Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Your recent album purchase(s)

Sir Hugsalot

• 2 weeks later...

I just got both Natural History homepage_large.6cf86c78.jpg

and the Saturday EP 125636.jpg

from Dope Body digitally. Saturday's alright but Natural History is GREAT!

They're sort of as if Andrew W.K. joined a sludge/noise rock band... It's a lot better than that sounds.

(edited)

The last one that I've purchased was The Unforgiving, by Within Temptation.  There's some tracks and add-ins that were (from what I understand) intended to be part of some mini YouTube videos that involve fighting vampires.

Some of the songs are okay, but there are some in particular that I absolutely LOVE!!!

(These are in order of track appearance).

Edited by Washougal_Otaku

(edited)

A recently purchased

A fever you can't sweat out by: Panic! at the disco 

I'm loving it I think it's one of their best albums. In fact I'm listening to it right now  :D

Edited by Pinkie_dust

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

Steam Powered Giraffe -  Mk III

An amazing blend of genre, comedy, talent, and robots. Also it has a cool booklet. 

Edited by TheSteampunkNinja (TSN)

• 6 months later...

I recently got my first album for year 2015 - Orden Ogan - Ravenhead

1000x1000.jpg

I know, what artwork probably suggests, but don't expect some kind of death metal etc on this one. If I had to describe it in a short way - it is power metal with some folk-like melodies and choirs. Mostly reminds me of Blind Guardian.

How is the album? For me - it's perfect. I failed to find a single track that is bad, riffs were crushing, melodies were all awesome (and it does not happen often around metal bands recently) and choruses very memorable for me. I could describe it song-by-song, but I am lazy, so - nope.jpg :v 

But there's one thing I dislike - bonus tracks. Making one track in 8 bit version is pointless, and folk version of other one is nothing but using vocals from original song and adding acoustic guitars to them. In other words - it's not folk, but acoustic version. And not the best one, I expected a lot more when I saw that one as "bonus". 

And a song from album (only two are online sadly)

I've been kinda on a vinyl binge lately. I recently also bought an old prerssing of Jimi Hendrix's Electric Ladyland as well as Pink Floyd's Dark Side Of The Moon. I already own a recent reissue of Ladyland, so I'm probably gonna end up selling it.

Edited by LatinoChurro

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...