Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A Brony convention, at NICKELODEON STUDIOS?

Sholem Itzhak

I've been thinking of Universal Studios lately, and something hit me when I read about a Transformers attraction they had: What would it be like if we brought the Ponies to Universal Studios (Hollywood, Orlando, or both)?

Imagine hosting a Brony convention somewhere in the park. What do you think of a Brony convention held outside or inside of what used to be NICKELODEON STUDIOS in Orlando?

Or perhaps, imagine an attraction/ride that’s themed around MLP:FiM. Imagine what it would be like if what’s left of NICKELODEON STUDIOS was somehow made into a Pony themed attraction (it has kind of an ironic feel doesn’t it).

Feel free to share your thoughts.

I believe the old Nick Studios building was converted to a Blue Man Group building back in '06 :(

I'm not sure if it still houses them today, but I do like the idea of a pony themed place.

Edited by Razzmataz

I believe the old Nick Studios building was converted to a Blue Man Group building back in '06 :(

I'm not sure if it still houses them today, but I do like the idea of a pony themed place.

Only Soundstage 18 and one of the rooms in the main building was converted into the Blue Man Group's venure. The rest of the former studio is used for all sorts of things, and a lot of Nickeodeon is still in there ;): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7_CychOtto

Well, while i understand what your saying and it'd be cool, i don't think just because they did something with transformer means they'll do the same with MLP. 

The thing is MLP is different, and bronies aren't considered the same by everyone, but i have a feeling they might not be totally accepting of us if we did do something at nickelodeon studios. Maybe if it was for kids maybe, but even then idk.

So its a cool idea, but i just don't really know if its possible.

However, the Brony movement has already done a lot with the Ponies that doesn't have to do with MLP; take many of those OCs for example.

Right, but the difference here is that nickelodeon is part of a separate company altogether. Copyright and all that. If any sort of ride was going to be built there it would have to be under the permission of Hasbro and Nickelodeon, which is unlikely to happen. Bronies couldn't just go build a MLP themepark, it'd get sued in an instant, and Hasbro doesen't seem likely to want anything to do with it. I mean, sure Bronies make other things, like as you said, OC's, but an OC isn't in anyway canon. The whole point is it's well, original. Unless by that you meant the entire thing would be purely oc based in which case no thanks, I've had enough black and red alicorn for now.

Edited by Brosparkles

(edited)

Right, but the difference here is that nickelodeon is part of a separate company altogether. Copyright and all that. If any sort of ride was going to be built there it would have to be under the permission of Hasbro and Nickelodeon, which is unlikely to happen. Bronies couldn't just go build a MLP themepark, it'd get sued in an instant, and Hasbro doesen't seem likely to want anything to do with it. I mean, sure Bronies make other things, like as you said, OC's, but an OC isn't in anyway canon. The whole point is it's well, original. Unless by that you meant the entire thing would be purely oc based in which case no thanks, I've had enough black and red alicorn for now.

I wasn't implying any of that at all (particularly Bronies just jumping in to doing things without proper permission and planning first). Also, I said what used to be Nickelodeon Studios, not what is Nickelodeon Studios. Did the Blueman Group need to go though Nickelodeon (in addition to Universal Studios) to get rights to use Soundstage 18 (and parts of the center building)? I don't know; but most likely, all whom they needed to go though was Universal Studios.

Edited by Sholem Itzhak

I wasn't implying any of that at all (particularly Bronies just jumping in to doing things without proper permission and planning first). Also, I said what used to be Nickelodeon Studios, not what is Nickelodeon Studios. Did the Blueman Group need to go though Nickelodeon (in addition to Universal Studios) to get rights to use Soundstage 18 (and parts of the center building)? I don't know; but most likely, all whom they needed to go though was Universal Studios.

Ah, that's my mistake then. I didn't know nickelodeon didn't still own nickelodeon studios. Still, I doubt Hasbro would have any interest.

Edited by Brosparkles

I'm not pretty sure but I think it's worth a shot.

Hasbro might not be too sure about this idea but still, It can't really hurt to gain approval and take a shot.

That's the spirit; now that's thinking like a Brony should. :)

• Brohoof 1