Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Theory about the titles of episodes with keys

Anilewe

Hey guys. Get this. I was just on the wiki and it seems like the key episodes are every other episode, starting with "Rarity Takes Manehatten."

It goes Rarity Takes Manehatten, then Pinkie Apple Pie, then Rainbow Falls, then Three's a Crowd, then Pinkie Pride. Interesting, huh?

New episode titles have been released guys. Episode 16 is called Twilight Time. What conflict do you think it could be? Perhaps time travel again, of Twilight going to some event important to friendship? Maybe even going back to Starswirl the Bearded, who we know struggled with friendship? What other things do you think it could be? Though I would bet plenty of money that Twilight Time is Twilight's key episode, which I find fascinating, since it implies Twilight's key won't be the final one.

• Brohoof 2

Perhaps time travel again, of Twilight going to some event important to friendship? Maybe even going back to Starswirl the Bearded, who we know struggled with friendship? What other things do you think it could be? Though I would bet plenty of money that Twilight Time is Twilight's key episode, which I find fascinating, since it implies Twilight's key won't be the final one.

I dunno... Honestly, it would be anything. But if it's really episode with Twilight's key, then I'm really suprised. I was so sure, that she will get it as the last one. 

I started to wonder, who will get the last key :) It looks like it will be Applejack or Fluttershy. This season gets better and better! 

Very interesting theory. I actually thought of the exact same thing earlier. We had Rarity Takes Manehattan which was all about Rarity's generosity. Rainbow Falls sounds like it could tie into Rainbow Dash's loyalty quite nicely, and Pinkie Pride is all but sure to be about her laughter. Twilight Time's episode synopsis has not yet been revealed, but we can assume it might have something to do with magic like many other Twilight episodes. Now I'm anxiously waiting for the Fluttershy and Applejack titles. ;)

Rarity's rainbow spool of thread has to be her "key." We've seen many times already that the rainbow symbolizes the friendship of the Mane Six, hence all of the rainbow blasts of doom whenever the elements of harmony are at play. Perhaps the other keys will also feature a rainbow? Only time will tell. :)

What if AJ's is the next one? Pinkie isn't related, but is really happy and if AJ days something Pinkie would be devastated. This could be AJ's element challenge. It's good to be honest even if it hurts, because they'll find out eventually. Pinkie would find out, and AJ would learn her lesson.

• Brohoof 2

What if AJ's is the next one? Pinkie isn't related, but is really happy and if AJ days something Pinkie would be devastated. This could be AJ's element challenge. It's good to be honest even if it hurts, because they'll find out eventually. Pinkie would find out, and AJ would learn her lesson.

I had the same idea, and it's certainly possible. Apple is in the title and AJ's official spelling is AppleJack, so given the title has some hint of conflict, and "Apple" in the name from AppleJack, it fits to the theory here as well, plus you are quite right. Something like this could definitely cover the notion of "sometimes honesty can hurt," as well, one of the many ways honesty can backfire.

Edited by BalanceBrony

well we're about one third of the way though of the season done and we should have seena  key by now.  Unless we are seeing it, and not knowing we're seeing it.

I mean even if they got to see a key and failed to get it, it would have been a start.

Course the head canon of the keys being something other than keys is gonna die pretty fast when we get our first key.

Should be neat to see how many red hairing are floating around by seasons end.

• 2 months later...

Exactly :) I think you're right. But the only way to find out is probably just to wait until the rest of titles will be known. 

Also, a lot of people believe that Fluttershy's fang from Bats! was her key, but I don't think so. Firstly, it's rather impossible (or rather painful) to remove her fang and use it as a key. I think it was just a gag from writers. Secondly, we knew that Rarity probably found her key, when we saw that rainbow light on the spool of thread. It was a symbol. We will know when the rest of Mane 6 will find their keys.

+ Happy Ever Laughter is a great title for episode about Pinkie  :yay:

I've been watching this season over and over again, and I believe I have the answer. And I'm sorry, but the clues are not in the titles. Although, the episodes where the clues are are usually character specific episodes. So far, I believe four of the keys have already been found, and I will tell you about them now. They are all related to each pony's virtue, and they are also tying into the toy theme this season, RAINBOW POWER! And that is the major clue to the artifacts. Some have been thinking too linier with the keys, that they would actually be keys, but don't you remember? When the girls had the Elements of Harmony, they looked different than when Princess Celestia used them against her sister in the past. They changed form to match the cutie marks of the girls. But the girls don't need the elements anymore, because their virtues make them the elements. And it is their virtues that will lead to the keys.

In Rarity Takes Manehatten, her generosity causes her competition to steal her designs. But Coco has issues with this, especially with the way she was being treated. In the end, Coco tells Rarity the truth, and gifts her the thread, where we see the first rainbow shimmer.

The next one is Rainbow Falls, where Rainbow Dash must choose between her Ponyville relay team, or her idols from the Cloudsdayle team. When she ultimately chooses to stay with her team (loyalty), and qualifies, she receives a medal. At the end, we see the rainbow shimmer again.

The third one is Pinkie, in Pinkie Pride. She didn't give up her partying because she thought she was being upstaged, then they threw an awesome party (Laughter) and Cheese gave her Boneless, which then shimmers.

Finally, we come to Fluttershy. No, it's not the fang, although I do believe that that may come into play again in another episode, but for another reason. No, Fluttershy's episode was It ain't easy being breezies. She learned that in order to help the Breezies, she had to do what they might now want to want to, but she had to (kindness). And Seabreeze gave her the flower, which then shimmered.

If this is the case, and the pattern is to continue, we shall soon see Applejack's honesty totem, and finally Twilight's Magic totem, whatever they may be.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Good call, SBaby. AppleJack's totem has been received. In Leap of Faith, once she tells the truth, her eyes sparkled with rainbows, and then she gets a coin from Flim Flam helper, and it shines after Apple writes her journal, and as she is walking towards the water.