Smarts

Gaming Your opinion on skyboxes.

One of my favorite things to do in videogames is to just stop and look at the sky sometimes. I like when game developers put effort into the skybox to make it look amazing. It's a little thing, but goes a long way in my book. I appreciate when they put effort into that. So, what is your opinion on skyboxes and what game has your favorite skybox?

Yep, I know what you mean.

I always pay attention to the littlest details in video games, and stuff like that always intrigue me.

For example, in shadow of the colossus, I like the movement, climate, and design that the sky gives at times and on where you fight, especially near the end.

when skyboxes are done right they are awesome

my favorite one is in the legend of zelda skyward sword

The-Legend-of-Zelda-Skyward-Sword.jpeg

HL2-airboat2.jpg

I've never really noticed that video games have skyboxes, but until now I think that Half-Life 2 has a very descriptive skybox that shows the sky's very enticing details.

Does anyone remember some of the skyboxes in STALKER? I guess that's one of few that I remember as a highlight. To me, it felt like a perfect mix of brightness and storminess that made the zone feel natural and livable, but just a bit threatening.

To be honest I like when developers put effort into the game overall and make sure that everything looks good and plays well. Not just the skybox itself. x)

Anyway I do like looking up at the sky from time to time. I also don't remember off the top of my head any good skyboxes so I'll just post a picture of a game I've been playing recently which is Super Mario 3D World. ;)

3dworld_zps28443b58.jpg

when skyboxes are done right they are awesome

my favorite one is in the legend of zelda skyward sword

img-2186657-1-The-Legend-of-Zelda-Skywar

Home-Alone.jpg 

Is that picture from a dolphin emulator? It looks too gorgous to be the Wii's ugly 480p's graphics.