Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has S4 changed your opinion of S3?

Black Licorice

Well, season 3 being an abomination is your opinion.  I personally liked it a whole lot, even considered it the best season.  Season 4 is incredible, but I don't understand how it could change my opinion on a complete different season.  

Edited by notdog1996
  • Brohoof 1

In all honesty, it hasn't changed my opinion at all.  I really didn't have any huge problems with Season 3 as a season.  There were a couple individual points that I thought could have been done better (such as the fact that the finale should have been two parts), but overall it never really bothered me. 

And the irony of it is that I should be worried about what happens in the future epsodes, because it directly affects not only the show, but something that I'm doing.  But I'm not worried, because I know the show will work itself out, and what I'm doing can be adjusted accordingly.

• Brohoof 2

I think S4 makes S3 just look plain bad :D Even worse than it already was, just because of the strength this season has. This is one of the best seasons ever, and there's only been one episode I did not thoroughly enjoy.

S3 had its strong points, but far too many weak points to be considered, in my eyes, "good." S4 is GREATLY redeeming the many weak points I feel S3 had, and, by comparison, making it look weaker by doing so, at least through my eyes.

Keep in consideration, though, this isn't a completely objective opinion; I still feel S3 was much weaker than the others, but my subjective side makes it worse than it actually is; hint, all of the "In my eyes" and "In my opinions" found throughout this reply :D

• Brohoof 4

I like S4 waaay better than S3, at least so far. Probaly beacause S3 was so short and had so boring episodes i never actually liked any of the episodes except the Babs Seed one, that one was so touching. Btw, in wich way would S4 change my opinion on S3?

Edited by Trolzilolz

Well I don't think season 3 was as good as seasons 1 and 2, I don't think it was to the level of abomination. I save that term for stuff I really hate. But I do think season 4 is doing great and so far better than season 3. There hasn't been an episode I didn't like yet this season.

• Brohoof 1

Season 3 will always be the worse season a mediocre premiere and a finale that was rushed and that could have been fixed easily w/o making it 2 parts. Only a few episodes that I would like to love to re-watch it just doesn't hold up to any of the other season especially season 2. How is this season supposed to change my opinion on the last one?

Every season will have issues that they have to deal with. All of them. None of them are perfect. Season 3 seems to be a very touchy topic with bronies for whatever reason. I didn't think any differently of it compared to the other 2 seasons. To answer the question, no, season 4 has no changed my opinion about season 3.

• Brohoof 1

I still think season 3 is the worst season so far, but I still liked watching it. I just didn't enjoy it as much as s1 or s2 and now s4. Still it wasn't terrible and definitely not an abomination in my opinion. Just a little rushed perhaps :P

The only thing Season 4 has done so far regarding season 3 is highlight how much of a problem Princess Twilight is, especially in episodes like Rarity Takes Manehattan. I knew that they'd have the problem dealing with the elephant in the room.

I never really liked season 3, and if anything season 4 only makes it look worse.

Edited by hawkflame
  • Brohoof 3

Not really, no. Season 3 is still freaking incredible for the first half of it and something of a mess for the second half, and nothing that happens in S4 will change that. For the time being I actually greatly prefer Season 3.

I never had a problem with season 3, in fact I really liked it. One thing about season 4 is that it's so different from any other season so far. So far these season 4 episodes have been so off-the-wall, it's almost as if each episode is trying to one-up it's predecessor in craziness (one exception being the CMC episode). 

In some ways I feel like their wasting some great ideas. I mean, instead of having Daring Do be real, why not do and episode on writers block or something? That would be far more interesting than the crazy sound and light show we got.

So I guess you could say that season 4 changed my perspective on season 3 in the sense that it made me realize how much more grounded season 3 is.

Edited by WWAPD

The only opinion of mine that has changed is my opinion on Princess Twilight. They've been handling it okay, and it isn't as bad as I thought it was at the end of S3. My opinion on S3 hasn't changed, and I still think its the worst season. S4 is only one step above S3 in my opinion. I don't think my opinion will change, at least for S3.

The only thing Season 4 has done so far regarding season 3 is highlight how much of a problem Princess Twilight is, especially in episodes like Rarity Takes Manehattan. I knew that they'd have the problem dealing with the elephant in the room.

I never really liked season 3, and if anything season 4 only makes it look worse.

Magician Mystery Cure is one of my favorite episodes, but I can't say I like one season more than another. I just like certain episodes.

David Polsky's feelings make it pretty clear, if he's representative of the other writers, that they feel she's being developed fine. We'll see.

Edited by Nature's Spell

@@Black Licorice,

TBH, I still find S3 lackluster, rushed, and with only maybe 2 or 3 gems. Which is actually a lot given it was such a SHORT season.

Has S4 changed that? No, it just shows what could've been done if they'd actually took the time to work on S3 a bit more. IMO S4 is going strong too. Its had touching moments, some interesting new characters, and is right back on the flow that the series held before. 

• Brohoof 1

Not at all. Season 4 started off rather slow, in my opinion. The premiere was great, but then Castle Mania and Flight to the Finish were just...okay. Don't get me wrong, every episode since Power Ponies has been fantastic, and it's nice to see that the season is finally picking up the pace. Anyways, I personally loved Season 3. It had (in my opinion) some of the best episodes, and songs of the entire show in it. I thought it was a well done season. Twilight becoming a Princess didn't bother me at all, like it did a lot of people. I also thought the Babs Seed episode was great. I don't get why so many hate it. I liked it a lot better than Flight to the Finish, anyways.

• Brohoof 2

If season 3 wasn't the best towards you or others, then that's cool.

For me, I personally think it's over hated and underrated, as I did like it, and I don't believe it was that bad, minus the rushed ending.

However, I'm glad season 4 has been doing really well, so much than what season 3 could have done.

• Brohoof 2

I don't have a problem with season 3 but I was dissapointed that it wasn't as strong as it's predecessors and season 4.

Season 4 did add a lot of redemption for the last season, I'll give it that but if the team working on the show had just stuck to it's 26 episode limit and have it focused on the other characters more than just Twilight, season 3 would've been a whole lot more different and more engaging.

So, for now, I'm giving season 3 the all-clear since Season 4 made up with some of it's episodes being weak and being only 13 episodes.

We have only seen the first 8 episodes of season 4, but currently i say that season 4 wasn't so much better than season 3.

Also in season four there are some plot holes, contradictions and pending questions as in season three. The many pop culture references and Pinkie's silliness are annoying me even more.

My current result of rewatchable episodes:

Season Three - Season Four 6:3

There are 18 episodes yet to come. Season Four still can win this. :P

Edited by Gary S.
  • Brohoof 1

Season 3 was an abomination? What? How? :huh:

Too Many Pinkie Pies, Magic Duel, Sleepless in Ponyville, Wonderbolts Academy, Apple Family Reunion, and so on are an abomination? I can understand that S3 had some weaker episodes, but I think it also had many that rank up there as some of the very best of the series. For only being 13 episodes long, it had a lot more hits than misses.

So far I'm thoroughly enjoying season 4. It seems to really be hitting its stride now, but I don't think it has impacted my opinion of season 3 in any way, for better or worse. I loved season 3 and so far I would rank it a bit higher than season 4. That could certainly change as S4 progresses though. ;)

• Brohoof 2