkie Pride, where Pinkie will prove to be egotistical in thinking that she is the only one worthy and capable of making everypony smile, and when that ego is assaulted, her pride begins to eat her alive.

So here is where I stand in terms of the true purpose of the thread (the titles). The titles of the key episodes will have A) The name of the character involved and B ) Some hint at what the conflict of character is.

And I have a guess about the name of Twilight's episode: "The Twilight of Friendship"

Exactly :) I think you're right. But the only way to find out is probably just to wait until the rest of titles will be known. 

Also, a lot of people believe that Fluttershy's fang from Bats! was her key, but I don't think so. Firstly, it's rather impossible (or rather painful) to remove her fang and use it as a key. I think it was just a gag from writers. Secondly, we knew that Rarity probably found her key, when we saw that rainbow light on the spool of thread. It was a symbol. We will know when the rest of Mane 6 will find their keys.

+ Happy Ever Laughter is a great title for episode about Pinkie  :yay:

Edited by Anilewe
  • Brohoof 2

Then I like this theory even more, and I'll tell you why:

In my personal head canon before Season 4 came out, I had a story of how Celestia and Luna found the original Elements of Harmony to beat Discord. They found an ancient legend that there is some power which can restore Harmony every time it is disturbed. Yeah, you guessed it: the Elements of Harmony (what else?). Finding them is not an easy feat, but they needed them to beat Discord and restore Harmony, so they decided to embark on a quest to find those Elements. During their journey they needed to overcome lots of obstacles and prove they're worthy. Each of the Elements materialized before them only after they mastered the particular virtue in themselves related to the Element they've been searching for, proving they truly represent their spirits. Those spirits they've found in themselves "crystallized" as the Elements we know from Season One's first two episodes.

Unfortunately, Season 4 has broken this canon, since Luna & Celestia simply took the original elements from the Tree of Harmony :-P They didn't have to prove anything, they didn't have to collect them one by one; just came there and found them all in one place. What a pity... :-P

But now, when Mane Six relinquished their Elements back to the Tree of Harmony, and we have that mysterious Box urging for even more mysterious keys, this opportunity can be used again. I would be very happy to see the struggle Mane Six can have to find the true spirits of the Elements inside them. Not just to become aware of this mechanism (which already happened in Season 1), but to fully understand it.

The same reason motivated me once to propose a "game" for every Brony of finding the Elements of Harmony in our Human World (edit: NOOO!! SOMETHING HAS CUT MY POST IN HALF! ;-@) Well, not the material ones, but those "spirits" which are represented by those gemstones and are their essence. Seasons 1 to 3 were suggesting that this is how the Elements actually work in the first place; that it's not about those blinker stones, but their spirits which Mane Six represent themselves. Such a quest for the Elements could be a very learning experience, and it might be a great adventure, too.

Edited by SasQ