Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Your opinion on skyboxes.

Smarts

One of my favorite things to do in videogames is to just stop and look at the sky sometimes. I like when game developers put effort into the skybox to make it look amazing. It's a little thing, but goes a long way in my book. I appreciate when they put effort into that. So, what is your opinion on skyboxes and what game has your favorite skybox?

• Brohoof 2

Yep, I know what you mean.

I always pay attention to the littlest details in video games, and stuff like that always intrigue me.

For example, in shadow of the colossus, I like the movement, climate, and design that the sky gives at times and on where you fight, especially near the end.

• Brohoof 1

HL2-airboat2.jpg

I've never really noticed that video games have skyboxes, but until now I think that Half-Life 2 has a very descriptive skybox that shows the sky's very enticing details.

• Brohoof 1

Does anyone remember some of the skyboxes in STALKER? I guess that's one of few that I remember as a highlight. To me, it felt like a perfect mix of brightness and storminess that made the zone feel natural and livable, but just a bit threatening.

• Brohoof 1

To be honest I like when developers put effort into the game overall and make sure that everything looks good and plays well. Not just the skybox itself. x)

Anyway I do like looking up at the sky from time to time. I also don't remember off the top of my head any good skyboxes so I'll just post a picture of a game I've been playing recently which is Super Mario 3D World. ;)

3dworld_zps28443b58.jpg

when skyboxes are done right they are awesome

my favorite one is in the legend of zelda skyward sword

img-2186657-1-The-Legend-of-Zelda-Skywar

Home-Alone.jpg 

Is that picture from a dolphin emulator? It looks too gorgous to be the Wii's ugly 480p's graphics.  

• Brohoof 1