Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So how many of you peeps dream of being the next big youtube star?

DragonKing235

I dreamed of it back when i first started youtube when i first turned 13, and i actually did videos for like 2 years almost, but i quit after the game i recorded and played alot went downhill and i started to get bored of it and felt forced to do videos of it, instead of for fun, then i just felt stressed and couldn't continue and I never got my channel back on the rails, so i basically quit, I haven't made a video in 2 years.

I did enjoy the popularity i got i guess for while it lasted on the game i use to play, even with only 300 subs quite alot of people noticed me on there. I only got to around 350 max i think, most have probably unsubbed by now.

But i did use to dream of it, and frankly i still kinda do, i still miss the old times i use to make videos and try to become a youtube star, but frankly i don't think i have the talent or dedication or skill, or creativity to become a youtube star anyways. And i don't know if i even enjoy it or not, its hard to say, kinda complicated.

I have considered going back to youtube though, but i haven't acted on it yet.

But yeah, i do dream of it i suppose still, unfortunately its not the most realistic dream for me :/. 

I also dreamt of being a professional singer when i was younger, now i just kinda wish i could sing good and maybe do covers and stuff, but i'm still a good bit away from being a good singer honestly even.

So yeah, basically most of my dreams never come true unfortunately. :/.

• Brohoof 1

Ehh ... I don't really dream about being the 'next big thing' or anything like that, never really have to be honest (that's not to say I've never wondered what it would be like though), but I would like to be noticed a bit, like say ... 50-500 subscribers or so. That would be more than enough to satisfy me. :squee:

• Brohoof 4

Ehh ... I don't really dream about being the 'next big thing' or anything like that, never really have to be honest (that's not to say I've never wondered what it would be like though), but I would like to be noticed a bit, like say ... 50-500 subscribers or so. That would be more than enough to satisfy me. :squee:

I agree with  everything this one says.  :lol:

• Brohoof 3

I've been thinking about joining YouTube for a near two years. Seriously. Just planning and thinking. I almost took action and made my channel only the equipment I needed to record I didn't really have. At the same time, I feel it will be easier for me to make a channel when I'm older as I will better understand how to entertain people and make good content with the right equipment. Being older makes it easier to kind of talk to the watchers as you play the game or whatever. I'd be slightly socially awkward at this age, so that's why. Also I'm quite busy as it is.

But to properly answer your question, I dream of being pretty big on YouTube. Not number 1. Goodness no. I'll be surprised if I'm in the top 500 to be honest.

• Brohoof 2

I've always thought about starting a gaming channel at one point with some of my IRL pals. Yes, I know they're pretty much EVERYWHERE nowadays, but it's always been an ambition of mine. But, like Felix said up there, I might wait a few years before doing it. I've been collecting equipment, but that's only so I don't have to do it later down the road. When I'm older, I might be able to connect and interact with viewers more, as well as put myself out there more.

But, in response, yeah, I'd want to be one of the big gaming channels. I wouldn't do indie horror, though. I'd stick to games like Sonic, Zelda, etc. Though, I would put a few indie titles here and there.

• Brohoof 2

Yes. I dream ALOT of what it would be like to be a youtube star. I highly doupt thats ever gonna happen though.

I also dream of being part of team crafted too. That ain't never gonna happen either :(.

• Brohoof 1

I've always thought about starting a gaming channel at one point with some of my IRL pals. Yes, I know they're pretty much EVERYWHERE nowadays, but it's always been an ambition of mine. But, like Felix said up there, I might wait a few years before doing it. I've been collecting equipment, but that's only so I don't have to do it later down the road. When I'm older, I might be able to connect and interact with viewers more, as well as put myself out there more.

But, in response, yeah, I'd want to be one of the big gaming channels. I wouldn't do indie horror, though. I'd stick to games like Sonic, Zelda, etc. Though, I would put a few indie titles here and there.

Yeah, i wanna do a gaming channel mostly to, sure its not a super original idea, but i wanted to continue my gaming channel since i already have one anyways and stuff. I might wanna do some songs maybe even in the future once i get to become a better singer.  Maybe do some covers on the side and even parodies or full songs. 

I had some recording software, its just a matter of finding and making sure it all works, i did do like almost 200 videos over a bit over a year. and i got around 300 subs, but i just got busy and stressed and couldn't continue.

So idk. Theres also the fact that i'd have to get use to talking to myself again, and hope my mom and all won't find it weird, even if I figured they should be used to it by now, but still. 

I haven't done a video in 2 years though, and as much as I kinda wanna go back to youtube, a bunch of stuff is keeping me indesisive, like what i'll do, the fact my computer currently sucks right now, finding my recording software and getting it to work correctly, being able to commentate effectively still, being self conciscious about my voice, being worried i won't enjoy it, being worried i can't dedicate myself to it, being worried nobody will give a crap about my videos anymore since alot of my subs may not even get on anymore, not to mention i've lost like 100 by now. And stuff like what i'm going to do with my old super outdated and embarrassing videos. Stuff like that.

So yeah, plus the fact that honestly i don't think i'm talented enough or skillful, creative, or entertaining or anything enough to become a youtube star unfortunately :/.

My dreams are kinda crushed already.

• Brohoof 1

Well being a youtuber was in my mind for ages. But i highly doubt it for me. I try my best, but my videos do not go anywhere. All my subs have for some reason given up on liking and commenting. It's actually a interesting thing to read comments. I like to interact with my audience. But i get comments like "Not to do with the video, but mostly some people do comment about the video" But Mostly i try my best to actually interact with everyone, To keep people entertained and actually join the adventure. 

• Brohoof 2

For me I just want to one day actually do something on Youtube, for the fun of it, don't know what to do though, but not to get famous or anything, to simply enjoy doing whatever it is.

• Brohoof 3

YouTube's sorta what I want to do, if I can manage it. So yeah, I suppose I'd like to be a "big hit" on YouTube, but I've got a feeling that's not going to happen anytime soon if at all. I have got a plan for what I'll do there, but whether people will like it... I dunno. Either way, the guys who have made it big on YouTube are definitely an inspiration for me, whether I make it or not as a YouTuber myself.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

well me I do it for fun I like making videos of me playing music and stuff but that is what i like iv been in the youtube game since 2009 and now i'm getting subs i'm up to 16 teen subs right now that is a high record for me all i do is make music and other random videos sorry no pony stuff yet but i got brony subs they must like something on there as along as I have fun doing it i'll be happy do I hope to go big yes but i still want to be happy doing it too so all i can say to you peeps is try and try again you don't have to be big as long as you enjoy doing it that is all never give up on your dreams.

Edited by DragonKing235
  • Brohoof 2

I don't dream of becoming the next big brony youtube star or even a Youtube star (Even though I can't help but think of the great benefits).

I know some who would like to be Youtube stars and make a living of it.

• Brohoof 1

No, not really. As nice as it would be to have supportive fans, haters almost always come up as well. I wouldn't be able to please everyone, either.

Pleasing everyone is totally unrealistic, especially with trolls, even famous youtubers get tons and tons of haters. The way i thought of it was the more haters you have the more well known your getting ;p.

well me I do it for fun I like making videos of me playing music and stuff but that is what i like iv been in the youtube game since 2009 and now i'm getting subs i'm up to 16 teen subs right now that is a high record for me all i do is make music and other random videos sorry no pony stuff yet but i got brony subs they must like something on there as along as I have fun doing it i'll be happy do I hope to go big yes but i still want to be happy doing it too so all i can say to you peeps is try and try again you don't have to be big as long as you enjoy doing it that is all never give up on your dreams.

Well, i wish i could help, my record was in the 300's which is in the scheme of things still not alot, since not maybe but a few commented or liked stuff most of the time. But well the main reason i had even that was because i was among the few people doing videos for the game i use to play and really enjoy.

Of course that game has been kinda ruined since then, and i've lost alot of interest in it after like 2 years or playing it. So unfortunately unless it magically gets fixed again and i get interested enough again i don't know if i'll ever get any fans to watch ever again. 

So sorry :/. But if it makes you feel better if i did videos now i don't even think anyone would watch it. Who knows.

My dreams are kinda ruined unfortunately :/. Idk if my recording software all still works, and my computer is pretty crappy right now. So yeah, dunno what i'd even do for sure now, maybe lets plays, and get like no views. Its hard to enjoy it if nobody even bothers watching :/. Its like talking to yourself while playing something. But no interaction. 

Whatever, i'm done whining, but i highly doubt my dreams would ever come true again, especially since i don't have the dedication to do it consistently at the level i did, much less enough to get popular. I'm not even anything special as a person, so honestly there would be no point in anybody watching me over someone else whos a million times better then me.

But i guess i enjoyed my one time at a little youtube fame, but its long over. ;/.

I wouldn't dream of being a Youtube star because, the popularity and the fame would start to change how I act with the people around me preferably friends and family. I'm one of the last people you would expect to be famous.

ME! Actually some buddies and I to be more accurate. I've been working on two projects one being a Let's Play channel that I just havn't gotten around to, and a Machinima channel that I've been more preoccupied with. Even If we don't do so well it will still be fun to make as a hobby and who knows maybe it will maybe it won't. It's going to be fun no matter the outcome. ^-^

• Brohoof 1

I don't mind if I'm popular or not on YouTube, I just make videos because I enjoy entertaining people, no matter how many people they may be.

I'm actually taking a gap year from University in which I'm focusing on LiveStreaming and YouTube videos, among some other projects, mainly because I'm burnt out and can't stand another year of Uni for now.

• Brohoof 1

I really want to tap into the music part of this fandom. Have my name become a brony association. (Living Tombstone, WoodenToaster/Glaze, Archie, AcousticBrony, MandoPony, Jackle App, Bronyfied, Aviators, Rainbowcrash88 etc.)

However, I just started and it's difficult coming up with ideas. I always try and make something for a couple hours, next day, I think it's bad and completely scrap it. It's not that bad. Since when I started, I couldn't even find an idea of how to write a song.

I don't know, but I've only been doing this for about 11 months (almost a year!) and I'm hoping I'll get somewhere soon.