Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has S4 changed your opinion of S3?

Black Licorice

I loved S3 despite its shortness it had a lot of very cool episodes like wonderbolt academy, it also had one of the best villains ever in my opinion

though I was a bit sad they turned Twilight into an alicorn at first her new wings grew on me quickly.

• Brohoof 2

In a way, the awesome way season 4 is turning out(and the fact we're seeing what DHX is really capable of) is really highlighting the flaws in the earlier seasons when you go back and compare them to it.

HOWEVER it's showing it's strengths as well be demonstrating they actually have some sort of plan for Twilight and are handling the whole thing well(as well as handling Discords redemption well, he's shaping up to be a good trickster mentor)

But yeah, season 4 is shaping up to be a far better season. 

Season 3 was an abomination? What? How? :huh:

Too Many Pinkie Pies, Magic Duel, Sleepless in Ponyville, Wonderbolts Academy, Apple Family Reunion, and so on are an abomination? I can understand that S3 had some weaker episodes, but I think it also had many that rank up there as some of the very best of the series. For only being 13 episodes long, it had a lot more hits than misses.

So far I'm thoroughly enjoying season 4. It seems to really be hitting its stride now, but I don't think it has impacted my opinion of season 3 in any way, for better or worse. I loved season 3 and so far I would rank it a bit higher than season 4. That could certainly change as S4 progresses though. ;)

I love all those other episodes, but I have to agree that To Many Pinkie Pies was a little weak and gave a bit of a bad first impression for the start of the regular episodes. It was by no means bad, just a little weak. 

Edited by Shoboni

I found season 2 to be the weakest season in all honesty

As of right now I'd still say S3 is better, while I've enjoyed S4 so far the only real highlight episode for me so far was Rarity Takes Manehatten(the much need Rarity episode, something that hurt S3 quite a bit) while at this point S3 was hitting most of its high points(Apple Family Reunion is ridiculously underrated)

Despite the fact that it had the weakest finale imo, just about everything else in between it I found good to excellent. Even its worst episode, Spike at Your Service I thought was above average

• Brohoof 1

Okay so lemme put it like this into perspective.

5/13 episodes from season 3 that i really liked. 5/13 i thought were bad, and 3 were merely "okay."

Now, let's take a look at how season  4 fares so far.

5/8 i've really liked. 3/8 were "okay." None that i thought were flat out bad.

Edited by crazitaco

I still find Season 3 the worst season overall, not saying it was bad (well, the first episodes and the last episode all were), but as a whole it wasn't TOO BAD...

Season 4 IMO has produced mostly great episodes. I think that 5 of 8 were in the "Great, loved it" category. 1 of 8 was "Good" and 2 were "okay".

Power Ponies was fairly subpar, but every episode else has hit the mark, IMO.

Edited by Twilight Sniper

Nope, S4 hasn't changed my opinion of season 3. I'm one of the people who actually liked season 3 (still not as good as S1 and S2 though), and I don't know how season 4 could change that. Still, I think I like season 3 more than season 4, so far.

Season 3 was already polarizing enough with events like the lazily-created villain, King Sombra, and Twilight becoming an Alicorn. I wouldn't call season 3 terrible, but I would ay that season 2 was much better. However, season 4, to me, is just okay so far. It hasn't really changed my opinions on season 3 that much, honestly. Mostly because I'm just... meh with both of them. Though, I think season 4 is drifting away from it's major plot point. They haven't even brought up the keys for quite a while now. Wouldn't Twilight be thinking about them? How they're going to find them or where they might be to begin with? I mean, yeah, that plot point alone can't fill a 26 episode season, but it's been, what? five or six episodes now? At least mention them.

But, perhaps I'm judging too early. We're only eight episodes in. The season is still young.

Edited by StevenEarthPony

You know I am getting old,

The "internet posture" fighting in me is dieing. Back in the day I would toss my mane like ah boss and argue for hours over opinion vs opinion. But in all honesty, and with a bit of Ego, I have to admit sometimes I feel like I am the only Brony that just LOVES everything that has MLP tag on it. (yes I am talking about older gens as well).

I just don't see why season 3 is so bad. I do not see why fans are being whiny about season 4. I really don't get why the love for season 1 and 2, and the hatred for EQgirls. I love it, all of it. Sure I have my opinions on little things (spike hate for one) (the lack of main male characters for another). But the "need" to find others that share my opinion is just..gone.

I love My Little Pony, I am a personal friend to 5 other bronies and 3 pegasisters within driving distance of my home. We meet every Saturday morning to see new episodes, spend an hour geeking out afterwards over it and then normally put in some blurays or our copy of EQgirls to spend the rest of the morning.

Only on the Internet do I find so much,....mmm...how to put it, indifference?

Love it, hate it, kick it, hug it, do what you want.

But to this Brony, It is all freaking goooood.

My opinion on season three still stands, even with S4 impressing me so far. I don't think that season three was that bad sure it has it's moments, but it is still not that terrible. It didn't change my opinion on its predecessor.

Season 3 was already polarizing enough with events like the lazily-created villain, King Sombra, and Twilight becoming an Alicorn. I wouldn't call season 3 terrible, but I would ay that season 2 was much better. However, season 4, to me, is just okay so far. It hasn't really changed my opinions on season 3 that much, honestly. Mostly because I'm just... meh with both of them. Though, I think season 4 is drifting away from it's major plot point. They haven't even brought up the keys for quite a while now. Wouldn't Twilight be thinking about them? How they're going to find them or where they might be to begin with? I mean, yeah, that plot point alone can't fill a 26 episode season, but it's been, what? five or six episodes now? At least mention them.

But, perhaps I'm judging too early. We're only eight episodes in. The season is still young.

How the hell was King Sombra lazily created? If anything he is far more original than the monolouging Chrysalis who is only liked due to her design than character